• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
There's no real incentive to make anything else except endless DLC for the 2 games they have. I mean fuck GTA V is probably going to get a fucking second remaster before anything new comes out from them.

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense. GTA6 is too big and important to delay for something like Bully.

I wouldn't mind Bully 2 as a smaller project though. Not every Rockstart has to be huge like GTA and RDR.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. GTA6 is too big and important to delay for something like Bully.

I wouldn't mind Bully 2 as a smaller project though. Not every Rockstart has to be huge like GTA and RDR.
No, every Rockstar game does in fact have to be huge.

From a business perspective there is more profit in focusing on those big games rather than putting resources into something like Bully 2.

That is why they are doing it. It is a profit deal.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What a shame. To cancel the sequel to their best and most interesting game for GTA of all things. I like RDR at least but it seems Rockstar will continue to become more and more the biggest studio I care just about fuck all for.

May 19, 2020
No, every Rockstar game does in fact have to be huge. 1

From a business perspective there is more profit in focusing on those big games rather than putting resources into something like Bully 2.

That is why they are doing it. It is a profit deal.
i guarantee Bully 2 would be a moneyloser anyway. it's a nostalgia goggles game to the extreme and no normal consumer remembers bully 1

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
It'll be a real shame if they spend the next 30 years just alternating between GTA and Red Dead. They have other IPs going unused, and I'd love to see what they could do with other genres and smaller projects. Like...Rockstar Table Tennis was a great game...

The fact that Rockstar Table Tennis wasn't a mini game in IV or V is mind bending to me. Like... it already exists. Just put it in. Instead we get boring trash like darts.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Era's continued ignorance towards the existance of GTAO and to a lesser extent RDO is amusing.
GTAO is one of the most actively updated and maintained online games out there. The amount of content it has is astounding. It also isn't magically developing itself.
Era questions GTAO's existence almost as much as the existence of black music.
From Reddit yesterday
sctmjkwjcw761.png
Man, I miss Chinatown Wars. Can we get a sequel on the Switch or something?
The fact that Rockstar Table Tennis wasn't a mini game in IV or V is mind bending to me. Like... it already exists. Just put it in. Instead we get boring trash like darts.
You have regular Tennis to fill that void.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand how a massive company like Rockstar can't also put out Bully to give people to gnaw on. I get that GTAV and GTAO has been monumentally successful for them, but that should mean they have some spare money to throw at a project like Bully 2.

And like what if Bully 2 actually hits it off with people like GTA did? That means more money. If it doesn't, it will still sell well because of the studio and also the nostalgia people have for Bully.

Such a simple yet unique concept wasted at a company with the money and resources to make it without losing anything.

May 19, 2020
I don't understand how a massive company like Rockstar can't also put out Bully to give people to gnaw on. I get that GTAV and GTAO has been monumentally successful for them, but that should mean they have some spare money to throw at a project like Bully 2.

And like what if Bully 2 actually hits it off with people like GTA did? That means more money. If it doesn't, it will still sell well because of the studio and also the nostalgia people have for Bully.

Such a simple yet unique concept wasted at a company with the money and resources to make it without losing anything.
there is no reason to believe this would be the case, you are basically making an emotional argument about what is ostensibly a smart business decision

make ez money with another GTA vs. essentially relaunch an IP that only the internet cares about, hmmmm.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
Well that really sucks. I know a lot of people enjoyed GTAV and RDR2 but honestly they were so bland and unenjoyable to me.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
you have to make tuition payments in the Bully 2 online mode, simple.
You're thinking too small.

You need the schools brand of shoes. That will be 280,000...Bully Bucks?

You can buy 4 of our 75,000 Bully Bucks cards for ÂŁ5.99 each or replay the same 2 missions 80 times to get almost enough. If someone doesn't rob you or grief you first.

Also, The shoes don't include the laces.

OP
OP
fanboy

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
So why did you make a thread just to say its glad it got canned? And you never finished?
Bully is better than any game they ever made, but it was made by the team that got out of rockstar and made sleeping dogs.

I will be gladder if the sleeping dogs team were still alive and bought the bully rights so they could make their own excellent games and let rockstar do their typical things. Fucks rockstar's "gotys"

I made a thread because its news? I just added a personal opinion. I am sorry if you feel upset because of it.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
I totally get why but Bully is my favorite Rockstar game so I'd have loved a sequel. Oh well... So when we getting GTA6?

