• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IsThatHP

Oct 31, 2017
If its anything, which I doubt, its probably stuff that had yet to see the light of day.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I find this an odd insight. Most AAA sony studios have been working on something and we know there is a next gen announcement soon.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Most likely starting with Quantic Dream I reckon. Their first party studio are either not far along to show something (unless Ghost of Tsushima was quietly cancelled) or too far along so it wouldn't impact trade shows.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Probably some unannounced projects.

Info is vague enough to not really get fussed over at the moment.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
AAA games or small games? first party or from a third party? this feels almost pointless without some hint about the scale of things we're talking about here.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Projects get cancelled all the time and it has been clear Sony shifted focus/resources towards PS5 by 2018. None of that is a surprise & is pretty industry standard.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Projects get cancelled all the time.
y5iFswJ.gif

zelig

Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Weird 'information'. Makes it sound like many high-profile games got cancelled and Sony's in trouble, which I doubt is the case.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
Doesn't everyone cancel games all of the time? Its healthy to have some percentage of internal failures and proofs of concept that didn't shake out. If you don't, you probably aren't taking enough risks.

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
lol @ Deep Down, does anybody belive this game was in development after 2013, 2014 max?

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i can't imagine any of the already announced games getting cancelled, but i would have thought they'd want a lot of projects to be in development for ps5...

OP
OP
Nightengale

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Admittedly it's vague, and to an extent - it's kinda a non-news because unannounced games are cancelled all the time, but hey.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every studio cancels games all of the time.

Sony Santa Monica canceled a sci-fi game and then we got the greatest game of all time from them, God of War.

Oct 27, 2017
Well at the very least Toyama got his project cancelled after Gravity Rush 2 for sure, he said that himself, but we don't even know at what stage it was.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really understand. I'm sure there's been some projects that didn't get off the ground, but for the most part, they wouldn't be announcing PS5 projects yet, and all their internal teams are either accounted for on PS4, or obviously on a PS5 project at this point. Japan Studios I could see having a cancelled project or two, but beyond that I don't really know where those cancelled projects could have come from. External teams for sure, I presume.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It's sad but honestly it happens. Sometimes games fail to meet milestones or it's just not working out, etc. Hopefully no one gets laid off because of this and the the studios can make a successful next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.