• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gabe

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Italy
"Gabe has provided me with a scoop that the new Batman Arkham game, Batman: Arkham Legacy, will be unveiled at The Video Game Awards in a few weeks." Said on Coby/Slcmof's video.

I guess you managed to confirm it. Nice.

Nope, i did NOT.
In fact i already told him in a DM that i'm not ok with that clickbait line.
I like the kid and i understand that youtube is the world of hype and you gotta sell your videos, but yeah...manage your expectations guys.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nope, i did NOT.
In fact i already told him in a DM that i'm not ok with that clickbait line.
I like the kid and i understand that youtube is the world of hype and you gotta sell your videos, but yeah...manage your expectations guys.

I'm glad someone called him out on his clickbaiting BS. He's been doing it for a while now. Lower expectations (as I've kept telling people) got it :)

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god please don't trust Slcmof on anything lmfao. He's been making shit up for YEARS plus he works for the fucking Ben Shapiro website lol. He's not trustworthy in the slightest.

TheNextWorld

Alt Account
Banned
May 18, 2019
Wait, so he's lying then?
No, it just simply means Gabe is more careful and responsible with how he tells people information. He wants people to know the information, but wants people to keep their expectations in check. Whilst Slcmof wants to go crazy with hype and fandom and not care the consequences if plans change or the information ends up being wrong. Also a bit of old fashioned publicity and ego boosting doesn't hurt.

Gabe

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Wait, so he's lying then?

It means that i certainly heard the same things he heard, from different people than him.
However, as i mentioned earlier i have a strict personal policy, and since these infos are all second and sometimes third hand - meaning i didn't get them from inside the actual studio - i am in no way gonna confirm those unless something changes (which at this point i doubt).

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
It means that i certainly heard the same things he heard, from different people than him.
However, as i mentioned earlier i have a strict personal policy, and since these infos are all second and sometimes third hand - meaning i didn't get them from inside the actual studio - i am in no way gonna confirm those unless something changes (which at this point i doubt).

I thought he got the info from you? Ok I'm confused. So the info you gave to him that he will be sharing, came from people not inside WB but people you really trust and we shouldn't take it as fully real as it could be wrong or change? Is that right?

TheNextWorld

Alt Account
Banned
May 18, 2019
I thought he got the info from you? Ok I'm confused. So the info you gave to him that he will be sharing, came from people not inside WB but people you really trust and we shouldn't take it as fully real as it could be wrong or change? Is that right?
My god dude. He has said this multiple times. Slcmof already had information from other less trusted sources, but Gabe helped him by saying if the information he has is correct or not thus making it trusted information. It's not rocket science.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
My god dude. He has said this multiple times. Slcmof already had information from other less trusted sources, but Gabe helped him by saying if the information he has is correct or not thus making it trusted information. It's not rocket science.

Well for me it is rocket science. Gabe and Slcmof are both saying different things so it's a bit confusing.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
So Gabe and Slc basically revealed that the game will be revealed at the Game Awards unless something changes and it's been making waves in Gabe's circle that the game will have an online component. Hopefully it's like Arkham Origins or just Co-Op.

They also revealed stuff about the Damian game. It had a bigger map, more interiors, an abandoned Gotham City but not like Arkham Knight and not as full as GTA, a different combat style, no batwing, a variant of the Nemesis system, characters like Harvey Bullock, Nocturnal and Flamingo and a customizable Batcave.

Gabe

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Italy
So Gabe and Slc basically revealed that the game will be revealed at the Game Awards unless something changes and it's been making waves in Gabe's circle that the game will have an online component.

I can't stress this enough, and i said as much in the stream: i never got any confirmation that i'd be comfortable with on any of this.
It's all second and third hand.
If i had something that i was 100% sure of, i would have had no problem leaking it myself.

Gabe

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Italy
They also revealed stuff about the Damian game. It had a bigger map, more interiors, an abandoned Gotham City but not like Arkham Knight and not as full as GTA, a different combat style, no batwing, a variant of the Nemesis system, characters like Harvey Bullock, Nocturnal and Flamingo and a customizable Batcave.

All of this: you can take to the bank. This is 200%.

Sorry for the double post, i have no idea how to insert a quote while editing the first one.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
So basically, there's a 50/50 chance that the worse kept gaming secret of 2019 will be officially revealed at the game awards??

Seriously WB Montreal should have just confirmed the game and said there will be a trailer before the end of the year lol

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
So basically, there's a 50/50 chance that the worse kept gaming secret of 2019 will be officially revealed at the game awards??

Seriously WB Montreal should have just confirmed the game and said there will be a trailer before the end of the year lol

WB Montreal would get in a lot of trouble if they did that. WB controls the marketing and reveal plans.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
So, is the game going to be a March-April release or is It going to release next fall?

I think launching in Fall without being cross gen is for suckers. I also think it's worth noting Spring cleared up a bit because Ubisoft moved all their games out of that window. Still, they have to dodge FF7, Avengers, and Cyberpunk. So maybe a June release would be good.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
It's not coming to VGA's. Sit tight until 2020.

Yes because WB would tease a game with a official tagline mid 2019 only to wait an entire year to reveal said game. That just makes a whole ton of sense.

From what I've heard all over twitter, we got silch. Nada. Bugger all. Just some new villains from the cancelled Damian Wayne game.

They also revealed that it'll possibly have a online component.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hoping they DON'T listen to feedback too much and remove/reduce Batmobile sections for Legacy. I loved that gameplay more than hand to hand which we have been doing in 3 games with 2 Mordors and Mad Max.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
ezl2eo98jz341.png
Well.

All hope is lost.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
If it doesn't happen at the game awards than it won't happen until next year. We could all save ourselves the trouble by waiting on events were the game would likely get revealed and that would be...the game awards. So this whole drama could have been avoided by just waiting for it to either show up or not.

The drama is apart of the fun though. It's a roller coaster of emotions.

But that response from that WB Montreal employee might not be in response to the reveal. Yesterday a leaker came out on twitter and gave a bunch of leaks for the game and the leaker got some recognition She might've been responding to those indirectly.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
The drama is apart of the fun though. It's a roller coaster of emotions.

But that response from that WB Montreal employee might not be in response to the reveal. Yesterday a leaker came out on twitter and gave a bunch of leaks for the games that kinda got popular. She might've been responding to those indirectly.

Oh I get it, it's fun...to an extent. It's just that sometimes things can go on a bit to long and when it comes to Montreal's batman game it definitely has gone on for far far far to long for everyone's good. What I was saying in my previous post was in general not just the tweet.

Oh and I actually forgot that technically the game has been announced already.