• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 17, 2018
It's kind of a huge bummer to see that people would get so hype at this considering how EA treated this franchise.

They chipped away at the franchise and then killed the developer. No thanks.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is an interesting one because it'd be a completely new team handling the series. If they have the right vision for it, I'm in.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Success of Jedi Fallen Order putting EA back on single player, Mass Effect collection giving them more faith in their IP from a decade ago, and the general success of the fairly similar-to-Dead Space recent Resident Evils seems like it would add up to Dead Space being a no brainer.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I am very ok with this.

Get all of your ex-Dead Space 2 people on it, please.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
If by Revival they mean a remaster or a remake, I guess you don't need the now extinct Visceral Games to head the project.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Great news, just hope the new studio tackling this don't lose what made this series beloved. Make it more DS1.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it's gonna be a reboot or a sequel to 3. A reboot seems likely considering how badly Earth is fucked at the end of 3.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
I love this whole franchise. I'll even defend 3 vehemently: the ice planet part was on the weak side, but I though the first half of the game in the ship graveyard was a lot of fun and very dead space. I even like the Wii game and the iOS one.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
If they push a DS4 and bring the whole collection to current consoles, shit.

Aren't the original people connected to the franchise doing their own game too?

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not against remakes, but I almost never play games I've already completed, not even Demon's Souls PS5 tempted me for that reason.

When the first 2 game out I had a very good PC and I played them on an 27" IPS 1440p monitor (which was luxurious at the time) so I feel I've already had a fairly premium dead space experience.

The games themselves, 7.9-8.0/10, nothing special, but solid.