• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
The team is thrilled with the reactions of the trailer so far! While the trailer doesn't show gameplay, it does reveal the gamut of different personalities the party will consist of. My lips are sealed however, so I'm not answering any questions. Just wanted to chime in and say, early 2021 is just around the corner and we can't wait to share more info soon™!

gotta say it's amazing how you guys went from a big kickstarter project to a Darksiders game and now you're working on a major franchise like League of Legends
Cannot wait to see how Ruined Kings is in action considering the great animation work from your previous titles.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
The team is thrilled with the reactions of the trailer so far! While the trailer doesn't show gameplay, it does reveal the gamut of different personalities the party will consist of. My lips are sealed however, so I'm not answering any questions. Just wanted to chime in and say, early 2021 is just around the corner and we can't wait to share more info soon™!

Nice trailer, beautifully animated ♡

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017

I'm really hyped! Can't wait to see some gameplay. Also really cool that Illaoi is in the game!
She's awesome

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Battle Chasers was kinda disappointing imo, but i'm willing to try it anyway.

I really like the idea of games based on the LoL world/characters. Its lore is so big and full of neat stuff that it feels wasted in a online competitive game where story doesn't actually matter.

Not a fan of the trailer tho.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
If it plays like battle chasers I'm mega in.

I also play league at least a few times a week so I'm already in

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
I hope the team managed to learn from the shortcomings of Battlechasers. Game was good but it got a little too repetitive. The final boss difficulty spike was also kinda nasty.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, that's arguably the biggest surprise. If there's one company out there that would have no problem launching a launcher, it would be Riot who have been operating all of their games off their own infrastructure for the entirity of their existence. So, kinda crazy to see them release stuff on Steam and EGS instead of a theoretical Riot Launcher.

This game probably exists as an ad for League. No reason to only have it on the League launcher.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Battlechasers was one of my favorite rpgs this gen. Super excited for this.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Looking at the previous game battle chasers. Art direction and combat system are definitely going to be on point. Haven't played league in years but it's quite exciting how they are expanding the IP in different ways.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
More LoL lore stuff is cool. Would be insta buy if it had Xerath 🤷🏾‍♂️

Why haven't they made like a league cartoon or something for youtube? LoL Origins, just on how each champ came to the league or started. That's over 100 episodes right there.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Why haven't they made like a league cartoon or something for youtube? LoL Origins, just on how each champ came to the league or started. That's over 100 episodes right there.

The first League cartoon comes out next year. It's based on Vi & Caitlin I believe.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

There's a animated series in the works, plus they put out animated shorts at a fairly often clip with all the new games

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Have no familiarity with League of Legends, but this game being a turnbased rpg got me interested.

Downloading Battlechasers right now as it was always one of those "I'll get to it eventually."

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
...wat?
You sound like someone warning people from not doing drugs
lol, it's not that serious, I just love the ip and love battleship syndicate and am sure the game will be great, but I've heard ppl go wild with their expectations with this game before, hell, someone already dropped Larian name before my post.

It just would be sad when the full reveal for this comes up and people get mad because it's not X or Y.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
i know the details are new but it's weird to call this an "announcement trailer" when they announced the game last december

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
League lore and characters are laughably bad and always were. That said Battlechasers was great until it got too repetitive so I'll give this a try.

Lil Peanut Brotha

Motion Graphics Artist at Riot Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
CA, USA
I'm so excited for this getting closer! That's about all I can / am gonna say too 😅. You can check out the Riot Forge Twitter to keep up with this (@RiotForge) too.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
Interested. I hope it uses more then characters already in League proper. I'm fine if the playable characters are that but it'd be a shame if every named character is just someone you can play in LoL. Maybe I'm just weird, I dunno. Have the party from Battlechasers be a secret boss though.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm so excited for this getting closer! That's about all I can / am gonna say too 😅. You can check out the Riot Forge Twitter to keep up with this (@RiotForge) too.

really brilliant collab between your teams - can't wait to play!

Oct 26, 2017
It was an awesome trailer.... unfortunate announcement timing following up the best game of the finals though!

Lil Peanut Brotha

Motion Graphics Artist at Riot Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
CA, USA
Main website went up this morning too.
It has Joe Mad's portraits for the champions if any of y'all are interested.
https://ruinedking.com/en_US/
These are so good!
My boy P Y K E! I worked on his login screen + part of his trailer back in the day, I'm hyped to see him in a new game...The leviathan shot in the trailer really brought me back :D

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Ahri, Braum and Yasuo instead of Ganplank, Samira, Katarina or even Gragas? ok.
Braum doesn't really make any sense but at the end of the Yone cinematic they showed Yasuo going to Bilgewater with Ahri which explains why he's there (other than just because he's Yasuo).

The game was probably in development long before Samira became a thing, nobody cares about Gragas, Gangplank doesn't really make any sense because he wants to kill MF in the lore and Katarina, well, I have no idea.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
This looks cool...

But...

Where's our Garen-Katarina Co-Op Cinematic ARPG? We gotta know what's going on with that story.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Never played League of Legends, and never will. But RPG? Turn-based? Those are words I like. Colour me intrigued.
Same. The most I know about LoL is from K/DA, some fanart, and that it's a very popular MOBA, a genre I'm not interested in. Turn-based RPG, though? Now you're singing my tune.

Negaduck

Oct 26, 2017
Main website has cool Joe mad style art. Edit: ah late to the main website party lol.

pyke.jpg

miss-fortune.jpg

I can't wait, I'm a huge Joe mad and League stan so this is my shit.

Oct 26, 2017
Same folks that made Battlechasers? Sold. That is easily one of my favorite RPGs this last generation. Plus, Illaoi. She's the best. Well, almost the best. She's no Teemo.

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Some fun lore insight:

This guys channel is all about Runterra (League of legends) lore, real fun stuff to watch/ listen to. Riot has been better at doing lore as of late....excluding Seraphine, but even Riot knows they effed up there and are fixing it.

Last edited:

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
I like how Braum's whole thing is he has a huge full-body shield but when a flaming boulder is launched at him he just punches it...

MOBA character designs are so disparate that applying it to a single player game leaves it looking like such a frankenstein mishmash. That said, the dev has good word of mouth in this thread so I'm keeping my eyes open for the gameplay reveal.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Would have rather had a Battle Chasers sequel, but ill check this out. The first Battle Chasers game was awesome, it just needed a bigger budget. But it was a kickstarter game, so what we did get was still great. The overworld was the only part of the game that needed improvement.

I dont know much about the LoL lore, was always a DOTA 2 guy. But I am excited to see all these different projects coming from Riot. Wish Valve would try some of these things lol.

EDIT: The trailer does really give me some Battle Chaser vibes lol. I really like the red head, cat ears lady, and the samurai dude. Eh, ill check it out.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I loved the artstyle of that animation (3D with some "hand-drawn" animation around it). Would love a game with that artstyle, like an action-adventure or something.