• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
This actually looks good! Stu sounds too hopeful though. I'm gonna need him to dial it back a little bit.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I actually prefer the way this show looks to any other Klasky Csupo animation I've seen. Why does every surface have little bits of hair jutting off of it, Klasky Csupo??

coldcrush

Jun 11, 2018
why make it 3d? easier / cheaper? more accessible to modern kids audiences? Maybe new audiences will like it but kind of looks crap to me

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I don't know what is worse, the vibe of this reboot or the fact that I'm having feelings about it.

But whatever. I'll say it. They don't feel like human characters in the way the originals did (spoiler: when I was the same age as the Rugrats).

Now leave me to die alone.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Never forget that Tommy tried to hook up with his best friend's step-sister

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Looks like someone lost control of their life.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
I actually think this is an appropriate artsyle. It's not that bad imo

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone else remember the episode of All Grown Up where they spoof Yugioh with You Gotta Go cards?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Idc about Dill, but where the hell is Kimi, and why is Susie the same age as them?!

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
3D looks bad...uhhhh...

And no Kimmie???

And Stu's voice is bad...

*breathes* I am not the demographic for this show (I don't think???)

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
This looks dreadful. Klasky-Chupo designs do not translate will to CGI. If this is successful they might threaten us with an Aah! Real Monsters revival. We can NOT let that happen

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Strangely for me, the shows look isn't the barrier for me but whether or not Angelica is going to be a complete and total little shit goblin monster who likes torturing and manipulating babies(mostly chuckie) like I remember her as growing up.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope that the babies return to having adventures that make the regular world look bigger and that Angelica is a huge devil.

I don't want episodes where the babies only do baby stuff

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I will say that I like that Suzie is getting a bigger role than she had in the show. She absolutely got sidelined once Dill and then Kimmie came into the picture.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017

thanks for the nostalgia trip.

anyway, there is just something about Nickelodeon recreating old ideas that just doesn't sit right with me. Between this and Kamp Koral, why are their most high profile projects just new additions of classic projects they've had from the past? it's uncommon to hear about something completely new and they rely on reinvigorating older things.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
OK wait, everyone saying they aged down Suzie, is that confirmed? She doesn't really seem younger, just looks slightly different, figured it was just a casualty of the art style

This actually looks good! Stu sounds too hopeful though. I'm gonna need him to dial it back a little bit.

They changed his voice actor didn't they? He sounds... wrong

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Don't forget there are folks out there who claim the new pokemon snap is amazing looking (and not just "for a pokemon game"). This looks like a pre-vis

Deleted member 93805

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 16, 2021
Bay Area, CA
It looks like what a Nickelodeon show's PS2 intro cutscene would look like. Obviously technically better in this movie, but you get the idea. Or like Homer in 3D from that one Treehouse of Horror.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
the hideous klasky csupo designs look even more nightmarish in 3d. i get it. 3d is just better for costs and making back on those costs. but it adds another layer of ugliness to the show's already unpleasant art direction.

beyond that, this trailer is probably appealing to younger millennials who grew up with the show post-movie and remember it when the show was about saving dil in every episode, week after week.

klasky had wanted a show that was like the pilot and first season - a show about babies doing baby things and being cute. the writing staff saw it as an opportunity to be a little more clever with the setting and characters - and turned angelica into a villain who the babies would generally need to overcome in some fashion (through either her misunderstanding of the world or cruelly lying about the world). this didn't sit right with klasky, and after the first hiatus, that writing staff wasn't hired back. so the show became more in line with her visiion afterwards. it's just a lot of nothing. i'm expecting more of the same here.

Status
Not open for further replies.