• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

neilyadig

Nov 13, 2017
I prefer BF2, but I'm down for this.

BF3 is still simpler, cleaner, better mechanics than BF4. Better netcode. More satisfying to play. Better maps.

I didn't care about all the graphical improvements in BF4. I'm down to go back to 3.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
BF3 definitely had great maps. I love the Armored Kill maps. I just feel like BFV made too many important changes to the gameplay and gunplay

The dorito spotting, the RNG bullets, and the health regen just feel like steps back to me.

MnM

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Battlefield 3 with next-gen graphics and better destruction?

200.gif

I only need Operation Metro.

Oct 25, 2017
I still remember the initial trailer for BF3 blowing everyone's mind when it came out...also it forced me to upgrade my PC cause it ran like crap. That said, BFBC2 is still my favorite BF game.

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017

YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Additionally, Levelcap Westie Jackfrags et al. have known about this since BFV launch. They are Battlefield's PR team and have been gauging interest in the title during its pre-production. Levelcap Westie and Jack are some of the most disingenuous battlefield Youtubers out there, milking fans with false rumour videos to generate clicks when they know full and well what the next title is far in advance."

I feel like this is a pretty disengenious statement

Even if they do know what game is coming next and have played internal builds, they are bound by NDAs and wouldn't jeopardize their YouTube careers by blurting out that they know?

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
That sounds boring as fuck actually.
The campaign was nothing to write home about and they could just remake some of the maps for a new game.
All people played was Metro with too many players anyway, or Caspian Border which for the most part is just big fields that you would never go on cause that would mean death without a vehicle.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I put like 600 hours into Battlefield 3 on last gen, and I'd probably do it all over again if they put it on current gen.

Just give me 60 fps, and 64 player conquest and I'd be all fuckin in.

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
If we're already remastering old Battlefield games, let's just do BF 2 and 2142. Nothing the series has done since has had the same pull for me.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Was my favorite of the 2010 era battlefields by far, glad a lot of people who were stuck with 24 players when it launched will get to see what it was like at 64.

It'd be nice if they updated the movement and general gameplay a little bit too, it'd be a shame if it was just a simple port.

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Battlefield 3 is only "the GOAT" if you didnt happen to play Battlefield 2 + dlc on PC

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Just give us full control of your servers and I will setup a Hardcore 24/7 Operation Metro with max tickets.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Why not 4? It's the better game. That MP at 4K, 60fps and all the DLC would be amazing. They can keep the campaigns, because they are meh.
BF4's gameplay and equipment with BF3's maps would be the best of both worlds. BF3 was also the last time the franchise had a good Rush mode.

Maybe it's some kind of 3/4 remix. That would make more sense than a straight remaster of 3.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Genuinely surprised if they launch a remaster alongside a new modern day title, I thought if anything it would be an interim title to tide people over.

He has a point about content creators like Jackfrags though; they're intimately tied to the development of the games, and they're obviously under NDA but I always find it strange when he talks about "the next Battlefield should...." etc. On some level they're essentially mouthpieces and use their content as soundboards on behalf of DICE.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm really disappointed that they are not doing 4. Also, it's inexcusably stupid to release it with a new modern BF. Splitting the playerbase is always a wrong move.

Also, this means we are not going to get it until a new modern BF comes out. So after BFV is left to rot we have to wait for no real reason, for a remaster that's is not necessary.

I wish they just updated BF4. A 4K patch is enough. I'm going to play the next BF when it comes out anyway, but I'm willing to rebuy BF4 for $60 today if it is not 900p.

mrchowderclam

Oct 26, 2017
I prefer BF2, but I'm down for this.

BF3 is still simpler, cleaner, better mechanics than BF4. Better netcode. More satisfying to play. Better maps.

I didn't care about all the graphical improvements in BF4. I'm down to go back to 3.

Same. I still play BF3 a few times a year. Last time I played was late last year and there were a few servers on PC with decent population.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I rather have a Battlefield 2 Remaster.

BF3 honestly still looks quite good, and 2 isn't in any of the consoles so it would be a new experience for some.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
Not that it means much, but EA just updated the Battlefield social media accounts to show just Battlefield, without a focus on BFV.

Seems like a tease of some kind is imminent.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
If it has multiplayer I'm in! :D
What do you think? :P

Yeah... nobody on planet Earth is paying money for a Battlefield campaign only.

Yes please... BF3 Rush mode was F'N good!

Rush in 3 is okay. I think the original Bad Company has the best Rush mode simply because the entire multiplayer was built around it.

Fun fact: BC1 didn't even have conquest mode originally. It was added later on.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Necessary console remaster as the 360/PS3 versions were gimped af (rightfully so.)

Exactly. Totally agree.

Not that it means much, but EA just updated the Battlefield social media accounts to show just Battlefield, without a focus on BFV.

Seems like a tease of some kind is imminent.

Sounds like this is most likely happening, but don't wanna get my hopes TOO high, until its confirmed.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
This is gonna be such a fuckin treat as a console player. I love conquest, but I feel like half the BF3 maps on conquest just didn't work well with 24 players.

I remember the armored kill expansion being a shitshow on console.

Ion Stream

Oct 31, 2017
Not sure if already discussed but BF just recently changed their profile pic on FB. I guess a little tease for later perhaps?

Oct 25, 2017
If they want people to play the new battlefield game they either need to release it seperately from BF3 remaster or it must be the most amazing game ever to keep us old diehards from being all over BF3 remaster.

BF3 on console was barely playable yet insanely fun. The full version on PS5/XSX will be my killer app for sure.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE REMASTER BF3!

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
BF4 is the superior game *today* but only from a technical Point of view. The launch was a buggy mess and it was baaaad. They fixed it over time and today it's the best BF. However, it lacks... soul. It's just not fun to play. The best way I can describe it is playing BF3 is being with your loving girlfriend, but BF4 is being with a professional, it's all straight to business and there's no spark there.

Nah, not anymore. But 4 does.
Right, Battlefield 4 was a buggy mess at launch, but even with that I still had more fun playing it in comparison to 3.

No idea what you mean by BF4 "lacking" soul, that argument doesn't mean anything. They traded in all that fun distributable open map mayham from BFBC2 for something far less fun. BF4 still wasn't on the same level, but at least they compensated with levolution. Again these games are VERY similar, but BF4 is simply a tighter, better looking, and a much better designed shooter.

PeacefulDream

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I woulda preferred a BF4 remaster with all the BF3 maps and weapons but BF3 was neat.

It'd also be awkward to announce a BF3 remaster when they have BF4 art as their cover photo on Facebook.

Last edited: