• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einhandr

Oct 27, 2017
Part of me hopes they drop it tonight if it's not a true remaster (ala 7 and 9), but of course I just started 9 a week ago so I definitely want to finish that one first.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never did give VIII a fair shake back in the day so I hope this is true. I'd love to try again, then do IX right after.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Time to fight Diablos in the first couple hours again
It's the only time to fight Diablos. REAL gamers spent hours drawing Demi. REAL. GAMERS.

gehu93D.gif

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
Ohhhhhhh man!!! I hope this is true. I've been waiting for it. Don't let me down! :D

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
100% completely ok with this, in fact put it directly into my veins. I will fanboy like I'm 12 years old if this gets announced and have no shame. However... please skip IX. That game is meant to be trapped in the past.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
8 is ducking awful, can only hope they take as long as they did with 7 and it never actually releases.

Last edited:

SlyCoug88

Jan 10, 2018
Would be a huge bummer if not on Switch. VIII was actually the first FF I ever purchased, but I had it on a crappy PC and never finished it. Would love another chance with portability and some of the QoL features we've been seeing in the other FF remasters.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
There's nothing to get. His face is a low-resolution render of a low-resolution texture on a low-poly model, which, in essence, looks like dog shit. Even more so when zoomed-in. That's in contrast with the statement she's making in the game, which implies everyone else at the party looks even worse. (Or she has questionable taste.)

No I get what you guys are getting at it. It is just mad corny and lame. The reason why it looks like because it is not played off a CRT.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
Say it's true! This was my 1st Final Fantasy I played on my own after watching my brother play FFVII. Lots of nostalgia for me.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
UHHHH guess I'm staying up for the SE conference after all

the dream that will never die

Alpha_ulquiorra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Would be a huge bummer if not on Switch. VIII was actually the first FF I ever purchased, but I had it on a crappy PC and never finished it. Would love another chance with portability and some of the QoL features we've been seeing in the other FF remasters.
Do switch users cry like this all the time?

On Topic: I dont have as many fond memories with ff8 as i do ff7/FF9/FFT but i'll welcome this like i did 7 and 9.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
So I'm seeing Jason Schreier musing that this could be remade in an FFX style engine.

I could actually see this being a thing. I've already played through Balamb Garden in full 3D (in a limited fashion) through World Of Final Fantasy.

I would be sad if they binned off the world map, but, the world map was starting to run its course by the time we hit VIII.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Could finally give me another chance to replay it (was thinking about getting the steam version but heard not so good impression of it).

Lets go!

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this is true, especially if they put it out for Switch! I have such a soft spot for VIII, no matter how flawed it is. It's a pipe dream, but I wish they'd tweak the junction system a bit, as well as the translation--they did Squall's inner monologues really dirty with "whatever" being his typical response. Even if this is just a somewhat-prettified version of the game, though, like they did with IX... I'll be pleased lol.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I'm imagining them using Squall and Rinoa's Dissidia models.

But then everything else would need to be just as ridiculously detailed and then it's practically what FF7:R should have been.

Edit: I just realized if they're remastering 8, there will 100% be a crossover event in FFXIV.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because everyone has to shit on their least favourite to prop up their fave. It's annoying as fuck and why I consider this the worst fanbase I'm part of (despite some of the great people I've met through it).

It legit feels like some kind of "console war" but in Final Fantasy form.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine hating a game so much you have to come to a thread about its potential remaster and tell everyone how you hope the remaster never comes out.

I'm certainly hoping this is true, and a proper remaster like others mentioned. FF8 is great.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense when you consider that FF* has been shafted in every possible way imaginable. More-so than FF6. The game needed a remaster due to the lost source code so a re-engineering+remaster is the only way to bring it back. I don't know whether to believe if it's happening now but it seems like a great time to announce it so I'll give this rumor a 4/5 on the believable scale

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Forget the haters. I'm really hoping this is real! It's not my favorite by any means, but still a good game.

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
I am down for this definitely one of my favorite FF settings even though I thought the draw system was really weird and the whole leveling system was strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.