• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I had a quick look at the coupon code - in the UK store, for the minimu spend of 4 or 5 quid each you can get:-

disco elysium
jacbox 5, or 6
Journey to a savage planet
super luckys tale
axiom verge 2
ghostrunner

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
What's the link with the cake that's presented as a clue? Don't know a thing about this game ahah.
I don't know anything about the game either, but there is a cake hat thing in the art that looks a lot like the one in the epic wrapping paper, so that checks out

wp7932957.jpg

Steakman

Jan 25, 2021
Any idea how the PC version of the HD collection holds up? I heard tons of complains when it came out but no idea how it's been since
Overall pretty well. If you're playing on PC you might want to download the Audio Restoration and Wide-Screen mods as those are two common issues.

They could be better ports but they're generally fine now. They do a good enough job.

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
It's been said countless times, explained ad nausem, etc.
Epic pays publishers to exclude steam, and only steam, with their releases. That is not competition. That is attempting to monoploize a market that has been, for quite a while now, open and full of choices. Epic is removing that choice.

And with open and full of choices you mean Steam beeing the only widespread option? Dont be ridiculous. There are plenty of games you can only get on Steam exclusively. And before EGS, Steam held an unhealthy amout of power over especially smaller devs and publishers and it still does. EGS has loosened that up abit already.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
doubt it will happen but I would be over the moon of they end up giving away one of the kingdom hearts collections

Last edited:

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
Man Era is weird sometimes; will fall over themselves about PS+/XBL/Game Pass freebies, but will froth at the mouth with Epic freebies.

I've literally claimed every freebie on every platform, and in the case of EGS, have installed a SINGLE game lol, but I ain't out here slinging shit over it.

Place is wack and lately everyone just seems pissed lol.

I vaguely remembered that last time, they gave hints for the game by the silhouette of some in-game artwork hidden on the gift wrapper image.
Is it the same this time too?

Edit: I guess not!??
Seems that the first clue was a forklift...for anyone that's played Shenmue, is that relevant? Next weeks' is a cake, does that relate to Neon Abyss? Kinda fun to guess!

ArcheTenix

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 22, 2021
Why is having more competition a good thing for everyone? What kind of assumptions do we need to make about Epic Games store so that it qualifies as competition? Do these assumptions actually hold for Epic Games Store, and has Epic Games store brought benefits for everyone?

I'm hoping that Epic Games store will lead to lower prices across all platforms (Steam and other services) and that all games will be released simultaneously on all services.
FFVII Remake is £70 on there…

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Man Era is weird sometimes; will fall over themselves about PS+/XBL/Game Pass freebies, but will froth at the mouth with Epic freebies.

I've literally claimed every freebie on every platform, and in the case of EGS, have installed a SINGLE game lol, but I ain't out here slinging shit over it.

Place is wack and lately everyone just seems pissed lol.
Not downloading a piece of software and refusing to download free products is the very definition of sticking it to the man...you should like a corporate shill

/s

Oct 29, 2017
And with open and full of choices you mean Steam beeing the only widespread option? Dont be ridiculous. There are plenty of games you can only get on Steam exclusively. And before EGS, Steam held an unhealthy amout of power over especially smaller devs and publishers and it still does. EGS has loosened that up abit already.
Open your eyes. Steam isn't, and has never been, the only widespread option. Any game you can get on steam exclusively is either a valve property or it was a publisher/developer choice to only release a game on steam. Valve has never made any bullshit "exclusivity" arrangements. Instead, they take the money they make and use it to make steam a more robust experience and add useful features.

Valve holds no more power over any indie or small dev than any other launcher. I'm not sure how anyone could come to that conclusion doing even a bit of research. Did you get your info direct from timmy?

TiduzOmni

Oct 25, 2017
An error occurred during checkout. Please try again later.

cant get it on the browser and the app wont load. Nice.

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Open your eyes. Steam isn't, and has never been, the only widespread option. Any game you can get on steam exclusively is either a valve property or it was a publisher/developer choice to only release a game on steam. Valve has never made any bullshit "exclusivity" arrangements. Instead, they take the money they make and use it to make steam a more robust experience and add useful features.

Valve holds no more power over any indie or small dev than any other launcher. I'm not sure how anyone could come to that conclusion doing even a bit of research. Did you get your info direct from timmy?

Man, you have no clue what you are talking about. Steam doesnt need to make exclusivity arrangements because they have an unprecedented stranglehold on this particular market. There is no other storefront/launcher option that is like steam and comes even close to the massive size of its userbase. For many devs, if they for some reason cannot get on steam, its a death sentence and easily makes the difference between a potentially very popular game and game that is completely unsuccessful.

Also, Valve has proven time and time again that their own managment of Steam is often times very lackluster. The Epic Store is for the first time ever something that resembles an actual competitor to steam. And even then, its got a long way to go.

