• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned - Thread Derailment
probably gonna have an updated image this year
wwx5exndw6b11.png

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I never minded cosmetic supply drops in the past where playing got you a supply drop and you open them with keys you earned by playing.
Just don't add guns to them...

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Survival will be dead in the water by the time it drops elsewhere. Hopefully they'll think twice about doing ill-conceived deals like these. Or not and people catch on to their antics.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm It's weird that someone would have access to such information. Good if true though.

Shawn Carter

Banned
Sep 24, 2019
Do you want them to just not reward their largest player-base?

EDIT: This isn't a co-sign of the limiting of a game mode.

Well then they're greedy and I stand by my decision to just not play these games again.

But the lack of sympathy I'm showing for everyone still invested stands. Have some resolve.

Last edited:

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
People are speaking with their wallets and good for them. I am not purchasing it due to survival being delayed. It makes no sense for them to do either so I will keep my money.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
I canceled my pre-order because I wanted to play the beta and needed a code. I still plan on picking it up at some point, though.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I want to believe but this is the same guy who made some other leaks claiming that Jason Blundell was fired and was an alcoholic. That was debunked but it was a bad look on the leaker.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Hopefully they do something else for Sony, other than locking a game mode out for, effectively, the life of the game.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The important question for them is where these preorders gained on ps4 or completely lost. I don't play cod is this a full blown mode?

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Good that people are doing what should've been done to devs like Activision. Vote with your wallets and speak your voice for those who can't do it. It's absolutely ridiculous that a mode is going to be on an exclusive platform for a year yet they want people to pay full price of $60 to $100 for a game that's not even full of content. Shame on Sony and shame on Activision for allowing this. (& before anyone says that Microsoft did it so why can't Sony can is sadly mistaken with me, I was against when Microsoft did it and I'm going to be against with what Sony did)

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
How many pre-orders are a ton? Does it outweigh the money that the exclusive provided? That's the only way to actually hurt, or give them a reason to accept deals like this in the future.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Changed the thread title to reflect the rumor nature of this news

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
What if these are people who canceled their preorders on PC/XB to get it on PS4 instead or just wanted to play the Beta? 🤔

Doubt thats the case for the majority

FSavage

Oct 30, 2017
Well all of my COD buddies and I canceled our preorders because the netcode is absolute trash. Pretty sure we're not the only ones too.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
How many pre-orders are a ton? Does it outweigh the money that the exclusive provided? That's the only way to actually hurt, or give them a reason to accept deals like this in the future.

Probably not, but the game has been dragged through the mud a bit lately. The game was viewed positively before the exclusive announcement and MTX. I think the MTX thing is something that Activision doesn't like to announce at launch. The exclusive deal probably will lose the game sales. Probably not many, but it's still bad news along with the MTX news.

If I was Activision, and morally grey, I'd take back the exclusive announcement and remain mum on any MTX. And then in early 2020 I'd leak out the MTX and give Sony some exclusive MTX guns. Still really scummy, but it makes the game look better at launch.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Oh beta access required pre-order. I dislike this practice, but it's one way to sell a preorder.

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
I cancelled my preorder because I only wanted beta access.

I'll get the game when it's half price at black Friday.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was the survival mode previously announced? I hadn't heard of it until last week or so and it seems silly to cancel a pre-order or whatever for something you hadn't realized was there in the first place. And I even think the discourse around it started out based on people thinking the entire spec ops mode was exclusive.

Based on past games I've paid attention to, exclusive content is 99% throw away or not important at all which doesn't leave me with the impression that the survival mode will be particularly deep or good.

The supply stuff is another story. I don't care as long as they don't give gameplay advantages. I believe past COD games like MW:R had guns in them that could be considered better.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
The fact that people in this very thread are defending platforms exclusive shit, a whole mode too, is gross and just makes it clear that we deserve the shit big corps throw at us. Its unbelievable.

Last edited:

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Honestly I don't even think these preorders are lost for long. People are gonna be buying this everywhere and once enough people see their friends playing MW they'll buy it as well. It's just like the MW2 boycott.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I'd hope so because both the supply drops and the exclusive mode are some real dumb shit.

Difficult to verify, though.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
It's bad that a mode in a multiplatform game is exclusive though. If I was a COD fan I'd be pretty upset. If Dragon Age 4 launched with DA Multiplayer exclusive to Xbox or PS4 I'd rage.