• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Additionally, Levelcap Westie Jackfrags et al. have known about this since BFV launch. They are Battlefield's PR team and have been gauging interest in the title during its pre-production. Levelcap Westie and Jack are some of the most disingenuous battlefield Youtubers out there, milking fans with false rumour videos to generate clicks when they know full and well what the next title is far in advance."
I for one am shocked

I mean, I generally thought Jack was pretty decent but Levelcap has been a hard shill since the get go

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Who needs this? Battlefield 4 after all the updates was better in almost all ways, and the graphics still hold up well enough today. Singleplayer wasn't good besides a few moments/missions and multiplayer balance was maybe the worst in Battlefield history (M16 anyone?).

BF3 has far better maps though, which to me is more important.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As long as it's got Gulf of Oman, everything is fine. And I'd like it if they can bring some things from BF4, like the Carrier Assault (Titan) mode. That was the business.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. Yes.
Give me the BF3 remaster for 6-12 months then follow it up with BFBC3

Seriously, I put a disgusting amount of time into 3. While I enjoyed 4 and V (and to a lesser degree 1) none of the follow-ups have been as fun as 3 was

tsmike

Oct 27, 2017
All I remember is the stupid blue filter on everything, lack of destruction compared to BC2 and the poorly designed chokepoint-y maps. Suprised to see it remembered fondly since it was, like, the least Battlefield-like game in the main series. It even had that awful close quarters DLC.

Give me a BF2 remake any day.

Edit: Oh yeah and that garbage recoil system with insane first shot recoil.

Jan 11, 2018
Dunedin, New Zealand
I hoped BF3 would be a return to form after the two console focused BC titles and was disappointed af. I also feel like BF4 basically obsoleted BF3, actually enjoyed that one a lot which I wasnt expecting after 3 let me down.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
While I like playing remasters from time to time if I never got to play the original, I wouldn't be interested in a remaster of BF3 because of the amount of hours I put into the original. Yet, I'd be down for a Bad Company 2 remaster.
Hopefully, the other BF title teased here is something fresh and fun.

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
Damn, can't believe BF3 came out 9 years ago.

Also very interesting hearing that EA/Dice may be using astroturf tactics with YouTubers (though not shocked at all). Remains to be seen if there is any truth to those claims.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if the Battlefield YouTubers are still just EA PR. Though I thought they would've seperated a bit after BF4. I haven't looked at any of them the same since then and only watch a video once in a while from them because of it.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
People often say they want BC3, but I think they might not want the same thing as me.
When I say I want BC3, I don't want BC2 multiplayer, I want BC1 single player.
Give me personality, goofiness and freeform design or don't give me single player at all.

BC2 MP definitely excelled at what it was going for, and the destruction it introduced was revolutionary to the series.
But it was half the player count, more confined maps, focused more on infantry and almost exclusively on trying to push through a frontline/Rush.
BC = Bad Conquest. Conquest is inherently a more dynamic mode, and what Battlefield should be prioritizing.
So no thanks you. That was a direction driven by consoles being poopy. Does not need to be and should not be the direction for Battlefield again.

That type of gameplay can be included within the larger scope of Battlefield. Many maps incorporate basically different areas that focus more or less on particular playstyles. I have always thought that the best Battlefield maps are those that manage to incorporate and balance as many different playstyles as possible. I prefer larger maps with more vehicles, because it's generally more options, including for pacing. Some people are like "get me into the action ASAP always!", and that's only sometimes me. Sometimes I just wanna drive around in my jeep or whatever.

Some maps, like Grand Bazaar in BF3, have just a section in them that's the mindless meatgrinder experience some people inexplicably find enticing in horrible abomination maps like Metro. If you're a good person and don't like that indefensible, stupid, stagnant spammy bullshit for bad crud people, you can opt to just not go there. It makes Grand Bazaar an immeasurably better map.

Last edited:

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
Fuck yeah!!! Im super down for this!!! 60 players for consoles and i get my favorite weapon back! The m5k!!!