EllipsisBreak

One Winged Slayer
Aug 6, 2019
Man, you have no clue what you are talking about. Steam doesnt need to make exclusivity arrangements because they have an unprecedented stranglehold on this particular market. There is no other storefront/launcher option that is like steam and comes even close to the massive size of its userbase. For many devs, if they for some reason cannot get on steam, its a death sentence and easily makes the difference between a potentially very popular game and game that is completely unsuccessful.

Also, Valve has proven time and time again that their own managment of Steam is often times very lackluster. The Epic Store is for the first time ever something that resembles an actual competitor to steam. And even then, its got a long way to go.
What are these games that cannot get on Steam?

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
so apparently if you clicked more than 10 times to try and get through they block your account from getting shit for 24 hours...what the hell kind of bullshit is that.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm fine with Epic shoveling their money into a bottomless pit. Still not signing up for their store, though.

Oct 29, 2017
Man, you have no clue what you are talking about. Steam doesnt need to make exclusivity arrangements because they have an unprecedented stranglehold on this particular market.
So valve has a "stranglehold" because they're popular? How dare they.
There is no other storefront/launcher option that is like steam and comes even close to the massive size of its userbase.
"Goddammit valve you need to stahp steam is too good."
For many devs, if they for some reason cannot get on steam, its a death sentence and easily makes the difference between a potentially very popular game and game that is completely unsuccessful.
I can't think of a time this has ever happened. If a game can't get on steam, it either goes against their pretty lax ToS, or the developer chooses to not release it on steam. In fact, steam is self publishing, so even games that break ToS end up on there.
What has valve done that's so irredeemably terrible? They could have just sat on top of the market and raked in the cash and done little to improve the end user experience. But they've been continuing to move things along with steam as a platform. Epic isn't even close to a competitor to steam. They have fortnite, they have unreal and the rest is a wash. They don't make any money back on their steam exclusion games and if not for their game giveaways, they'd already be dead in the water with anything that isn't fortnite. Even now, three years since the launch of EGS, they're drowning in an unsustainable cycle of paying for exclusions that don't make them any money back. And who suffers when epic pulls the plug on EGS because it's not a sustainable business model? That's right. All the people who insist EGS is "just another launcher".

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Can't claim Blizabelle from Fortnite store, can't even log in to EGS and if I get it at random points I can't redeem Shenmue and I do wonder if they gonna solve this before the free game offer ends tomorrow. they should have expected this to happen so they should have maintained their servers first.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to do it on the website

Software store is a big smelly ass of an experience though
Even the webstore is running like ass

this shit will never be competition to steam with infrastructure that breaks down with a little bit of traffic. it's always just going to be the place I go to redeem free games

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody able to redeem Shenmue 3?
Finally got it now after several tries. I think I clicked one too many times and the title became Unavailable, came back 15mins later and lucked out. Took forever just to get to the checkout screen and even then was getting the message of the store having a high transaction, please try again. Hopefully everyone gets their copy.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Got it earlier, when the site changed to German on me. It's been completely screwed up last time I checked to browse games.

Pixel_Cowboy

Feb 4, 2018
I could not redeem shenmue and then I got blocked for the next 24 hours.

Later edit: I changed my IP and then it worked.

Last edited:

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Even the webstore is running like ass

this shit will never be competition to steam with infrastructure that breaks down with a little bit of traffic. it's always just going to be the place I go to redeem free games
Eh, tbf Steam had this problem a couple of times in the past when sales were going. No servers are safe from overload, not even Amazon.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
> 14 free games

Final Fantasy XIV confirmed to be the final free game.

I am obviously pulling this out of my ass, don't @ me

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Well, after some research I think I'm settling on Death's Door and Chernobylite.

Maybe I'll grab Hitman 3 before the end of the sale in January.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Was getting 500 error on website and some other error in the launcher. Reloading cased the button to just say "loading" without being able to click it. Finally got it to work though.

hitmon

Oct 26, 2017
Managed to do it on the website

Software store is a big smelly ass of an experience though

Finally got it now after several tries. I think I clicked one too many times and the title became Unavailable, came back 15mins later and lucked out. Took forever just to get to the checkout screen and even then was getting the message of the store having a high transaction, please try again. Hopefully everyone gets their copy.

Yeah, just bought a couple games with Shenmue in my cart too. It went through with no issues and the site was somewhat stable; I'm in Nor Cal.

Website is working fine. Didn't try on Epic launcher.

Also, DLC pass is only $5.99 if interested.
Thanks, I was finally able to redeem through the launcher.

jungius

Sep 5, 2021
I'm pretty confident dying light 1 is one of the free games because that game is not available yet on the epic store

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
All right, now one of you geniuses figure out what the thorn clue on dark wrapping paper means!