• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
This was a thing? What Sonic game did this version of Eggman originated from?
Enjoy.

maxresdefault.jpg

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Of all the things we've seen or know so far, His Robotnik look is the least concerning.

This trailer is really going to be something, huh?

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I don't tihnk he looks bad, but nothing in particular screams eggman for me. As I myself and some others before have mentioned, he looks like he's from lazytown.

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Can't believe Jim Carrey as Robotnik in a live action Sonic movie looks better than Henry Cavill as The Witcher.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope that tomorrow's trailer includes Gangsta's Paradise

Oct 28, 2017
I expected this reply. I disagree. Aint even the worst main series Sonic game. And I unironically love everything about Shadow in 06.
I won't be fully satisfied with the Sonic movie unless they leave in the voice director correcting someone's misreading of a line.
I honestly can't believe that made it in to the final game, and in such a non subtle way that there's no way it should have been missed in testing.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I just wanna say how fucking awful this looks as a take on Eggman. When I think of Eggman as a design I think of three basic things: fat, bald, huge mustache. They're zero for three here, instead apparently having said "ok, he has goggles..... uh....... he has a mustache.............. uhhhhhhhhhhhhh......... and he wears red. we're set".

I can understand not going for the comically large facial hair because this is a live-action take on the character, but really? They couldn't be bothered to make him bald or fat? And I know he's going to end up looking more like the character by the end but that's not any consolation. I shouldn't have to sit through 2 hours of "Robotnik" just to see the version of the character I actually want.

The best I can say for it is that it doesn't actively horrify me like Sonic's movie design does. It's just lazy.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I can roll with the look if Jim Carey goes full ham as the villain, since he could totally pull it off

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
How many minutes into the movie will they put the scene where he loses all his hair and gets mad at Sonic about it?

Oct 25, 2017
I just wanna say how fucking awful this looks as a take on Eggman. When I think of Eggman as a design I think of three basic things: fat, bald, huge mustache. They're zero for three here, instead apparently having said "ok, he has goggles..... uh....... he has a mustache.............. uhhhhhhhhhhhhh......... and he wears red. we're set".

I can understand not going for the comically large facial hair because this is a live-action take on the character, but really? They couldn't be bothered to make him bald or fat? And I know he's going to end up looking more like the character by the end but that's not any consolation. I shouldn't have to sit through 2 hours of "Robotnik" just to see the version of the character I actually want.

The best I can say for it is that it doesn't actively horrify me like Sonic's movie design does. It's just lazy.
I'm willing to bet that Sonic does something (like bonk a turbine flame to sear his top layer off) to make him bald by the end at least. I'm sure this is leaning more on an "origin" angle.

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Doing the same tilted dog head like when I was a kid seeing Dennis Hopper as King Koopa for the first time. I let franchises like FF and Sonic go a long time ago, so go wild Sega... or whatever.

Village

Oct 25, 2017

Rumor is sonic makes him bald and fat in the film

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Well, Jim Carrey's Robotnik doesn't look bad, but considering he ain't fat or bald he currently looks more like a LazyTown villain than the legit article.

In general, I still have no idea what to think of this movie. Misguided, probably. If it will end up a train wreck, I hope at least it will be an entertaining one. Still hope it will be good, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.