• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
so moro, how is that arc? i cant stand the dbs manga
Moro is a really neat villain, the setup for things is interesting, and Vegeta already has had an amazing moment

Where he reveals that he refuses to let bad things to happen to the Namekians of New Namek because he feels genuine remorse for what he did to them in the past

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When the hell did I change my tone? This rumor about them not retelling the Broly movie is a rumor that I don't believe, which is why I said not confirmed, next time don't put words in my mouth

Yes, things you choose to believe, you go off with "it's DEFINITELY not happening." but things that you choose not to believe, "it's unconfirmed, you can't be definitive!"

It's exhausting to talk to people like you

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This all sounds too good to be true.

But the current story in the manga is pretty barren right now. It's cool they are going back into the magic/majin buu stuff again. I wonder if they are planning on getting Uub back into the show.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's Time...

For My Boy's Comeback....

5113201-8465819440-Picco.jpg

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, things you choose to believe, you go off with "it's DEFINITELY not happening." but things that you choose not to believe, "it's unconfirmed, you can't be definitive!"

It's exhausting to talk to people like you
There you go putting words in my mouth again, you were using a rumor as fact, I responded "not confirmed", saying not confirm doesn't make me unsure, it just means you're using a rumor that's not confirmed, I'm still and have always been 100% in my beliefs that they're going to use Broly again because it's stupid to think otherwise

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I think a retelling followed by a small filler arc followed by the Galactic Patrol Prsioner arc will be ideal. Meanwhile Toriyama would have time to write his new story arc.

Jexhius

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
It would be pretty weird not to re-tell the Broly story, especially considering their track record of literally re-telling the movies up till now.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I think a retelling followed by a small filler arc followed by the Galactic Patrol Prsioner arc will be ideal. Meanwhile Toriyama would have time to write his new story arc.

He´s already writing it. That's why Toyotaro got to do his AF uber powerful fat Kai bullshit

Wouldn´t be surprised if we go straight to Toriyama's new arc.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
I will never get a simuldub so I won't follow this

I'm not watching Dragon Ball with JP voices, I refuse

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I suppose one benefit of retelling the Broly film is to introduce Broly's new English VA going forward so we can forever move on from Vic Mignogna.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I look forward to staying up to 1am chatting with people in the DBS thread again and making gifs. I've missed it.
mxkuaKs.gif

QgwGqIz.gif

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
As someone who enjoys dragonball but quite casually, what is different about the shintani character designs?

May 30, 2018
Thank God I held off on reading the manga, I knew a mega franchise like DB was gonna return

Now I get to see it animated in glorious shintani art

AOTY 2020 calling it now

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Arched is right and they just mean the manga's visuals. The current arc in the manga is so fucking bad the show shouldn't even come back if they're going to be adapting that shit.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I suppose one benefit of retelling the Broly film is to introduce Broly's new English VA going forward so we can forever move on from Vic Mignogna.
That's why I'm disappointed at the idea the Broly retelling may be skipped. Dragonball is one of those few anime I just can't bring myself to watch in Japanese. Normally I'll spring for whichever is most easily and legally available, but for DB I always wait on a dub. Made one exception for the DBS finale and... Boy was it weird.

So the fact that to get the whole story dub watchers might need to listen to that creep's voice again is... Disappointing. Especially given Broly is apparently an actual character and not just a personality-less screaming guy now?

Dark_EMT

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Man I was hoping for a retelling of the broly saga so we could get more broly action and maybe more story.

Dark_EMT

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Moro is a really neat villain, the setup for things is interesting, and Vegeta already has had an amazing moment

Where he reveals that he refuses to let bad things to happen to the Namekians of New Namek because he feels genuine remorse for what he did to them in the past
I loved that part too.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't aware that new manga was out, but sounds like we won't get to see it in anime form for a while if they end up retelling Broly first.