• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Lifejumper

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Glover will exec produce? Bring over his brother and creative team from Atlanta.

That would be the dream.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Atlanta season 3 and 4 are being shot back to back.

He can do both. This won't come out till 2022/2023

My issue wasn't the 'how' of the scheduling but rather the 'why' would he do this at all?

As the first Star Wars series Mandolorian had a ton of excitement and attention behind it, if this Lando series does happen it'll be the (???) third or fourth live action series at that point?

If Glover's star is on the rise why would he commit to doing such a show especially as it's based on a film that bombed in the first place? In saying that perhaps Disney promised him the same level of control and creative on this potential show as he had in Atlanta and he wants to try something different.

We shall see.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
I feel very much in the minority in that I really liked Solo.

Sure, it's basically Young Hercules or Young Indiana Jones, but that made it super charming for me. And Glover was one of the best parts. I'd absolutely watch a series.

I dunno, I'm always the odd man out with Star Wars because I've liked everything Disney has put out except Rise of Skywalker.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I love Donald Glover but his Lando impression was one of the worst aspects of Solo and I'd rather they recast as someone new.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like Glover, can't say there was anything special about his performance (positively and negatively) in Solo though.

A Star Wars series about the smugglers / shady parts of the universe sounds interesting.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the epic multi-episode Sabacc game when he wins Cloud City and befriends Lobot.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Donald's performance fell flat but I blame the writing/directing tbh. An actor. An only do so much if not given much to work with.

Curious if ppl thought Han did better because he had more screen time to flourish.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017

Before Solo came out I thought it would've been a fun framing device for the movie. Solo isn't a bad film but we didn't really get anything from it being about Han Solo. We already know his story and his arc and it explained a bunch of things that were better left unseen imo. Like the Kessell Run, we shouldn't know if he's just bullshitting or if he's legit. Or the origins of his last name lol. Lando, Qi'ra, Enfys Nest, and Beckett's gang were more interesting but it might be a hard sell to get the movie greenlit versus pitching a Han Solo movie.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Solo should have been a TV series in the first place. Would have sidestepped a lot of the complaining and would have been a big hit, IMO. Of course, Disney + wasn't a thing yet.

yeahwrite

Apr 17, 2020
Given his placement in the advertising, I was surprised with how little he was actually in Solo He's gone for a huge chunk of that movie, and every time he was in a scene I found myself just wishing the movie was about him--he looked like he was having more fun than anyone else there.

I would absolutely be down for a Mandalorian style show that follows the same loosely serialized structure. Each week a different ridiculous space caper.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know how anyone can get excited for stuff like this anymore. I'm so tired of these characters and this entire era, TROS just nuked the whole thing for me.

I don't even think Glover was that good as Lando, he was trying too hard. He doesn't have the same natural swagger as Billy Dee and had to force it. I think Ehrenreich gave a much better performance.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I feel very much in the minority in that I really liked Solo.
Even though the critics thought it was just okay, the general public seemed to really dig it. Yeah, itg bombed in the BO but the people that did see liked it.

It was nice seeing mostly positively online after the months of everyone fighting about TLJ. The film would've done a lot better if it had been pushed back to December and had a longer marketing push than 2 and a half months.

alienups

Oct 31, 2017

Emilia Clarke was also spottted with an assistant director that often works for Disney and worked on Rogue One a while ago. Though that could have been for something different entirely.

Last edited:

SpudBud

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm always up for more Lando. And I enjoyed Solo. It's not the best but it's still a fun movie that was better then I expected after all the production issues the movie had.