• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
To elaborate slightly, trial judges have a lot of discretion to deny these sorts of motions, and would have to be doing something way out of line for an appellate judge to be able to reverse their decision on something like this. So they're likely to lose this appeal.

Yeah, I know which is why I'm saying it's a guaranteed failure. It makes no legal sense, but they've never actually made any legal sense so far so why stop now I guess.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
for what it's worth... one of the nightmare scenarios i had on november 3 before wi was turning around, was that trump would run in 2024 as vp to pence in name only, get pence to resign on day one, and let the supreme court try and figure it out - or just be the real-actual president like how putin did his president-prime minister-president swap.
22nd Amendment also limits the total years a president can serve to 10.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
That Plaintiffs are trying to mix-and-match claims to bypass contrary precedent is not lost on the Court. The Court will thus analyze Plaintiffs' claims as if they had been raised properly and asserted as one whole for purposes of standing and the merits. Accordingly, the Court considers Plaintiffs as alleging two equal- protection claims. The first being on behalf of Individual Plaintiffs whose ballots were cancelled. And the second being on behalf of the Trump Campaign and raising the broad Bush v. Gore arguments that Plaintiffs allege is the main focus of this lawsuit.39 The Court analyzes both claims separately for purposes of standing and the merits analysis.

III. STANDING
Plaintiffs lack standing to raise either of their claims.
Chef's fucking kiss.

Creatchee

Oct 26, 2017
Sarasota, Florida
The irony of all of this is that there are definitely people and methods one can employ to steal an election, but Trump and his cronies sought the literally worst possible choices to do so at every step of the way. I could have paid a pug in biscuits who would have made more headway than his ragtag bunch of charlatans that cost millions.

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
It never ends.

"We are totally not giving up our completely valid claims made in the original complaint, but they don't matter because our new complaint will be even betterer!"

Last edited:

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At some point, playing 4D chess just means you're not actually playing the game that counts.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
The Supreme Court isn't hearing it. They're dead Jim.

www.rawstory.com

Supreme Court declines to take action on Trump's Pennsylvania appeal prior to certification of Biden win

The Supreme Court of the United States on Monday took no action to overturn a lower court decision that allowed the counting of late-arriving mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania.President Donald Trump's campaign had sought to exclude mail-in ballots that arrived after election day.In 4-4 decision in...

So much for 4D Chess.

JohnsonUT

Oct 27, 2017

www.rawstory.com

Supreme Court declines to take action on Trump's Pennsylvania appeal prior to certification of Biden win

The Supreme Court of the United States on Monday took no action to overturn a lower court decision that allowed the counting of late-arriving mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania.President Donald Trump's campaign had sought to exclude mail-in ballots that arrived after election day.In 4-4 decision in...
4-4 decision?!

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

www.rawstory.com

Is this rudy's or another one?

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
The fact that they're refusing to expedite action on a case that they've already granted a stay on doesn't bode well for Trump. It basically means that they don't expect that any decision they make will change the outcome of the PA election.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017

www.rawstory.com

isn't this massive if true? I'm not seeing it reported anywhere else. If SC is really saying they refuse to hear the case then it's over.

edit.. oh, this is just about the late arriving ballots that were postmarked before Election Day? It's not really related to this thread at all. If these can be counted, Biden should definitely get over a 100k vote lead in PA.

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
isn't this massive if true? I'm not seeing it reported anywhere else. If SC is really saying they refuse to hear the case then it's over.
1) The number of ballots affected by this case is immaterial
2) SCOTUS could still decide to hear this case, but since they're not responding to an emergency request for an injunction that's weeks old, it seems highly unlikely that they will

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
1) The number of ballots affected by this case is immaterial
2) SCOTUS could still decide to hear this case, but since they're not responding to an emergency request for an injunction that's weeks old, it seems highly unlikely that they will

see my edit. I don't think that tweet should even be in this thread, it's unrelated as far as I can tell to what Giuliani and co. are trying to do.

OP
OP
Schlorgan

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
see my edit. I don't think that tweet should even be in this thread, it's unrelated as far as I can tell to what Giuliani and co. are trying to do.
I made a new thread for it.

www.resetera.com

Supreme Court declines to take action on Trump’s Pennsylvania appeal prior to certification of Biden win News

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/supreme-court-declines-to-take-action-on-trumps-pennsylvania-appeal-prior-to-certification-of-biden-win/ RIP

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
The Strike Force finally decided that it would be a good idea to ask the 3rd Circuit to stop the imminent certification in PA, and they did it stupidly: