• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cardon

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
very interesting tidbits. I'm most interested to see how that whole npc system works, both in terms of what scenarios may come out of informants suddenly getting killed and what sort of vibrancy the city may have if npcs are walking around.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
The name is bad but everything else sounds fun. I just wanna see the game. I want to pre-order a collectors edition with a big statue to go with all the other Arkham collectors editions I have.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
If true, the Joker again?!? I understand why, but Batman is much, much more then just the constatnt Joker usage.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
Joker again would be the worst, imagine if every Spider-man game had the same final villain each faking time.

Horrible.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Even true the 'Arkham Overture' Twitter post would be a pretty useless leak.

It's like a poorly formed press release centered around the few things we can have confidence in (Court of Owls, League of Assassins), with rumoured elements from WB Montreal's cancelled Arkham game orbiting around it (Wayne Enterprises facing adversity, the Nemesis system).

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
My dream would be they play it up as Bruce Wayne Batman, but it's really Dick and Fam dealing with Bruce actually being gone after knight.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It just means they're gonna be actively hunting for info on that. VGA's are just in addition to the games they'll be getting info on.

Fair enough. Well, there goes all hope. I expected it not to appear next month but people are so adamant that it will be. There sure is going to be alot of disappointed folks when it doesn't turn up lol. Can't say that I blame them really. It's going to be an March, April or May reveal.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Late enough for a PS5/Scarlett Version in addition to the PS4/One/PC?
In one way or another you'll be able to play the new Batman game on next gen consoles. You won't get a different experience other than some graphical and performance upgrades though. But this was all to be expected.
Fair enough. Well, there goes all hope. I expected it not to appear next month but people are so adamant that it will be. It's going to be an March, April or May reveal.
Normally I'd say people are just being crazy, but I can see why they'd think that.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
In one way or another you'll be able to play the new Batman game on next gen consoles. You won't get a different experience other than some graphical and performance upgrades though. But this was all to be expected.

Normally I'd say people are just being crazy, but I can see why they'd think that.

Aye, it's understandable. I'm not sure why WB thought it was a good idea to tease it then leave us in the dark. So a reveal around Q2 (quarter 2nd of the year) and release next year, right before next-gen is due.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Aye, it's understandable. I'm not sure why WB thought it was a good idea to tease it then leave us in the dark. So a reveal around Q2 (quarter 2nd of the year) and release next year, right before next-gen is due.
Believe me when I say that you, me and everyone else are wondering wtf they were thinking.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nah man, the devs are pretty happy. Their game is coming along great, and even though some details might have leaked, it was nothing too major.

Huh, was expecting them to be abit peeved off due to WB putting out the video on Batman day and the "Capture the Knight" tweet because we all thought it was coming pretty soon after that, even them I guess.

Aug 26, 2019
They should try to announce this soon. There's going to be a deluge of next-gen info and big games releasing early next year and it'd suck for it to get drowned out.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, was expecting them to be abit peeved off due to WB putting out the video on Batman day and the "Capture the Knight" tweet because we all thought it was coming pretty soon after that, even them I guess.
Nah, the devs know exactly when this thing is getting revealed. They're just happy to have some positive buzz out there and people talking, albeit for a short period.
They should try to announce this soon. There's going to be a deluge of next-gen info and big games releasing early next year and it'd suck for it to get drowned out.
It's Batman. They'll be okay.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
This has reminded me how much I love those games. Think I'll replay the franchise soon, just wish the remaster wasn't shit.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Yeah like they're gonna wait until next year to reveal a current gen game. There's no way.

I'm just gonna continue to believe it'll be at the Game Awards. There's way to much evidence.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'll believe it when WB officially says it won't be there.

They won't say because it won't BE there at all in any way, shape or form lol. I guess we'll find out soon enough but I'm 100% not expecting it to show up, I can tell you that now with absolute certainty. People are going to be legit mad as hell when it's a no show. Think it's for the best to prepare yourself for what's about to happen within the Arkham community....

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
They won't say because it won't BE there lol. I guess we'll find out soon enough but I'm 100% not expecting it to show up, I can tell you that now with absolute certainty. People are going to be legit mad as hell when it's a no show. Think it's for the best to prepare yourself for what's about to happen within the Arkham community....

Why oh why would WB wait until April to reveal a game that will release in the summer time? Answer. They won't.

WB reveals games 6-7 months before they release.

If you think this game will release in Nov/Dec well you're clearly crazy. This is a current gen game and next gen will be coming out in Holiday 2020. They aren't gonna release a current gen game right next to next gen. Which only means a summer release.