• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
31 Riddler challenges? Wow what a downgrade, Arkham Knight has 4,672 more than this!

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
The Arkham formula is pretty stale, I'd find it hard to see another one and call that GOTY

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Don't understand the diss over aims to be goty.

Do you guys think FIFA aims to be goty? And does cod? Does Lego games?

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
"Aims for GOTY" sounds idiotic, but not is idiotically fake as the reveal and release date comments

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
"The leak suggests the reason why the game is called Batman Arkham Crisis is due to the Court Of Owls attacking Batman, Gotham City, and Bruce Wayne and creating a crisis in the process."

GUYS. It's called "Crisis" because there's a crisis. Seems airtight.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There are many suspect aspects of this but 1.7x the size of GTA V is the biggest red herring. Even if they just meant 1.7x the size of Los Santos that makes it way, way bigger than Arkham Knight.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
And another thing: how would a play tester know all this including how the map compares accurately to another franchise??? Devs rarely ever note such comparisons to other companies.

The map size comment just seems silly and like something so hard to measure when not even comparing it to the same series

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
5ca.jpg
I l

Oct 27, 2017
Why would you even have daytime in a Batman game? What would you even do?

They can have Bruce going around the city doing business or doing detective work but would anybody even want that in such a game which is combat heavy?

Ryszard

Apr 7, 2018
I loved Arkham Knight, but I would say that was enough... I prefer games starring other superheroes...

Anyway... let's see if it's true.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
That all sounds incredibly ambitious for something that they're claiming has been in development for two years.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
The court saga could be an awesome game. You could track down court members like cultists from AC Odyssey and could even have to randomly deal with Talons like Odysseys bounty hunters or turn the tables and hunt them back.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
31 Riddler challenges? Wow what a downgrade, Arkham Knight has 4,672 more than this!
I think that would be an upgrade for me.

The game also features Dick Grayson but he leaves around act 3 in Batman Arkham Crisis and then we are introduced to Jason Todd around act 6.
Wait a minute... what?!

From what I gather from this leak is that the developers are pouring their heart and souls into the game to make it a perfect Batman experience.
I mean... I ain't no journalism major or anything, but this line in the article doesn't seem "right" to me.

GotY of the Year! Let'sa go!

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
They don't need to have "Arkham" in every title. Pls be fake.

People will buy a Batman game if it has Batman in the title

Oct 25, 2017
So OP looked at this list and thought, "Yep, that looks legit."

Come on, creating a game world nearly twice the size as GTA5's in two years screams bullshit, and it's not like that's the only red flag.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I like to imagine a group of devs sitting in a room wondering "Do we want to be goty? Hm, nah".

Status
Not open for further replies.