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
That's some pretty assholish stuff to say about Jackfrags. That's a decent guy afaik, with a genuine love for past Battlefield games.
I thought it was confirmed back with Battlefield 4 that they were paid by EA? I thought it changed after that with them using the label EA game changers to cover being ads. It's why I unsubscribed to all of them. But I haven't kept up with the situation since then. I was thinking they wouldn't do it again since it didn't look good back then. But I wouldn't really be surprised if they are back taking money from EA.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Hey guys! BF3 Remaster is the best thing since BF4's fix. BF3 Remaster will be launching behind another BF project in a similar manner to Call of Duty's Modern Warfare Remaster. The title proceeding BF3 remaster will have its own video dedicated to it :) Additionally, Levelcap Westie Jackfrags et al. have known about this since BFV launch. They are Battlefield's PR team and have been gauging interest in the title during its pre-production. Levelcap Westie and Jack are some of the most disingenuous battlefield Youtubers out there, milking fans with false rumour videos to generate clicks when they know full and well what the next title is far in advance."
Is there a better source than this salty-ass youtuber with less than 5k subs?

Taurus

Banned
Jun 15, 2018
www.youtube.com

☼ Battlefield Theme Songs TROLOLO True Story!

● Subscribe here: http://goo.gl/anSXeD● Previous Episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI9-wVyrdkU● Next Episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY3SBO...

Has this been posted yet? BF Hardline was pure crap, BF1 was horrible, BFV was terrible. I'm noticing a pattern here.

I wish next BF game was good. I have maybe 5000 multiplayer hours played on BF games before Hardline. After that... maybe 20 hours combined. :(

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
He also revealed that the Battlefield youtubers have known about the remaster ever since Battlefield V was revealed. The youtubers posted a bunch of abnormal BF3 content which was DICE gauging interest in BF3.

Would definitely explain a lot of the "oh my god, the game was so awesome/nostalgia" videos about BF3, Jackfrags pushed out over the last months.

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like it would be smarter to launch BF3 with next gen and then release BF6 next year. If they're both going to be modern releases, why release them together?

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017

Nariwari

Banned
Mar 12, 2020
Would definitely explain a lot of the "oh my god, the game was so awesome/nostalgia" videos about BF3, Jackfrags pushed out over the last months.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be there day one if a BF3 remaster launches. But it's not that remarkable that a BF-YouTuber makes content around one of the most popular and best games of the franchise when the last one left a bad taste in player's mouths and won't be updated anymore. They have to fill their channel and keep being relevant and I think JF is one of the few that manages to do both in an entertaining way.

Oct 27, 2017
But if BF6 is going to be modern day, what's the point? Unless BF6 plays radically different, I don't see how they won't just cannibalize each other's communities even if they release a bit apart.

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
BF3 is good but I'm more interested in a Bad Company 1+2 remaster (specially since BC1 was never released on PC)

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
BF3 Remaster would be a good consolation prize for them not doing BFBC2.

If they are doing a 2142 sequel I hope they bring back the longer range distance deployment of the pod shooting vehicles that they nerfed in the beta... it was much more fun before they made that change of having to be under the Titan to launch.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a strange rumor. Why would they launch this alongside the new game? It would split the user base. It only makes sense if it comes out way before the new game to tide people over.

And aside from that it's just a bit random. BF3 was great but so was BF4 and BC2, all the games from that era are well liked and I feel like BF3 doesn't have any more of a dedicated following than the other two.

This game came out at the height of my BF fandom days, and as near as it would be to see something like this I just find myself a bit skeptical.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Man, this would make me very happy. I'm ready for BF to return to its glory. I feel like the last two haven't really nailed it.

zeox

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I thought it was confirmed back with Battlefield 4 that they were paid by EA? I thought it changed after that with them using the label EA game changers to cover being ads. It's why I unsubscribed to all of them. But I haven't kept up with the situation since then. I was thinking they wouldn't do it again since it didn't look good back then. But I wouldn't really be surprised if they are back taking money from EA.
Jack made a video about this whole thing in 2014

its 34 minutes, but worth the watch

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when this game was first announced and the reveal trailer was 10 minutes of heavily scripted singleplayer gameplay.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Im still playing that to this day on PC and it still looks incredible for a 2011 game. Get rid of the brower integration, nerf the supression and we have a perfect game.
Campaign was awesome, coop was a ton of fun and the gameplay is unmatched.
This was the last game with a good rush maps.

BFV is one of the worst Battlefield out there.