• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a screen shot of the other 16 pages?

Steam always shows people who are in game first in groups, so I would guess another 1-3 pages of people online in various games. I don't know why it shows some offline people mixed in, you see that in all Steam groups. I suspect they may be in game but have Steam Friends features turned off but I don't know for sure.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that people in this very thread are defending platforms exclusive shit, a whole mod too, is gross and just makes it clear that we deserve the shit big corps throw at us. Its unbelievable.

The only mod post i see is Slayven's title change post?

Edit: nvm i see you meant mode.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I still don't see it being enough of a "loss" to make Activision do anything. The deal has already been made Sony, money has already changed hands.

Aug 16, 2019
UK
Lol, crazy speculation.

Correlation is not causality, pre orders drop in this period of the year because people that wished to only try the beta cancelled theirs

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Makes sense, it makes me not want to buy it either.
3 month exclusivity would be who cares, but 1 year, by the time it's over, the next COD will be out, it's pretty much full on exclusive.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
It should. It's so demotivating to play a game that plans to put weapons in slotmachine lootcrates. I wouldn't even bother. I mean regardless of what they say or try and spin, there will be some bullshit with crates that hits this game eventually. Full priced games that monetize like full on f2p titles can get lost. Especially the ones that skirt p2w.

Shawn Carter

Banned
Sep 24, 2019
User Banned (3 Days) - Platform Warring
The fact that people in this very thread are defending platforms exclusive shit, a whole mod too, is gross and just makes it clear that we deserve the shit big corps throw at us. Its unbelievable.
Welcome to the world. Sometimes you lose, especially when you pick a significantly less popular platform for such a massively popular game.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
probably gonna have an updated image this year
wwx5exndw6b11.png
Everyone who posts this image should be banned for trolling.

When you look at the players in a Steam group page, the players are ordered by those playing a game FIRST, then the ones who aren't. If the group has 30000 members and 100 of them are playing the game, then the first page of the list will be 100% filled up with people playing the game, yet only 100 out of 30000 players in the group are playing the game. This is repeated again and again this shitty image is posted, so at this point I can say with 100% confidence that if you're posting it, you're trolling on purpose. So, please, fuck off.

EDIT: The person with the star is the admin which is why they're at the very top regardless of whether they're playing a game. The people in gray are playing but in invisible mode: Steam has (or used to have) a bug in where if you were playing a game in invisible mode, you'd still appear at the top of groups, but in gray, because you're in invisible mode. People complained a lot about this because it rendered the invisible mode useless, people who cared could still see that you were playing if they checked any group you were in and just had to check if you were at the top with the people in green. I'm not sure as to whether this has been solved or not nowadays, but back in MW2's launch this bug was definitely still around.

Last edited:

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Dec 2, 2017
I'm finding it difficult in general to be overly excited about another call of duty game, specially one that's a reboot of modern warfare.

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Welcome to the world. Sometimes you lose, especially when you pick a significantly less popular platform for such a massively popular game.

but maybe there are people that dont want to experience an fps game using a piece of shit input like a controller and prefer to play on a computer. Its not only ps4 vs xbox

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

When you look at the players in a Steam group, page, the players are ordered by those playing the game FIRST, then the ones who aren't. If the group has 30000 members and 100 of them are playing the game, then the first page of the list will be 100% filled up with people playing the game, yet only 100 out of 30000 players in the group are playing the game. This is repeated again and again this shitty image is posted, so at this point I can say with 100% confidence that if you're posting it, you're trolling on purpose. So, please, fuck off.
the first person on that image is offline.

