• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not even close to offence. Just calling out bullshit when I see it because yknow people post that image expecting some grand slam on anyone's choice to boycott anything.
It's almost like boycotts started to make a grand statement over controversies that don't matter in the grand scheme of things don't work because it's easy to say something without actually doing it and that pattern is so easily replicable that it's become a meme. And you know, Call of Duty sells no matter what.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
That inevitable update 2-3 months after release though... guns back in packs without options of earning em.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone who posts this image should be banned for trolling.

When you look at the players in a Steam group page, the players are ordered by those playing a game FIRST, then the ones who aren't. If the group has 30000 members and 100 of them are playing the game, then the first page of the list will be 100% filled up with people playing the game, yet only 100 out of 30000 players in the group are playing the game. This is repeated again and again this shitty image is posted, so at this point I can say with 100% confidence that if you're posting it, you're trolling on purpose. So, please, fuck off.

But people are ordered by whether they're currently playing A game, not THE game. That puts all games on a level playing field first and foremost.
And if from these people, a significant number of the currently most active ones from page one are playing MW2, then that is surely indicative of a good amount of "traitors" in that group percentage-wise.

So yes, you could argue that page one is a small percentage of the overall members in that group, and most will be offline. But that one page already speaks volumes about what many of the others will probably play once they also come back online. It's not that big of a group tbf, but I think that makes it all the more sad lol

I don't really think it's as misleading as some make it out be here?

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't even pre-order because within the first month or two this game is going 50%-off like nearly every holiday season game. No way I am paying $60 for this shit.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
But people are ordered by whether they're currently playing A game, not THE game. That puts all games on a level playing field first and foremost.
And if from these people, a significant number of the currently most active ones from page one are playing MW2, then that is surely indicative of a good amount of "traitors" in that group percentage-wise.

So yes, you could argue that page one is a small percentage of the overall members in that group, and most will be offline. But that one page already speaks volumes about what many of the others will probably play once they also come back online. It's not that big of a group tbf, but I think that makes it all the more sad lol

The image is mainly dumb because CoD is actually a ghost town on PC. So say what you like, PC players did eventually tire of Activision's bullshit and abandoned the series, while it's still incredibly popular on consoles.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Game will be fine. People always have something to say about Call of Duty but then don't really back up those complaints by speaking with their wallet. They stripped out the entire single player campaign in BO4 and that game went onto be one of the top selling games of 2019.

Oct 25, 2017
Came here for some bootlicking, have not been disappointed.
Anyway, even if true, I doubt the impact will be enough to make the deal with Sony unprofitable, and most will forget once the game launches. Fortunately for those that won't put up with this nonsense, there are already more interesting MP options available, in addition to the stacked lineup of other October releases which, again, look more interesting than COD.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
An Activision employee did in the other thread.
No, they claimed he exaggerated. Not that he was wrong. I suspect they do what other people who use pay to win mechanics do and say that they don't really effect gameplay that much if you don't use them.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
lol I wish. We don't live in a perfect world where exclusive shit like this would hurt their bottom line.

Oct 26, 2017
How does anyone know this information? It isn't like when I cancel a pre-order, I get a little box that says why and I put in there my reason.

I don't think it's misleading either, but some people continue to be bothered by it. At the end of the day, it's funny. And if we're going for accuracy, the image is probably as accurate as this rumor.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned - Platform Warring
Whatever the case, they won't be getting my money and I'm content with that.. I'm sure the game will likely be unphased by the amount that opt out and judging by some responses here you can see it has the Sony warriors hot n' bothered, so I guess it had its desired affect since outside of that, it benefits absolutely nobody.

Corine

Nov 8, 2017
First COD game I was actually thinking of buying this year as a PC player. Definitely not now.

Deleted member 4260

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah if they don't clarify their MTX stuff before release then I'll just cancel my preorder. I like CoD but I'm so sick of this shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah.......

I'd take this with a heap of salt.

We've seen time and time again how this stuff makes little to no difference in the grand scheme of things.

Oct 25, 2017
It encourages people to go where the numbers are, which is majority the reason you play a multiplayer game in the first place.

