• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I expect a Switch port to look a bit less detailed, especially in textures. Generally, I don't expect the Switch version to be 1080p either (which these images aren't, but just saying).

ARMs was made ground up for the Switch by people most familiar with the hardware, whereas this would be a down port. It's not really the same. You can already tell such differences between the PS4 version and the PC version, for example.

Really you can just reference SamSho PS4 vs. Switch. Both use the same engine and have less realistic art styles. SamSho Switch has worse quality textures and characters have less detail.
It looks fine though. I think a lot like DQ XI, games that don't have such realistic art styles hold up better

Is Dimps behind SFV? They have UE4 experience on Switch thank to Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet. Plus they own Safari Games who did Samurai Shodown on Switch funny enough.

Dimps had a hand in SFV, yes

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Y'all really goofy, man. An entirely different dev team would be needed to make the Switch port. You cannot just put SFV on the Switch easily.

And that's just one hurdle to jump over.

CE is not even officially out for PS4 and PC yet, but y'all entertaining a phantom Switch port that Capcom just decided to not mention at CapCup (and will not mention tonight at Evo Japan)?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If it's true (which I doubt), then that version can't have any DLC. Everything has to be on the gamecard.
None of the CPT content is included with Champion Edition, so there's already gonna be DLC (DLC where 80% of the revenue goes to the Capcom Pro Tour, but still). Plus there's likely gonna be one more CPT pack (including 1 stage, 2 formal costumes, & iDom's Laura costume).

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019

None of the CPT content is included with Champion Edition, so there's already gonna be DLC (DLC where 80% of the revenue goes to the Capcom Pro Tour, but still). Plus there's likely gonna be one more CPT pack (including 1 stage, 2 formal costumes, & iDom's Laura costume).

No one in their right mind is going to be purchasing DLC that's been made from four years ago.

Now the DLC that's coming after Seth's been released, I can see it.

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
No one in their right mind is going to be purchasing DLC that's been made from four years ago.

Now the DLC that's coming after Gill's been released, I can see it.
Again, the CPT stages & costumes aren't included with Champion Edition. The reason for their existence is to help fund the competitive scene. If a Switch port happens, said DLC is gonna be sold separately (like SFV:CE on PS4 & PC).

Beyond said CPT pack, I don't think we're getting anymore DLC after Seth. Balance patches, sure, but not characters (also non-CPT costumes &/or stages).

Stock

Oct 25, 2017
Luxembourg
If the Switch can handle Mortal Kombat 11 it can surely run SFV. Wild if true, and even wilder if it supports cross play with PC & PS4.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They tweeted about the Motorcross game like an hour later

Surely they saw the mistake they made... why is the tweet still up?

I'm surprised Nintendo thought it would be worth paying for SNK Heroines of all games
Nintendo is/was building relationships with smaller devs and making sure their games appear on switch

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
If the Switch can handle Mortal Kombat 11 it can surely run SFV. Wild if true, and even wilder if its supports cross play with PC & PS4.
The argument isn't that it can't run it, it's that it won't run it at PS4 level settings. It will definitely take a "hit" just like MK did, whether that be in resolution, textures, effects, etc. or all of the above.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've never bothered with sfv since a) the dlc situation was maddening and exorbitantly expensive and b) I don't do enough online on my ps4 to justify ps+. This would solve both these problems, and is really my only chance to ever play the game. Please sell me this capcpom thanks!

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Street Fighter is definitely more flexible (than Mortal Kombat) since its approach on artstyle doesn't seek realism and the over the top cartoony designs on characters helps a lot. I'd expect similar result to SamSho, which is fine

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
You aren't showing any here. SF5 is not a taxing game. There already similar looking games on switch. Judging from your posts you just DON't WANT it to come to switch.

I would buy it day 0. I own a Switch and I'm one of the biggest SFV stans on this forum.

But it would be a janky ass port. The game has technical issues on PS4 already. Porting it to the Switch would require LOTS of compromises.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
You aren't showing any here. SF5 is not a taxing game. There are already similar looking games on switch. Judging from your posts you just DON't WANT it to come to switch.
I don't know why you're so adamant about this. I'm not him, but I think I gave you decent enough reasons earlier why I don't think it will look as good as it does on PS4. Someone else brought up Samurai Shodown which is even better to compare. The game needs to run at 60 fps. Of course the Switch version won't look quite as good. How many other 3D titles go from PS4 to Switch and keep the same frame rate and still look exactly the same?

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
You could say this about the game on PC and PS4 as well though?

Yeah, but if the same game that's been made from four years ago is coming onto another platform such as the Switch? No one's going to want to buy any DLC prior to Seth being released.

I can see if it's something like the CPT pack, but other than that? Nah.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can see it.

Every 3rd party exclusivity deal has to have a end point. Its been what. 4/5 years?

Colloco

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
florida
I don't know why you're so adamant about this. I'm not him, but I think I gave you decent enough reasons earlier why I don't think it will look as good as it does on PS4. Someone else brought up Samurai Shodown which is even better to compare. The game needs to run at 60 fps. Of course the Switch version won't look quite as good. How many other 3D titles go from PS4 to Switch and keep the same frame rate and still look exactly the same?
dragonball fighterz

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every Switch game gets downgraded from the PS4 in some way. MK11 and Samurai Shodown were as is every UE4 game. Yet those screenshots posted to Twitter were 1080p? They could just be from the PS4 version but why would they do that? There's just not a whole lot of credibility to this leak.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Every Switch game gets downgraded from the PS4 in some way. MK11 and Samurai Shodown were as is every UE4 game. Yet those screenshots posted to Twitter were 1080p? They could just be from the PS4 version but why would they do that? There's just not a whole lot of credibility to this leak.
They're not 1080p, but they were media already being used to promote the PS4 version.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
pretty damn close, and DBZ has sold pretty well and enjoyed by switch players without having to look EXACTLY the same or locked at 60
What does it selling well and it being enjoyed have to do with anything? Nobody was saying the game can't exist without a few downgrades or changes here or there. The opposite in fact. Someone was arguing that the game would not have to have lesser resolution or textures etc. and we were simply explaining that that just isn't feasible.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
street-fighter-v-champion-edition-600x670.jpg

11396094-1514456091767974.jpg

You can't dispute this.
I can't, this proves it beyond a resonable doubt.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

My PC can run DBFZ at 4K without breaking a sweat, the GPU fans barely spin up. It can barely handle SFV at 1440p. I actually run it at 1080p to ensure a constant 60fps at all times.

You want an actual example of a fighter that's not technically demanding, that's DBFZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.