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Do you want them to just not reward their largest player-base?
Yeah. What the hell are people thinking? To release a multi-plattform game without holding off features from certain plattforms? This literally never happens! How crazy can you people be? Do you expect to buy Kingdom Hearts 3 on Xbox One and not be missing some worlds? Of course you're missing some worlds! Do you want Square to just not reward their biggest player-base on PS4? What the fuck are you people thinking? Pfft.
the first person on that image is offline.
Because they're the admin of the group. The creator. You can tell by the very obvious, big and yellow star to the right of them.
I would say "nice try", but that was actually a very shitty try.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work

When you look at the players in a Steam group, page, the players are ordered by those playing the game FIRST, then the ones who aren't. If the group has 30000 members and 100 of them are playing the game, then the first page of the list will be 100% filled up with people playing the game, yet only 100 out of 30000 players in the group are playing the game. This is repeated again and again this shitty image is posted, so at this point I can say with 100% confidence that if you're posting it, you're trolling on purpose. So, please, fuck off.
sure it's a small sample size but it's still ironic.
and it's something that happens every year regardless of what's said about call of duty
it's a little joke jesus christ chill out

May 25, 2019
London
Amazing how not buying the game/signaling your intent not to buy the game by cancelling preorders actually works?

It's the mature and correct way to show your dissatisfaction with a decision the publisher or developer makes. I hope this becomes the preferred way of handling situations like this, rather than review bombing older titles or harassing people on Twitter.

xaosslug

Oct 27, 2017
a lot of people I know are wary of CoD in general and only pre-ordered for the beta code. LOL

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If this is true, good. Bullshit like console exclusive modes and the like are an old hat at this point and have no place in the industry.

Shawn Carter

Banned
Sep 24, 2019
So it was okay that 360 had timed exclusive maps back in the day?
The fact it's been happening since then clearly means it's a staple of the franchise. Does that make it okay? Not necessarily but who he hell is surprised? There's a reason I don't play these games anymore. But if you're still invested, getting upset at Sony and co. for these business dealings, then I don't know what to tell you outside of what I've posted so far.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be more careful with that insider. Feels like while he does have tons of true info, some IW members have already said he isn't entirely accurate about the current drama surrounding the game. Feels like he is just capitalizing on his own success.

Notice the narrative changes from "I know COD will have gun lootboxes" to "OK, now they're going to consider changing it" as if to cover if he's wrong.

That said, fans should 100% be pushing for a change

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
what's with the other three then.
They're playing the game too, but in invisible mode (appearing as disconnected). Steam has (or used to have) a bug in where if you were playing a game in invisible mode, you'd still appear at the top of groups, but in gray, because you're in invisible mode. People complained a lot about this because it rendered the invisible mode useless, people who cared could still see that you were playing if they checked any group you were in and just had to check if you were at the top with the people in green. I'm not sure as to whether this has been solved or not nowadays, but back in MW2's launch this bug was definitely still around.

Again, shitty try. Sorry. Try again?
sure it's a small sample size but it's still ironic.
and it's something that happens every year regardless of what's said about call of duty
it's a little joke jesus christ chill out
Sorry, but no. This was used countless times in EGS threads to argue in complete seriousness that PC players would not boicott the EGS.

Jun 17, 2018
I cancelled when I heard about the survival mode and the MTX on top made me think about how badly they handled BO4. I'm done with this franchise for now.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I really don't see it being that many. Honestly Playstation users probably don't care, and really the majority don't talk on forums or on reddit.

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, I don't believe that for a second. CoD isn't big on PC, and the amount of lost pre-orders on XB1 are negligible for the timed deal.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I really hope people will vote with their wallet for once. Consumers do this way too seldom. It is very much warranted here.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
They have exclusive stuff every year, going way back. I'm sceptical about this rumour.

I mean, someone that actually works there posted not to listen too much to him, and by the way the "leaker" bigged themselves up saying they had a meeting because of him..I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

What COD actually needs to do is what battlefront have, and given the DLC out free for everyone.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good. The platform exclusive content for a year is fucking bullshit (the 1 week delay on stuff was already annoying but 12 months is a whole other can of worms), and their MTX models since Advanced Warfare have been an absolute trainwreck, rewarding the people who want to throw hundreds of dollars into having the chance to unlock what they really want instead of allowing 'em to earn it or buy it outright. Black Ops 4's model was downright hilarious in regards to buying stuff that already sets you back 15-20 bucks, then even having to grind some levels to unlock them or throw more money at it to get it faster even. Fortnite makes shittons of money and it only offers cosmetic buys. Take the hint Activision.