Do I personally encourage the treatment of players as numbers and cattle, no, but I'm not going to sit here and act like I haven't seen the writing on the wall for some time and maneuvered accordingly.
Why do people need additional incentive to go where the numbers are? That makes no sense. People aren't going to buy a PS4 for the first time right now, at the end of this generation, to play COD. Statistically, most people already have PS4s and so do their friends.

It's a deal by Sony to continue to strengthen the brand association between CoD and PlayStation at the expense of the players of other platforms. Framing it as a "reward" to PS4 users is bizarre.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Good Activision is easily the most underrated Worst publisher, Sony should get more Flak too though of course it ends with Activision being there game

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I don't even know how they would obtain the reason for cancellations.
And as the news came at broadly the same time as the multiplayer beta, what if it was from people playing that?
Again , that would be hard for them to to separate and quantify

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Good. COD needs to stop selling out to Sony every year. It's ridiculous. (And Sony needs to stop buying exclusive content for multiplats.)

Full Recovery

Needs a sandwich
Oct 26, 2017
USA
I think the xbox/pc version should cost less than the ps4 version if we're getting less content. Guess I'll buy it on BF for $40.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Good it time people started to call them out on this
Why one year? This is so dumb. 30 days is "fine", 90 days top. It is an actual mode, not just a map. Don't make a mode timed exclusive.
Good. COD needs to stop selling out to Sony every year. It's ridiculous.
Would it better if it was MS 🤔? Activision just want those marketing deals. So they appeal to the market leader... in this case Sony. It is not any different than what they did with MS last gen. 😑
Why do they have to do anything to begin with? Sony gets to run commercials and package it with consoles. That sells millions of consoles.
Sony gets to run the commercials because Activision have a marketing deal with them. 😑

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2018
That's my bet ;) This game will be huge!

Cool, of course it will be, it's CoD and the same audience lap that shit up every year. They still won't be getting my money this year and to me, that's all that matters.

Maybe more people will start to think the same and it will finally come to an end. That or Activision will punish the developers and put them on map duties.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool, of course it will be, it's CoD and the same audience lap that shit up every year. They still won't be getting my money this year and to me, that's all that matters.

Maybe more people will start to think the same and it will finally come to an end. That or Activision will punish the developers and put them on map duties.
That's what you always should do. Vote with your wallet.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll are really bugging out about that steam group image. It's just a funny picture, chill out.

What's funny is that this years back this picture didn't do anything to people here or in the old site. What happened now? And i dont think it's "because the picture is too old!" or "this meme has been used too much!" because a.- the picture just now is getting people angry, and b.- this picture isnt even posted so often, just to show that the "cancel culture" in videogame market is a joke.

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
This guy has had some pretty solid insider information so far on MW, but I'm leery about this one. The 1 year deal on an entire mode is bullshit, essentially removing it from the game for anyone not on Playstation. Anyone who knows anyone about CoD knows a year is the next CoD, and the player base of the old CoD basically dies off. (not that you can't still play them and get matches, it's just most people move on).

I get that might make a lot of people cancel their pre orders but enough so to make IW rethink the deal?

I think the odds of it being changed depend on whose idea it was in the first place. Did Sony ask for an entire mode of exclusivity in the original deal? Or did Sony just ask for something exclusive and IW offered up Survival mode thinking no one would give a fuck?

We don't really know for sure.
Just a correction, IW isn't happy about this either. This is all Activision.

Maffis

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not getting it because of the weapons in lootboxes. I'm so fucking tired of them.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I know more than one person who is choosing not to buy this game because they told me they expect Activision to bog the game down with additional bs as soon as the review period is over

Evan

Oct 27, 2017
If they want to deduct the cost of the Xbox one and PC versions I'd feel better about putting the game.

I don't see why we should be paying the same as the ps4 version when it's less content.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
I... highly doubt it, Lmao. I could see it seeing a decline because of other "things". This reason is bottom tier. Though the "supply drops" returning, yeah sure.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
probably gonna have an updated image this year
wwx5exndw6b11.png
I hate everytime this is posted, this was set up by Cod Stans to troll those actually boycotting.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't really add up. How can you attribute sentiment towards PS exclusivity to drops in pre-order numbers? Reads like extrapolation to me, rather than facts.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Game execs make horrendous customer-unfriendly decision, and then have the nerve to hold an emergency meeting after people aren't happy with them lmao. You'd think they would've weighed that in their risk assessment.