• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Eh I didn't mind it the theme song rules especially the last episode one. I guess Boba just needs to go on a killing spree for an entire episode that should satisfy everyone's bloodthirst when it comes to the character.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
oh sweet jesus no

assuming season 2 doesn't just become mando season 3.5 4 episodes in, really hoping they have some better ideas this time around. s1 was a fucking bore.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
The characterization was fine, they just didn't have a firm enough direction for it. He should've just ditched Tatooine, started tracking down other bounty hunters and mercenaries to recruit to his guild and found a good space station to make a base on. Conflict is those who reject his ideals and those who against him making a guild that could take away disposable labor

Feb 19, 2018
I need to watch Boba Book 1...but man, I hear that it's Mandolorian 2.5

Not that I am complaining...
If you like Mando, you have to watch book of Boba, or you will end up very confused and very spoilered when Mando Season 3 Episode 1 hits. 1 3/4 episodes of the Book are in fact full Mandalorian episodes with big developments.

@ Thread: While I was a big fan of Book of Boba (particularly the train and final episodes), Rodriguez directing and particularly Luke+Grogu+Ahsoka killing the pacing dragged the season down considerably. So I don't want any more of that And Boba's story has pretty much been told in Season 1.

Somehow Cad Bane returned
Considering there are big hints that Bane is not truly dead in the episode he 'dies' (heart beat monitor beeping noise not flatlining but staying steady being the biggest one), unlike Palpatine it wouldn't be an arsepull to have him show up again. I certainly want him to show up again, Bane is cool and he improves any episode of any series he shows up in big time. He is one of the best Star Wars villains and also perfectly fits into Mandalorian's spaghetti western flair. I'd love it if he were to come after Grogu in Mando Season 3 or 4.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
I am in the minority on this. But I loved Boba Fett more than Mandolorian. Boba Fett felt like a crime saga set in Star Wars universe. I love crime sagas

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if we'll get another entire episode where Boba Fett doesn't appear at all.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well...

Why is that the show with a character nobody cares about looks better than the shows about characters people know?

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
I actually liked it better than Obi Wan (although obi wan had THAT scene)

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
everything i liked about the book of boba fett was because of everything but boba fett lol.

black krrsantan and fennec are cool though so if i get more of them on screen, i'm good.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
1. Say thanks but no thanks to Favreau and Robert Rodriguez
2. Get it off Tatooine
3. Add Bossk
4. Profit

Feb 21, 2022

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
Fuck Boba, give me a show about the cyber gang instead.

mod-swirl.gif

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
It was close but Loki won out with 1.9 mill Obi Wan had 1.8 mill

deadline.com

‘Loki’ Episode 6 Pulls In Record Audience For Disney+ MCU Season Finale, Samba TV Says

Samba TV said the Loki season finale -- Episode 6, "For All Time. Always" -- pulled in 1.9 million U.S. households from July 14-18.

Huh, could've sworn we had a thread about it being the biggest Disney Plus premiere.

Jun 24, 2019
No, not even close to the same league as Mandalorian. This show was downright bad.

If you like Mando, you have to watch book of Boba, or you will end up very confused and very spoilered when Mando Season 3 Episode 1 hits. 1 3/4 episodes of the Book are in fact full Mandalorian episodes with big developments.

Wow, opinions are divisive. Thanks for the input tho.

More Mando+Grogu is good enough for me 😎

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'm hopeful this is true. It could make sense the other shows aren't on it because their dates are less firm. Everything else on there has either come out with one season or is about to. Also, as far as we know, Fett is already further along in production but ties into Mando in a way they don't want to spoil this early. I really liked the first season, I just wish it had a clearer throughline. It was a bit all over the place, if S2 is all about Boba protecting his people or expanding out to be a better leader of Bounty Hunters, I'll be pumped. S1 not really stabilizing on his end goals (and being wonky with how small his forces were versus his foes) made it seem a bit mashed together.

Fuck Boba, give me a show about the cyber gang instead.

mod-swirl.gif

I want this and where are all the toys of them, I want the space Vespas.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Considering there are big hints that Bane is not truly dead in the episode he 'dies' (heart beat monitor beeping noise not flatlining but staying steady being the biggest one), unlike Palpatine it wouldn't be an arsepull to have him show up again. I certainly want him to show up again, Bane is cool and he improves any episode of any series he shows up in big time. He is one of the best Star Wars villains and also perfectly fits into Mandalorian's spaghetti western flair. I'd love it if he were to come after Grogu in Mando Season 3 or 4.
They make a big deal that Boba won because he had the greater spirit, being reborn among the tusken raiders, and then killing Bane with the staff is symbolic, and I'd find it clumsy if he walks away without making sure he's dead. In general, I think SW has an issue with being afraid to kill off fan favourites.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Because Star Wars is best when it acts independently of its past
You just made me imagine a universe where Star Wars is like Final Fantasy and every new official entry is independent of the previous ones. (Which is kind of comparable to what, say, KotOR was to the movies).

It was glorious, if only for a second.

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, Book of Boba Fett was nothing like I was expecting (in the worst possible way), but hopefully they can redeem him if this is true. There's still a ton of potential for him as a character, but the tone of the end credits scene after Mando season 2 for Boba Fett didn't match the vibe of the actual show at all.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I know a lot of people loved to dunk on the first season but I loved it. Some of the Rodriguez stuff needs to go but I can't wait for more.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Temura stays eating in the D+ era regardless lol. His ass will probably be in Ahsoka too (as he should be) watch.
Live action old man rex should be a blast, it's probably why they tested out the beard look in obiwan. Plus Rex is mostly a ranged support blaster user so no awkward looking stunts

Feb 19, 2018
They make a big deal that Boba won because he had the greater spirit, being reborn among the tusken raiders, and then killing Bane with the staff is symbolic, and I'd find it clumsy if he walks away without making sure he's dead. In general, I think SW has an issue with being afraid to kill off fan favourites.
I mean, Boba shooting Bane in the head (during the Clone Wars) still served as the moment where Boba moved from being a little kid to a man willing to take his own fate into his hands and that he had moved past his past and his need to have to avenge his father - even though Bane survived.

Boba's character growth isn't dependent on killing Bane, he already showed his newfound strength and the superiority of his beliefs over those of Bane (seek allies and something to believe in vs only looking out for yourself)- even if Bane managed to drag himself away heavily wounded.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
I love Temuera. They just need to get his ass off of Tattooine this time. Have him traveling around setting up a crime syndicate or something. Then Bane can be chasing him or something. Just give him something larger in scale to do. No more flashbacks. Also, cut the Rodriguez crap like the weird chase scenes and odd battle scenes during the finale. Gotta figure those out more this time.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Boba is still a popular character even though the first season of the show was....middling at best. Some of it was downright terrible, but there is a good framework there, they just need to commit to it and not make it corny.