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
there is no reason to believe this would be the case, you are basically making an emotional argument about what is ostensibly a smart business decision

make ez money with another GTA vs. essentially relaunch an IP that only the internet cares about, hmmmm.

They are already making easy money off of GTA and will make easy money off of the next one as well. They can absolutely afford to fund smaller non-AAAA projects.

My point is that Rockstar has all of the money and will continue to get more money, but take no risks with smaller projects that could end up being their next big thing if they bothered to try.

It isn't even really about Bully for me because I have no nostalgia for the project. I played it only two years ago for the first time.

It's about these massive publishers and studios concentrating on one or two projects for the end of time. How stifling that must be for their creative talent.

May 19, 2020
It's about these massive publishers and studios concentrating on one or two projects for the end of time. How stifling that must be for their creative talent.
we can agree there. i believe it's why you are seeing top level talent fleeing the industry as we saw with the bioware thing a few weeks ago.

while they are making the smart business decision for the shareholders it is unsustainable from a creative perspective and you will likely see more people leave the industry because of all that fuckness going on.

Mar 3, 2018
I wonder if GTAVI will be cross gen? Not complaining. Just curious. If it comes out for example in 2023-2024 will it be on ps4/XboxOne as well or that's too far into the next gen cycle?

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
Honestly, bully 1 came out at the perfect time, before cyberbullying became more well known and a much bigger deal than traditional schoolyard bullying it'd be tough to make a sequel

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
we can agree there. i believe it's why you are seeing top level talent fleeing the industry as we saw with the bioware thing a few weeks ago.

while they are making the smart business decision for the shareholders it is unsustainable from a creative perspective and you will likely see more people leave the industry because of all that fuckness going on.
That was the opposite actually, top talent returned to the studio while a general manager and producer left. Both of you are making a big assumption that creative leads at big studios are stifled even when working on large franchises.

Epitomage

Banned
Sep 25, 2020
User Banned (1 Day): Trivializing rape, Please don't use rape to make a point
How R* raped the foundation that was Red Dead Revolver after gleaning things from years of developing both TPS and open world masterpieces is unfounded to this day. wouldja kindly come in hur Mista Marstone. This little old gal need some help moving a sofer!

(inside the $ofer is Bully 2, Bully 2 and 2017's Bully 2, and all of the creativity that has exited the company since 2012).

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

It's hard to say that I've enjoyed what GTA and Red Dead have become so revisiting some of their other beloved IPs with a smaller scope is really the perfect shot in the arm I think Rockstar could use to get me interested again. Bully and Manhunt are some of my favorite games of their respective generation and they deserved the kind of nurturing and expansion that a modern sequel would provide.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Loved the first one, but I have no clue how Bully 2 could be with nowadays Rockstar, which is go big or go home. OG Bully was quite small for an open world game, it almost had more to do with The Warriors than GTA.

By the way, remake The Warriors.

ZedKay101

May 31, 2020
Bully is a game that seems to be a product of its time. I'm not even sure what a next gen sequel of that game would look like.

As others have said, I think Rockstar is a AAAA machine now that will focus on blockbuster releases. They're probably all hands on deck on GTA6.
I do wonder whether they might have a new IP instead of a RDR2 sequel. They'll probably crunch the numbers and come to a decision

Epitomage

Banned
Sep 25, 2020
One quiet person will be crunching numbers, the rest will be doing actual crunches while they work 100+ hr weeks to perfect the architecture of the middle finger that does jack shit besides entice NPC's to say "fuck you" for an extra Red Lobster gift card.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising. They've become arguably the most boring and predictable studio out there. Less like Rockstar, more like Ed Sheeran.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Bully sold like a 13th of something of what GTA3, 4 and Red Dead 1 sold.

It's a shame but it's absolutely on the lowest priority for Rockstar. They probably make more off a GTAV Online update than they would a Bully 2.

lwkmd

Oct 29, 2017
Ah yes yet another GTA. A game about a bad person doing bad thing while driving around. Certainly haven't had enough of those to justify something different on occasion.
what's that, the company are prioritising a sequel for the most successful entertainment product of all time? yes i can see why they think 'we' haven't had enough of them