• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Our one saving grace is this means we don't have to deal with Bethesda's conference live audience of staff and obvious plants who scream "Woooooo" at everything.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
This is disappointing but precaution is necessary. I think this might be the end of E3 as well, companies will probably just do their own thing from now on.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprising tbh. My guess is that all companies that planned a keynote / press conference will now prepare a Nintendo Direct style format or something similar to it.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was only right that Devolver Digital kill E3
tumblr_pa6d69cBwX1s05hv8o1_500.gifv

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
End of an era man. Really wanted to go to an E3 myself someday but with the way things are going I'm thinking this is the last of E3.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How much are we betting that the ESA's official communication will only cite the coronavirus for the cancellation? I bet they don't even mention anything about everything that lead up to this moment.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
There better be a good replacement. Make it all digital, I don't care, but I need my week of video game announcements.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How much are we betting that the ESA's official communication will only cite the coronavirus for the cancellation? I bet they don't even mention anything about everything that lead up to this moment.

Because the only reason it won't happen is the coronavirus.
People are way ahead of themselves with their conspiracy theories. It's getting cancelled for the same reasons GDC has been postponed.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if companies will realize how little they actually lose from no E3 when they go through it this year and it affects their plans for future shows.

PadPoet

Lead Community Manager at Socialpoint
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Barcelona
Had this discussion with a friend some hours ago. Just a matter of time until the officially announce it's not happening.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Feels really weird. Not having an E3 :(

But it's for the best to help save lives by preventing the spreading of the virus.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People been saying that since it started in January. Nobody knows how it will be even a month from now.
They have three months still.

yes like many have speculated since January when it was blowing up in China. China got it under control and its yet to be seen if it will be as bad elsewhere like it is in China.

What is this take based on? The reality is that US is not prepared for this and it's clear that people have been infected by this at an explosive rate.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
Just crazy and very premature. Virus is already slowing down in China. Still have 3 months. Could've made a decision in late April early May.
It's slowing down because of strict quarantine protocol (and how much do we really want to trust the numbers coming from China?).

Virus naysayers are getting a little out of hand, honestly.

Fomortiis

Jan 2, 2018
Well dang. Figured it'd happen eventually if this means E3 is kill forever, its gonna feel so strange with it gone from my annual... thing...

Pat002

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
When publishers will see how much less money they can spend on advertising the same stuff and reaching a bigger platform, in 2021 we'll see more publishers following Sony.
Because make no mistake, Sony isn't coming back and they're the smart ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.