• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
And now I think about that recent thread where people were saying that canceling Pax East was an overreaction. That the decision was based on fear and not fact.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they still do the conference streams over that weekend and don't spread them out. I know they will for more attention, but I love just getting a pizza and some beers and just having continuous streams of announcements.

Fuck the ESA and the shopfloor, but I love that.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Technically this doesn't have to affect Microsoft's plans much (aside from the reduced foot traffic, of course). Their conference and "booth" were both at the Microsoft Theatre across the street anyway.

Of course, if they go ahead with their original presentation, that would still mean putting hundreds of media (I would think) together in a room.

If they scrap the whole thing and do something else, I wonder if that potentially means we hear more sooner, or later, than early June.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I like to believe that there is a timeline where Trump not being president allows the US to quickly respond to Covid-19, resulting in large events not needing to be canceled in the US.

Shadow_FFVI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
I just hope that if E3 dies, someone comes in with a replacement event. I love press conferences way too much. Geoff Keighley, I'm looking at you!

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly everybody should coordinate and all have prerecorded streams all on that Sunday and let it rock. Starts at like 11 am and goes until like 7 or 8 pm, everybody back to back.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
FUCK that. A mere video would never replace live audiences reacting in a theater. I'm really going to miss E3, it was like my Christmas.
Even then watching reaction videos of directs on YouTube are way more entertaining to me than an awkward live audience. There haven't been any good theater reactions since 2015 lol

hechicero

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
TEXAS
User Banned (2 Months): Racist Joke; Prior Bans for Inflammatory Commentary
Im on team delay who wants to open a ps5 like this

oTp7kvV-1.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Technically this doesn't have to affect Microsoft's plans much (aside from the reduced foot traffic, of course). Their conference and "booth" were both at the Microsoft Theatre across the street anyway.

Of course, if they go ahead with their original presentation, that would still mean putting hundreds of media (I would think) together in a room.

If they scrap the whole thing and do something else, I wonder if that potentially means we hear more sooner, or later, than early June.
ESA is probably canceling because of the large amount of people that are on the show floor and the risk that pertains. MS would irresponsible to do anything at the Microsoft Theatre.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Even then watching reaction videos of directs on YouTube are way more entertaining to me than an awkward live audience. There haven't been any good theater reactions since 2015 lol
Yeah, I give zero fucks about seeing an audience, it's always about the actual content. Reaction vids live on youtube.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I like to believe that there is a timeline where Trump not being president allows the US to quickly respond to Covid-19, resulting in large events not needing to be canceled in the US.
Eh, even with a half competent president, I don't know if we see anything different so far. The virus really just got going here the last 5 days or so.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Would be surprised if they'd announce this now and not wait a little closer to see how bad it gets, but would be great news if they are actually taking it this serious and won't fuck over loads of people who already paid the plane and hotel fee. Also gives the pubs a lot of time to readjust their announcements, which is all 99% of us care about regarding E3.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017

banning / postponing large public event is exactly one of those measures that helps slow down the spread of the virus.

you can't STOP covid 19, eventually, most people are going to have been infected by it. It's all about keeping the rate of infections at a manageable pace, so hospitals can handle it.
"It" being treating those people who have a more severe case, as opposed to the 80% who barely show any symptoms.

So no, i don't believe a President other than trump could have "saved" E3, i actually think they'd have had it canceled sooner.

Last edited:

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

There's a good chance next gen consoles get delayed so it would be much later they do a reveal.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
E3 was like Christmas time for me, for many, many, MANY years.

Took the week off of work, watched all the shows live even though I live in Europe. It was just a great week, all around.

I feel kinda weird.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
User Banned (Permanent): Hostility towards staff, prior infraction for the same. Numerous accumulated infractions.
These two posts look AMAZING right now 😂

www.resetera.com

PlayStation cancels planned PAX East appearance due to increasing concerns related to Coronavirus [See Staff Post]

Okay so the posts here were very bad by me, I thought that the US was testing a lot of people so the low confirmed count of cases was accurate and I was on edge because my wife's friend had just been racially profiled. But still very bad posts.

www.resetera.com

PlayStation cancels planned PAX East appearance due to increasing concerns related to Coronavirus [See Staff Post]

People are allowed to believe this is an overreaction from Sony, just like people are allowed to believe it's a sensible precaution. Do not attack others just because they disagree with you about this.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
E3 was like Christmas time for me, for many, many, MANY years.

Took the week off of work, watched all the shows live even though I live in Europe. It was just a great week, all around.

I feel kinda weird.

Same here, I always made it an event holiday. Watching the Giant Bomb coverage, live streams and the GB@nite and hang out in the chat was big part of it toom

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Isn't too early to announce cancellation? Still 3 months till E3, coronavirus can be eliminated till then

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't too early to announce cancellation? Still 3 months till E3, coronavirus can be eliminated till then
It's not being eliminated ever. It will eventually just become a normal strain that has immunity against it and vaccines. It's also just getting started in the US and people here can't take off work.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017

It won't be finished by June...

Because theyve already been planning this briefing for months and they might as well use the plans. also unless they revamp inside xbox it will be nowhere near as hype as a briefing

So, you expect them to risk their employees flying to the Microsoft Theater just to have the conference on the stage with no audience? That doesn't even make any sense, they might as well save money and do it in Redmond where they don't have to risk people flying.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, but the reason for a console launch delay would be because of production, hasn't the situation in China improved?

It has, but it's hard to hold launch events if there are virus fears, and there's every chance a recession might happen which only compounds the problem.

I just feel Sony, who've been ahead of all this, are holding back PS5 news/reveal because they genuinely don't know if they'll launch this year.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
There's a good chance next gen consoles get delayed so it would be much later they do a reveal.
Eh. We're a long ways from that. Product delays would require massive disturbance of production infrastructure. Comparing "large gathering of people events" getting cancelled to product launches being moved is two different things. They're far more likely to launch with limited scope than to miss launch all together

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018

www.resetera.com

Okay so the posts here were very bad by me, I thought that the US was testing a lot of people so the low confirmed count of cases was accurate and I was on edge because my wife's friend had just been racially profiled. But still very bad posts.

www.resetera.com

People are allowed to believe this is an overreaction from Sony, just like people are allowed to believe it's a sensible precaution. Do not attack others just because they disagree with you about this.

from a mod no less...LMAO....mod can't be ban, right?

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
Just crazy and very premature. Virus is already slowing down in China. Still have 3 months. Could've made a decision in late April early May.

What even is this.
Just because it's 'slowing down' in China doesn't mean it won't pick up steam elsewhere.

Italy is fucked right now and Australia is starting to get more and more cases by the day.

Better to cancel E3 straight up now rather than wasting everyone's time by waiting and hoping this virus will all blow past (it probs won't).

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

www.resetera.com

www.resetera.com

Thanks for this laugh. Those back to back cracked me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.