• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
The worst game in the franchise remastered.....

Great!

giphy.gif

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine hating a game so much you have to come to a thread about its potential remaster and tell everyone how you hope the remaster never comes out.

I'm certainly hoping this is true, and a proper remaster like others mentioned. FF8 is great.

My post was tongue in cheek about it never coming out obviously, but the game is total shit to me.

I was hyped as hell Back in the day after playing 7, then I played it and I didn't what the fuck was happening and I hated it.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
My post was tongue in cheek about it never coming out obviously, but the game is total shit to me.

I was hyped as hell Back in the day after playing 7, then I played it and I didn't what the fuck was happening and I hated it.
I mean you don't have to like it lol

It's just weird to be upset that such a massively popular game is getting a remaster.

SlyCoug88

Jan 10, 2018
Do switch users cry like this all the time?

On Topic: I dont have as many fond memories with ff8 as i do ff7/FF9/FFT but i'll welcome this like i did 7 and 9.

Sensitive much? All I said is I hope it's on Switch. I don't have time to play any games on dedicated home consoles so I'd like the chance to re-play the game and it'll be a bummer for me if it isn't in the format I want. Not sure in what world this is "crying".

Miang

Oct 28, 2017
Drawing is tedious but with Triple Triad obtaining strong magic for junctions early on is fun. Best mini game of all time. Even though buffing with endgame magic via TT removes all challenge, I can't help doing it every replay because I enjoy it so much lol

Jan 25, 2018
I hope they did something about the tedious summon system. Sitting through the scenes and hitting the button to strengthen was cool back in the day...now it would be ultra inconvenient.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017

Same. Bought it at launch. The concept is great, graphics were mindblowing at the time, music is awesome, character and world art design are great; but the actual story, characterization, and gameplay systems shit the bed so hard I quit it halfway through. My friend at the time had a copy of Final Fantasy Tactics, which was getting hard to find, and he traded FFT to me for FFVIII... which I still consider today to be one of the greatest known heists in recorded history.

enigmatic_alex44

GAGA IS A FLOP
Oct 25, 2017
You tried it.
I - dafsdkjfd

This is THE announcement of E3 2019.

JeMj1Zm.gif

To be able to replay the best FF in HD... and watch it gather up a whole new generation of millions of fans... The Madonna of games, truly.

If you haven't played Legend VIII yet, get ready for the best love story in a game, the best art direction in the series, the best soundtrack, two great leads (Squall & Rinoa), LGBT icon Zell and his obsession with hot dogs, and a fantastic customizable battle system.

OMG what if they implement proper widescreen and give Legend VIII a physical release on cartridge??? Whew

4GnKt1n.gif

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I'm gonna be devastated if this is the one leak that doesn't come true lol.
I - dafsdkjfd

JeMj1Zm.gif

To be able to replay the best FF in HD... and watch it gather up a whole new generation of millions of fans... The Madonna of games, truly.

If you haven't played Legend VIII yet, get ready for the best love story in a game, the best art direction in the series, the best soundtrack, two great leads (Squall & Rinoa), LGBT icon Zell and his obsession with hot dogs, and a fantastic customizable battle system.

OMG what if they implement proper widescreen and give Legend VIII a physical release on cartridge??? Whew

4GnKt1n.gif
Tea was spilt.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I - dafsdkjfd

JeMj1Zm.gif

4GnKt1n.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

We were waiting for you King

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think this was the original The Last Jedi for me. Everyone just shit all over it and I didn't understand and I never will. Top 3 in the series.

Oct 31, 2017
I - dafsdkjfd

JeMj1Zm.gif

4GnKt1n.gif

Wait what? First time I'm hearing anything about Zell's sexuality

I need deets

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I - dafsdkjfd

JeMj1Zm.gif

4GnKt1n.gif
yzvy2X8.gif

I'VE MISSED YOUR VIII POSTS SIS.

IT'S HAPPENING. VIII IS GETTING THE RESPECT IT DESERVES.

tumblr_oz1wd3cuvx1w5j9nto1_500.gif

As happy as I am about this, I think I hope more for your sake that this leak is true lol.
7p206nZ.gif

<3

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
FF8 is kinda fun because how easy is to break the game through the Triple Triad. Not to mention Limit Break spam in critical.

CD1 FF8 is still my favourite mainline FF (Tactics is the best but that's cheating).

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
Well probably the remastered is only the PC version ported to console..

Not necessarily. The PC version is barely touched from the PC version from 1998; if it's anything like the IX re-release, we'll have some sharper models and environments, native controls (instead of seeing PC or PS1 buttons, we'll see the system's buttons), and some QoL tweaks here and there.

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
Would be great if this was announced and available to buy tomorrow but probably it will be released later this summer.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same. Bought it at launch. The concept is great, graphics were mindblowing at the time, music is awesome, character and world art design are great; but the actual story, characterization, and gameplay systems shit the bed so hard I quit it halfway through. My friend at the time had a copy of Final Fantasy Tactics, which was getting hard to find, and he traded FFT to me for FFVIII... which I still consider today to be one of the greatest known heists in recorded history.

That's a great way to put it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.