• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Just in case: nobody has said anything regarding an appearance next Wednesday.

All we really have regarding that is Shinji Hashimoto (FF brand manager and producer) tweeting about the event.

The dispute is regarding whether XVI was supposed to appear on the June event (whether it was initially planned or even directly pulled from it, we don't know): some say that it was indeed (among which we find verified users who could have access to that info)

Meanwhile, others (also trustworthy people), that that's not the case. There was even some speculation theorizing that people might have been confused by Athia, but, then again, Navtra did talk about a new S-E IP and FF XVI in their "speculation" list.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
It's sad that I don't feel anything about this. All major FF after 12 had varying degrees of major issues. Outside of being really pretty on PC there was nothing to say about XV either.

FF games used to be teased at Sony's conference all the time so I don't see why it wouldn't be there.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying to contain my excitement, but I just checked and it's too late. Already excited.

So it had better happen, or... I won't forgive you.

Oct 26, 2017
Just in case: nobody has said anything regarding an appearance next Wednesday.

All we really have regarding that is Shinji Hashimoto (FF brand manager and producer) tweeting about the event.

The dispute is regarding whether XVI was supposed to appear on the June event (whether it was initially planned or even directly pulled from it, we don't know): some say that it was indeed (among which we find verified users who could have access to that info)

Meanwhile, others (also trustworthy people), that that's not the case. There was even some speculation theorizing that people might have been confused by Athia, but, then again, Navtra did talk about a new S-E IP and FF XVI in their "speculation" list.

Yeah I looked at the threadmarks but I didn't understand the thread title change

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
It's sad that I don't feel anything about this. All major FF after 12 had varying degrees of major issues. Outside of being really pretty on PC there was nothing to say about XV either.

FF games used to be teased at Sony's conference all the time so I don't see why it wouldn't be there.
That's true, but if this is indeed XIV's team's project, i trust it could be a game without a rocky development and flawed results (as much as I loved XII and enjoyed XV).

We really need that after all these years of mismanagement.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
That's true, but if this is indeed XIV's team's project, i trust it could be a game without a rocky development and flawed results (as much as I loved XII and enjoyed XV).

We really need that after all these years of mismanagement.
XIV was badly managed at first too. They had to reboot the whole thing >.>

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
It won't happen, but I believe it. Hope this is one of those last minute leak like FF7 Remake back then.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People shouldn't doubt a new Final Fantasy mainline is about to be announced, I mean yeah it could not happen, but for decades now a new mainline FF is announced before a new generation begins.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I would love for SE to take what was good about FFXV and refine it. Build a better open world without rushed ending. Bigger towns, more monsters to hunt, improve the combat sytem (and the damn camera), etc...

Instead we'll get a new game with new engine most likely with SE's usual long development cycle. "Please be excited, indeed". That said, I did like FFXV for all its faults, liked FFVIIR with its own set of issues, so I will definitely be onboard.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I would love for SE to take what was good about FFXV and refine it. Build a better open world without rushed ending. Bigger towns, more monsters to hunt, improve the combat sytem (and the damn camera), etc...

Instead we'll get a new game with new engine most likely with SE's usual long development cycle. "Please be excited, indeed". That said, I did like FFXV for all its faults, liked FFVIIR with its own set of issues, so I will definitely be onboard.
That's probably what Athia will be. Same team, engine, open world and some fast-paced traversal. I honestly hope this is not open-world, but I'd love a globe-trotting kinda feel (with a large cast).

XVI will most likely be UE4. We don't know how troubled development will be, but I doubt we'll have problems like those of XV (a director departing and a project being essentialy rebooted with an engine being still worked on at the same time) and VII Remake (relying on outsourced work for whatever reason and, then, after seeing it doesn't work out, having to build an in-house team from the ground up).

But there's always room for surprise with S-E :p

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
The people who want Ivalice, a world we have already been to before multiple times before, are crazy. I want a new world that is separated from any other FF game.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
BRUH! What's happening? Naora FF happening or nay?

(everyone expecting some kind of Yoshida/Ito wizardry... it will be the OLD king, Naora!)

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
Really need XVI in my life. It's depressing to think since XIV was rebooted and XV rebranded, the last time we got a completely "new" mainline FF game was XIV 1.0 in 2010.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Everyone acting like this is some kind of insider secret.

This is the PS5 (timed) exclusive bomb on Wednesday.

or not. Multiplatform reveal not-E3 2021

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
But the expansions are out of this world. They are incredible.
Yeah that doesn't mean shit with ARR standing in the way. I'm not paying to skip it and I'm not paying to play such a poor experience (my account doesn't get the free trial).

I'll give them a try when SE makes the ARR skip free and the sub free for at least HS but until then it's the worst FF game. No other FF game makes you spend 50 hours to be good because they're all finished by then.

Elephant

Nov 2, 2017
Nottingham, UK
Looking forward to seeing it in the store in 2025, telling myself it's going to be awful and that they haven't made a decent FF since X before buying it.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that doesn't mean shit with ARR standing in the way. I'm not paying to skip it and I'm not paying to play such a poor experience (my account doesn't get the free trial).

I'll give them a try when SE makes the ARR skip free and the sub free for at least HS but until then it's the worst FF game. No other FF game makes you spend 50 hours to be good because they're all finished by then.

Your opinion sucks.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's a shame you can't try the free trial now that Heavensward is included on it. I don't think ARR is a great FF, but as an MMO it's pretty good, and the dungeons are so much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.