• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
LncxzCl.png

Last edited:

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
What kind of game is this? That trailer didnt tell me much.

for anyone curious like me:

" From Airship Syndicate comes Ruined King: A League of Legends Story, a single-player turn-based RPG featuring the baddest of Bilgewater. Play as Miss Fortune, Illaoi, Braum, Yasuo, Ahri, or Pyke and journey bravely into the ever-creeping Black Mist. Coming to console and PC early 2021. "

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
It's hard for me to get excited when I don't know what kind of RPG it is. JRPG style? Great, I'm in. WRPG style? Couldn't care less. e: okay turn based and set in Bilgewater according to Steam, that's a decent start

Hopefully it comes with a Legends of Runeterra tie in event.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Pike, Braum, Illaoi, Ahri, Yasuo is one weird combination that MF got herself as a crew here

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From Airship Syndicate and is a turn based RPG from the description so wouldn't doubt it if it were like Battle Chasers.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
It's hard for me to get excited when I don't know what kind of RPG it is. JRPG style? Great, I'm in. WRPG style? Couldn't care less. e: okay turn based and set in Bilgewater according to Steam, that's a decent start

Talking out of my ass but it's a safe assumption the game is based on the devs other game.

ppl should approach with caution when it comes to the expectations here, these stuff meant to draw you into their GAAS.

Raigor

May 14, 2020

It's from Airship Syndicate, something close to Battle Chasers.

OP
OP
plow

plow

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah anyone interested, this is another game by the same dev:

Looks a lot like FFX battle system.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Talking out of my ass but it's a safe assumption the game is based on the devs other game.

ppl should approach with coition when it comes to the expectations here, these stuff meant to draw you into their GAAS.

oh there's even a redhead with guns in there

I don't know about quality though, Runeterra was a great spinoff and I feel like this game appeals to prexisting League fans and not to try and convert new players. like nobody unfamiliar with the universe would care about this at all. I only know the champs through Runeterra

just eye balling Battle Chasers it seems like a game I would like if it had more polish and budget, presumably Riot would step in and provide that

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
I hate announcement trailers that are cinematic only and don't tell you anything about what the game is going to be like.

I like the premise though, so I'm looking forward to seeing more.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
So... Xbox One or no? It'd be a pretty bold move to miss out on a major platform that like, and just support the next gen.

Wow, I didn't expect it to be on Steam. This is a cool idea but I really don't care for much of the League characters designs tbh.
Can't steal players if you don't encroach a bit first.

ppl should approach with caution when it comes to the expectations here, these stuff meant to draw you into their GAAS.

Battle Chasers is quite good and pretty fun. The combat isn't the deepest ever, but it's engaging and they crafted a pretty competent project. And Riot (Tencent) has the money to splash the cash to get the good production values.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
I still haven't had the change to play Battle Chasers, but I always thought it was really interesting. So definitely I'm following Ruined King: A League of Legend.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I bet this is Diablo/Torchlight like game. I doubt it's a proper AAA with how fast it went from announcement to release.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I'll take it. Could never get into League but think all the characters are cool. Enjoyed what little I played of Battlechasers.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really liking the art style of this so far. The choice of characters is definitely interesting. I wonder how those 6 got together.

I hate announcement trailers that are cinematic only and don't tell you anything about what the game is going to be like.

I like the premise though, so I'm looking forward to seeing more.
At least this one isn't far off.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
This could be really cool, im glad we are getting more games in the League of Legends universe. I havent played Airship Synidcates other games though so dont really know what to expect.

Lanofrose

Oct 28, 2017
Braum and Ahri in.. Bilgewater? How did that happen?
At the end of Kin of the Stained Blade Spirit Blossom cinematic you see Ahri and Yasuo heading to Bligewater. Now how Braum got there who knows. Also why is Pyke not killing MF... He hates captains and liars and cheats lol.
www.youtube.com

Kin of the Stained Blade | Spirit Blossom 2020 Cinematic - League of Legends

Not forgiven. Not forgotten. See the story of brothers torn asunder.Created in partnership with:Directed by HaolinHaoliners Animation http://haoliners.net/Pa...

Personally battlechaser was a good game, and Darksider Genesis was a really great co-op overhead action rpg-lite. This being made by the same team with a AA budget inspires confidence, but ill wait to see game play as always.

Zim

Senior Animator at Airship Syndicate
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Austin, TX
The team is thrilled with the reactions of the trailer so far! While the trailer doesn't show gameplay, it does reveal the gamut of different personalities the party will consist of. My lips are sealed however, so I'm not answering any questions. Just wanted to chime in and say, early 2021 is just around the corner and we can't wait to share more info soon™!

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Airship Syndicate?! Battle Chasers?! Loved that game! Can't wait to see how this turns out then. Went from 0-100 in interest there, lol.

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
Everything about the style and attitude of that was cringy as hell imo. The developer is good so we'll see, but yeesh.

I'm shocked it's going to be on Steam and EGS though.

OP
OP
plow

plow

Oct 28, 2017
Can a mod pls edit the title with " dev by Airship Syndicate"? Riot Games is "just" the Publisher.

I was too fast and didn't see the game being developed by a different studio

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm shocked it's going to be on Steam and EGS though.
Yeah, that's arguably the biggest surprise. If there's one company out there that would have no problem launching a launcher, it would be Riot who have been operating all of their games off their own infrastructure for the entirity of their existence. So, kinda crazy to see them release stuff on Steam and EGS instead of a theoretical Riot Launcher.