• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No that's not what I meant. I meant that he leaked descriptions of the images back in 2016. Which were proven real a few months ago when the leaked concept art came out.

Ohh okk. I think I have an idea who the source may be. There was a blog called bytesizeimpressions a few years ago that leaked the details (first) of the Damian Wayne game at the time. I'm guessing it's the same source and the youtuber reached out to them and got a scoop and showed him the images etc, or vise-versa.

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
God, why can't "leakers" just say shit without being: "maybe" "likely" "probably"

Just say it's gonna show up or not, or say nothing at all if you don't know for certain.

This safe betting bullshit is so lame.

If it bugs you that much, stop following and wait for the reveal whenever it happens? I mean, there's no point in someone saying for 100 percent they think it's going to be there when the reveal date can be moved whenever.

I doubt they'd admit to it (because it's in companies' best interests that every insider/leaker is discredited), but I'd be willing to bet we should've seen this game two months ago.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
If it bugs you that much, stop following and wait for the reveal whenever it happens?

Fair enough, I'm taking your advice.

I can wait on the reveal, but leakers that safe bet are so annoying. They can never be wrong that way.
At least when a leaker says something for certain it either means they're confident in their info or they get exposed fast and everyone stops listening to them.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Fair enough, I'm taking your advice.

I can wait on the reveal, but leakers that safe bet are so annoying. They can never be wrong that way.
At least when a leaker says something for certain it either means they're confident in their info or they get exposed fast and everyone stops listening to them.

Lol, that's what I figured you wanted. No one's going to be "confident" because things can and do change. You had the creator of the Court of Owls teasing about this game, then suddenly he deleted the tweet. That tells me this was supposed to be revealed already. What's someone supposed to do then when they were sure?

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
Lol, that's what I figured you wanted. No one's going to be "confident" because things can and do change. You had the creator of the Court of Owls teasing about this game, then suddenly he deleted the tweet. That tells me this was supposed to be revealed already. What's someone supposed to do then when they were sure?

My original "rant" was about the Daniel Richtman tweet, that talked about the game showing up at TGA.
Sometimes plans change, of course they do. But that's a risk you take when you leak shit.

So I stand by what I said, say it with confidence or don't talk about it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just a little over two weeks until we found out if it's at the Game Awards or not. I'm still doubting it tbh.

Gabe

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Italy
To be clear: i was the source of the very first Damian Wayne thing, as well as showing the concept art and engine images to slcmof.

Regarding the new stuff: recently he asked me to confirm a particular info he heard from other people, i said i had heard the same thing but wasn't able to confirm it due to it not being one of my usual industry friends.

I'll try to pop into his livestream Wednesday if i'm not sleeping (different timezones).

EDIT: as for the why the Bytesizeimpression blog was the first to break the news (and almost nobody gave credit despite the blog not even being monetized), the owner is a friend of mine and was the first first i gave the infos to.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
To be clear: i was the source of the very first Damian Wayne thing, as well as showing the concept art and engine images to slcmof.

Regarding the new stuff: recently he asked me to confirm a particular info he heard from other people, i said i had heard the same thing but wasn't able to confirm it due to it not being one of my usual industry friends.

I'll try to pop into his livestream Wednesday if i'm not sleeping (different timezones).

EDIT: as for the why the Bytesizeimpression blog was the first to break the news (and almost nobody gave credit despite the blog not even being monetized), the owner is a friend of mine and was the first first i gave the infos to.

Do you know when they plan on revealing the game?

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Thank you for taking the time out for answering. Well that makes a ton of sense then. Your friend is Gabriel Galliani, right? Who ran the bytesize blog? Or have I got that completely wrong? If I have, I do apologize.

TheNextWorld

Alt Account
Banned
May 18, 2019

Thanks for the heads up man. Hopefully we'll all be happy on Wednesday and even happier in a couple weeks time.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
it's what i'm trying to confirm (basically waiting for some emails)

I won't be disappointed if it doesn't show up next month at the game awards. I'm not expecting it too, but there's quite alot of people in the Arkham community who are entirely convinced it will show up. I've tried to tell them to lower their expectations but yeah. It would be nice to get a reveal next month but I don't see it happening. Whatever this news is (if it is to do with the reveal) it's going to make or break the community lol, I can feel it. So I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

TheNextWorld

Alt Account
Banned
May 18, 2019
I won't be disappointed if it doesn't show up next month at the game awards. I'm not expecting it too, but there's quite alot of people in the Arkham community who are entirely convinced it will show up. I've tried to tell them to lower their expectations but yeah. It would be nice to get a reveal next month but I don't see it happening. Whatever this news is (if it is to do with the reveal) it's going to make or break the community lol, I can feel it. So I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst.
So about your scoop with Slcmof. Is it a big one? A happy scoop?

Dudes just wait until tomorrow. He isn't going to spoil anything before then.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Dudes just wait until tomorrow. He isn't going to spoil anything before then.

I shall, but I won't be watching the video. The youtuber tends to rattle on for a thousand years before he gets to anything good, so will watch the recap or get someone to go through what he said etc. He's watching this comment right now (hello coby/slcmof) ;) :P

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019

Gabe

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Let's put it this way: there are a couple of things that have been making the rounds in my "circles" so to speak (and i did not contact slcmof about them, he actually reached out and asked me because he heard them from his own sources), people that have no reason to lie.

HOWEVER, i have zero confirmation from inside the actual studios (tight lipped like hell since the Damian Wayne thing due to pretty serious internal investigations), that's why i wouldn't call it a "scoop".
Not yet, at least.
I have pretty strict personal rules about confirming rumors so...for now rumors is the right word.

