• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
No. If it was releasing in retail that soon, we'd know about it by now. There's no way to stealth release a title in retail like that. It's just a crappy placeholder that's being used for clicks.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I'll be buying this for a second time - third, if you consider I own the individual GC and Wii games - but this time, I must play them!

I actually did finish MP3. It's just 1 and 2 that I haven't finished.

Oct 27, 2017
That article has poor editing, Trilogy was on Wii and Wii U, not Cube. Damn, I hope it's true tho I'd replay but man Nintendo really wants to fuck with my spare time don't they?

First Paper Mario same day as Tsushima and potential 3 Metroid Prime games same day as TLOU2? Lol where will I find the time

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Are they expecting this to be a remaster or essentially just the Wii version ported over?

And I wonder if the controls will be changed to be dual-analog in all three.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there definitive proof that the Prime trilogy ever actually existed? Like, the three actual games we played on the Gamecube and Wii? You know that creepypasta about those people reminiscing about a kid TV show that never actually existed? Really, think about it.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Is there definitive proof that the Prime trilogy ever actually existed? Like, the three actual games we played on the Gamecube and Wii? You know that creepypasta about those people reminiscing about a kid TV show that never actually existed? Really, think about it.
No definitive official proof obviously, but multiple very credible insiders have said it is a thing now for years and haven't backed off it at all.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We find out when the splatfest results come in.
tumblr_otje61hqNw1qfetc8o1_400.gif

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
No official announcement with less than a month to go to the supposed launch date, considering the logistical nightmare you have nowadays in getting a proper amount of physical copies to retailers?

I call bullshit.

Yamanote Line

alt account
Banned
May 10, 2020
Every time I see a new Metroid Prime trilogy thread being created or bumped, a little bit of me dies inside.

HawkeyeDontGiveMeHope.gif

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I firmly believe that MPT:HD is a thing, but there's no way they'd release it in that way, that soon. Not a chance in hell.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
They dropped the Paper Mario announcement on Twitter out of nowhere, with it's release being about 2 months away.
And that was a much more high profile game.

We are in unprecedented times people.
s-l300.jpg

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
MPT is definitely happening sooner rather then later, but that date is absolutely not happening.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it is real but even if it was a digital only shadow drop of MPT with no lead up would be very lame.

Oct 27, 2017
Not that I believe this rumor in any way, but... does Nintendo really need to hype this thing for months for it to sell?

I bet that if they announced it 2-3 weeks before release, it would sell just as much right now. The demand for that kind of thing is through the roof .

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
Right before my birthday would be nice. I still have the Wii collection somewhere, so if it doesn't come out then, at least I'll have something to play Metroid Prime on.

Status
Not open for further replies.