• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018
Alrighty, it's time to let the Joker go. I know it's tough, but you've got the greatest rogues lineup in comicbook-dom. I believe in you guys.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they meant 1.7 times the size of just Los Santos. I've learned to take any Batman game rumors with a big grain of salt though.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I don't know Dutch, that 3 hours side quests sounds like a lot of crazy talk.

Regarding GOTY I doubt it I'm sorry it's gonna be a tough year

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Scott Snyder (and hopefully Greg Capullo) getting PAAAAAAAID thanks to the Court of Owls.

Too bad the "Crisis" name does not hint at multiversial stuff going on in the game.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I don't think so.

Also, no DC game should ever have the word 'Crisis' in the title unless it's a damn Crisis.

ooo yes please. The more insane the better. Spend three games across a decade building up to Final Crisis and let the gaming industry wonder what the fuck just happened.

Mar 29, 2018
People are grossly misreading the "aiming for GOTY" line.

The phrase "aiming for GOTY" will be a stakeholder/investor-led piece of language. It will be rhetoric from on-high telling the developer studio that they need to be working 110% to make a game that will get all the publicity and sales of end-of-year GOTY lists and press.

To be even more cynical, it means this will be a game borne of crunch like other GOTY titles (Witcher 3, Uncharted 4, etc).

If you read interviews and research about many developers, the "going for GOTY" phrasology usually symbolises teams who are pushing as hard as they can to make world-class content. It's a key goal for many top studios.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I read the "going for goty" line as there being an attitude that it has to be better than Spider-Man

In fact, overall this feels like the kind of Arkham game that would take shape as a reaction to Spider-Man (which doesn't make sense if it is launching next year). #1 reason I think it is fake

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I'm down for another Arkham game. That rumored (and now cancelled) Suicide Squad project sounded more interesting.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Holy shit thats the most fake list of features I've ever read. I'm going to say no lol.
It reads like "Pokemon Infinity leak. Will have all pokemon in 4D, and will star Trubbish."
If a list of features starts to sound like some fanboys wishlist, it probably is.

• A 12-act story with each act being 1 hour long.
A weird way of separating an open world game's campaign. Possible but not likely

• A much more complex story.
The hell does that even mean? Arkham Knight wasn't complex enough?
Reads like a fanboy who thought that the other Arkham games weren't up to scratch

• Gotham City features a day/night cycle and is 1.7x bigger than GTA V.
Hell no. Absolutely not. Not because they can't. But because NO ONE WANTS THAT.
Gotham needs to be dense and concentrated, not some huge sprawling vista of repeated black buildings.

• Features co-op multiplayer but not integrated into the main story. Co-op will be playable for some side missions.
Again, fanboy wishlisting

• Side quests have been dramatically changed and won't be 15 minutes long. Each side quest features 3-hours of story.
Yep, more wishlisting.

• No more Riddler trophies. They have been replaced with 31 complex challenges.
As above.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I'd take it, side content sounds like a big chunk of the meat and those that want to just bum the story can do so relatively quick.

I hope this is legit........time to bug the fuck out of my buddy, get him wasted and see if I can get him to spill some beans..............sadly, its never worked lol

edit: wait, it doesn't say who the Dev is..........I'm assuming its still rocksteady correct?

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Perfect timing if true. Console install base is now huge as we are near the end of the gen. Next gen ports possibly next year and spiderman ps4 players will be thirsty for another super hero experience. I hope it's true and I hope it's a GOTY contender.

Krooner

Oct 27, 2017
This has been doing the rounds for a few says now, there's probably a reason no one else made a thread on it OP...

A map 1.7 times the size of GTA 5 (which is massive by the way) and then you remove The Batmobile!?!?!? If this is true, the studio have lost their minds.

Last edited:

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
So on one hand this sounds kind of fake.

On the other hand I don't see what faker would decide that "Arkham Crisis" is a subtitle that needs explanation.

WB, if you're reading this and it's true for some reason, it's not too late to sign a deal with Disney, replace Batwing with Iron Man and rename the game "Arkham Reactor".

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After how Arkham Knight ended, I want a Batman game featuring this Batman

giphy.gif

This is literally all I've wanted.

Every rumored Rocksteady title has left me disappointed.

I don't want Damien Wayne.

I don't want Superman.

I don't want Justice League.

I don't want Bat Family.

I want goddamn Batman Beyond starring Terry McGinnis in futuristic Gotham City. I won't accept anything else.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like a very ambitious project for only 2 years in development,if this is true of course.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, cool that it is aiming for GOTY status, but doesn't every game strive for excellence? That and technically speaking, we aren't even in Funerary and we already have two GOTY contenders in RE2 and KH3, so we are already going into 2019 guns blazing.

Will be nice to see where the arkham story goes from here, but kind of hard to continue where they left off considering that Arkham knight played off the ending as a "True finale"

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Aims to be GOTY 2019 is a codename for "high production values"

They KNOW that original low budget games get no GOTY no matter how good they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.