• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5876

Big Seller
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My only hope is that there are no Sith involved at all so as to keep the belief that the sith had been extinct for over a thousand years as per Phantom Menace.

Yea that will be interesting to see if they can resist the temptation. I suppose its possible they can have Sith related storylines so long as they wrap it in the veil of 'and the Jedi were clueless about it'.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty interested in them exploring that era and, given how much of a blank slate it is, Filoni would really be able to work some magic with it. Star Wars really needs more long form storytelling anyway and one very easy way to get us invested in that particular period of time is a show with the quality and budget of TCW's final season.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping this would be the case. Seemed like they were putting a lot of effort and hype into something that was just going to be books and comics.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Yea that will be interesting to see if they can resist the temptation. I suppose its possible they can have Sith related storylines so long as they wrap it in the veil of 'and the Jedi were clueless about it'.
That storyline(Sith hunting unsuspected Jedi that have no clue about their existence) has already happened basically in a Darth Maul comic that is set pre PM that is canon btw so they gonna do it again for sure lets be honest

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
This sounds amazing. I hope we get more diversity in the cast this time too. Finn deserved to be a Jedi :(

So if I have this right, there will be both animated and live action shows set during the High Republic time period.

OP
OP
Crossing Eden

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, and they did with the last shows so everything's good 👍
Ezra didn't shine until they timeskipped and aged him up.

This sounds amazing. I hope we get more diversity in the cast this time too. Finn deserved to be a Jedi :(

So if I have this right, there will be both animated and live action shows set during the High Republic time period.
Diversity was one of the big priorities and it really shows in the preview materials they've showed off so far.

Jul 5, 2019
Ezra is overhated. I know he's just space Aladdin but... that's a fun concept lol, and he has some great growth in the last two seasons, I'm looking forward to potentially seeing an adult version of him in future projects.

OP
OP
Crossing Eden

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
If it's a cartoon then of course the protagonist is going to be a kid.
The Legend of Korra or even Ahsoka S7 Age is what people mean. One of the big priorities of the era is avoiding chosen one and instead leaning toward the power of the collective so they should have it like Clone Wars where we get various perspectives.

What's a good starting point for Rebels if you've already seen all the Mando and Clone Wars stuff but want to skip the filler?
The first two seasons aren't terrible but the fact that they're for a younger audience is definitely palpable compared to S3+4.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first two seasons aren't terrible but the fact that they're for a younger audience is definitely palpable compared to S3+4.
752611675521286247.png

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
All in so far I've loved these. Still hoping we get a animated series following Luke, Ben, Leia, Han ect or at least featuring them during the inbetween years. Not to mention a post TROS series.

Feb 3, 2019
honestly the art is fucking sick and is how I wished jedi would have looked like in the prequels instead of them all just dressing up in obiwan's clearly common desert robes

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
This is the only possible way for Star Wars to go forward and actually deliver what the vast majority of people care about: Jedi, Force, Lightsabers.
New timeline, new people, new everything.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I hope this High Republic era is more visually varied and interesting than the boring Jedi aesthetic from the PT and the perpetual shabbiness of the OT and ST. I'd love a SW look that isn't rooted in rust and sand.

Aten

alt account
Banned
Dec 2, 2020
Would Watto have been alive in that era? Would love to see a deep dive on his background.
Violence, crime, passion... mucho bunga bunga.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope we are getting CW S7 level of animation quality.
part of the reason Disney canned TCW was due to the costs of the show. Lucas was paying out of pocket for near-movie quality. I think half the reason they allowed S7 was because they were gonna do a movie cut before covid hit. it's cut as if it was one already