The Damian Wayne thing was different, i actually (ALLEGEDLY, Warner Brothers, ALLEGEDLY!!!) had the engine of the game ^_^

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Let's put it this way: there are a couple of things that have been making the rounds in my "circles" so to speak (and i did not contact slcmof about them, he actually reached out and asked me because he heard them from his own sources), people that have no reason to lie.

HOWEVER, i have zero confirmation from inside the actual studios (tight lipped like hell since the Damian Wayne thing due to pretty serious internal investigations), that's why i wouldn't call it a "scoop".
Not yet, at least.
I have pretty strict personal rules about confirming rumors so...for now rumors is the right word.

The Damian Wayne thing was different, i actually (ALLEGEDLY, Warner Brothers, ALLEGEDLY!!!) had the engine of the game ^_^

After 2 full leaks of their 2 games, I see why it's tight lipped at WB Montreal now.

Can you tell us what the engine was like?

TheNextWorld

Alt Account
Banned
May 18, 2019

Not yet, at least.

Jeez, they really needed to seal up those leaks. I actually heard the studio actually has 3 different projects ongoing at the studio and that their engine is super impressive. And also that not all of their projects will be DC related, but also original IP.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

And he denied appearing in the next Batman game in a tweet to a person. The tweet seems to be lost to time, I cba going through it all just to prove it so hopefully you'll take my word for it lol.

Not yet, at least.

Hmmm. Well let's just hope we do see it soon. The community is getting antsy lol.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Jeez, they really needed to seal up those leaks. I actually heard the studio actually has 3 different projects ongoing at the studio and that their engine is super impressive. And also that not all of their projects will be DC related, but also original IP.

3? Jesus. They only have 500 employees. How could they handle that. They aren't Rockstar.

Gabe

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Can you tell us what the engine was like?
Nope.

Jeez, they really needed to seal up those leaks.
They did, oh boy they did.

The community is getting antsy lol.
I'll be honest, i've never been a huge comic fan. But after the Damian Wayne thing and seeing how passionate everyone was, i played all the Arkham games and really enjoyed them (for the most part). So i somehow got dragged a bit into the hype and now i'm a fan myself.

Fuck the batmobile tho, i hated that. (I hope they recycle Damian's bike from the scrapped game in some way)

TheNextWorld

Alt Account
Banned
May 18, 2019
3? Jesus. They only have 500 employees. How could they handle that. They aren't Rockstar.
It's very simple. One game in full production, one in early production and one in pre-production. When one game is done and releases the second project can then go into full production and the pre-production title enters early production. Those projects can take a bunch of the staff that worked on the first project as it slowly finishes patching the game / DLC. Then once all that is done, a new project starts pre-production. The cycle goes on. The only problem with this development philosophy is when one project has development problems it can affect the studio as a whole and the other projects.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'll be honest, i've never been a huge comic fan. But after the Damian Wayne thing and seeing how passionate everyone was, i played all the Arkham games and really enjoyed them (for the most part). So i somehow got dragged a bit into the hype and now i'm a fan myself.

Fuck the batmobile tho, i hated that. (I hope they recycle Damian's bike from the scrapped game in some way)

I agree on the batmobile sections. They should have stuck to driving only instead of tanks battles, but then you'd have to throw 80% of the Knight story away as it revolves around tanks lol. The Joker plot was fun though, absolutely loved that. The only redeeming thing about Knight was the Joker plot. Everything else, meh.

I hope they do. Just ... don't have tank battles sections when driving the bike. Nobody wants that.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I agree on the batmobile sections. They should have stuck to driving only instead of tanks battles, but then you'd have to throw 80% of the Knight story away as it revolves around tanks lol. The Joker plot was fun though, absolutely loved that. The only redeeming thing about Knight was the Joker plot. Everything else, meh.

I hated that plot. It barley made sense and it contradicted what Rocksteady established in Arkham City. Like in AC they tell us that people with Joker's blood die within hours, yet in AK these 5 people somehow magically have lived for a while and not died. Batman drank the cure at the end of Arkham City, seemingly being cured, yet somehow in Arkham Knight he's still infected.

It's like Rocksteady's writers forgot about Arkham City.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I hated that plot. It barley made sense and it contradicted what Rocksteady established in Arkham City. Like in AC they tell us that people with Joker's blood die within hours, yet in AK these 5 people somehow magically have lived for a while and not died. Batman drank the cure at the end of Arkham City, seemingly being cured, yet somehow in Arkham Knight he's still infected.

It's like Rocksteady's writers forgot about Arkham City.

Meh, it is what it is. And of course they were going to use Joker again after his death lol, they'd be silly not too. And Mark Hamill, who didn't want to see him back with his beautiful voice? Cause I sure as hell did. I'm so glad they kept his return shut until the very end when it leaked with that photo. Whole community went crazy with joy lol.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Meh, it is what it is. And of course they were going to use Joker again after his death lol, they'd be silly not too. And Mark Hamill, who didn't want to see him back with his beautiful voice? Cause I sure as hell did. I'm so glad they kept his return shut until the very end when it leaked with that photo. Whole community went crazy with joy lol.

It was pretty impressive that Mark Hamil kept his part secret. He had the biggest role in the game almost.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
it's what i'm trying to confirm (basically waiting for some emails)

"Gabe has provided me with a scoop that the new Batman Arkham game, Batman: Arkham Legacy, will be unveiled at The Video Game Awards in a few weeks." Said on Coby/Slcmof's video.

I guess you managed to confirm it. Nice.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I know people aren't keen on CG trailers but god damn do they look incredible. Think PS5's graphics will match them?