• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Return of the Jedi is pretty weak. Overall, it's problem wasn't not being planned out. But, it didn't help. I'll always think the Luke/Leia twist is trash. The idea was fine, but just throwing it out there because of a line in Empire that wasn't plotted out did suck. And love it or hate it, I find the 20 minute prologue that doesn't really relate to the rest of the movie odd. They didn't know where they were going with the end of Empire, but wanted Han back in Jedi ASAP.

It's funny, because Luke/Leia being siblings is so ingrained in Star Wars mythos now, it's hard to remember how in the context of just the OG trilogy, how stupid that plot twist was.

That Yoda line in Empire wasn't even referring to Leia at the time.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
They really should have had one director so the whole trilogy, or at least had a some type of plan of where the story would go

It at least had Lucas as the overall guy in charge. This trilogy has no such person as Kennedy seems to be more hands off and lets each director mostly do their own thing

Look where having one guy be the sole writer and director of a trilogy got us with the prequels. And that guy was Lucas, no less.

Before TFA, JJ and the team probably would've laid out a basic vision or possible end point for the ST. I'm sure it's been deviated from drastically in some cases, but you don't embark on something like this without at least considering where it could go by the end. And of course, unforeseeable events like the untimely death of Carrie Fisher could throw more spanners in the works, even if a trilogy has been meticulously planned out ahead of time.

With JJ returning, you will get some sense of continuity. Rian injecting his fresh ideas in the middle is the best thing that could've happened to this otherwise safe trilogy. Let's just be thankful Treverrow got the boot.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Masked Kylo- Check
Nathan Drake'd Poe- Check
Lando look snazzy as ever- Check
Mon Cal identifying whether it has colour blindness- check

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

Now give us a decent RPG you wankers.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So take this with a grain of salt but thought i'd share it.
It's from reddit whether it's real it shows the first look at lando.

giphy.gif
I heard that BDW has trouble with mobility so I'm not expecting much
I hope they just give him a nice juicy cameo line or scene

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
If Kylo Ren runs the whole first order now can't he afford just to have a new helmet made, it's not like they're unique anyway the Knights of Ren were wearing them in TFA.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Fuck it, I caved. I've been spoiled on every film thus far so I'm just accepting and embracing the dark side.

I do nooooooot like the mask returning so I hope that stays in concept art phase. This contradicts Kylo's character development which was carefully built over the course of two films. Yes it looks good. But it doesn't make a lick of sense for him, thematically.

Rey in white looks fantastic. Love the simplicity of her designs. I wonder if this is an ode to Leia's representation of hope in ANH.

The second to last alien concept looks great.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I guess it's too much to hope for that Rei doesn't fall into Jedi cliches in her finale movie.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely love that portions of the fanbase think two directors would subtweet each other through a multi billion dollar movie franchise

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
I heard that BDW has trouble with mobility so I'm not expecting much
I hope they just give him a nice juicy cameo line or scene

Excuse my slow brain, but I cannot figure out how to do spoiler tags, but possible spoilers below.

I read that Landos role will be very small. Very similar to Maz. The heroes will go to him for direction. Supposedly he will not have to move much, and he even has a very stylish Landoish walking cane as well.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
For like the 90th time:

Rian's entire moral was not let the past die.
IKR? The entire third act of TLJ is about them rebuilding back their underdog hero/ empire villain dynamic. That said, I totally get if people find that approach boring and lame, but they should at least be consistent about their criticism :/

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Bringing back Kylo's helmet seems like it would really go against his whole "let the past die" rage at the end of the last film.

I mean... let the past die, right? Especially Ep VIII. It's in the past, let it die.

On topic: It's hard to tell if JJ can salvage this trilogy. F looks a bit like Lando's disguise. Rest is standard SW fare, which is to say, I like it.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Someone needs to add Force Grand Master Luke...
and Anakin, and Yoda, and Obi-Wan, and Sheev

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Bringing back Kylo's helmet seems like it would really go against his whole "let the past die" rage at the end of the last film.

Except that...the point of the story was that he couldn't actually do that. Rey and Luke let the past go but he couldn't. Makes sense that he would go back to the Vader cosplay after being bitchslapped once again. He is a coward and a hypocrite.

Old Lando is going to be so good, such a shame we won't get a proper scene with him and Leia.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Something that I see rarely addressed. How the fuck did Kylo get back his helmet after Starkilier base blew up? He clearly leaves it on the bridge after he kills Han.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Well, like many ideals or personal philosophies, "let the past die" could be aspirational. Kylo could fail to live up to his own values. In fact, that's already a compelling element of his character.