• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Switching to Batgirl would be infinitely more interesting than a recast and would likely increase interest in the series with such a more popular character.

Start the season with a catastrophe, have Commissioner Gordon come back "from Retirement" and have Barbara Gordon back from college.
Or say Barbara was already Oracle working elsewhere who then returns to help Cass Cain Batgirl or Stephanie Brown.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Switching to Batgirl would be infinitely more interesting than a recast and would likely increase interest in the series with such a more popular character.

Start the season with a catastrophe, have Commissioner Gordon come back "from Retirement" and have Barbara Gordon back from college.

That would essentially just be a completely different show.

TheSix

Nov 1, 2017
Toronto
I tried to watch Batwoman but Ruby Rose doesn't fit the bill for me. Good luck on her next gig but this is a great thing for someone who wants to tune in next season.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I know the trailers for this show made it absolutely terrible and I've never found her to be a good actress either. She was the best in John Wick and she didn't have to speak.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Well for someone who just finished season one this is kind of depressing. I thought she was great and she was good in the cross overs as well

Oct 25, 2017
That would essentially just be a completely different show.
Eh, you could keep it similar but from a different angle.

Also with how Batwoman was hyped as being a Woman in Gotham, you can even add a bit of CW drama in that
Batgirl operated in Gotham mostly in secret for a few years strictly because Batman said so.
Barbara is kinda pissed Batwoman took her recognition.

Whatever happens at the start with Batwoman is what inspires Gordon to return, which then pushes Barbara's return.

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Or say Barbara was already Oracle working elsewhere who then returns to help Cass Cain Batgirl or Stephanie Brown.

... So a different show.

Between this and "have Alice become Batwoman," I'm glad some of you guys don't work in television. :P

snackshack

Oct 30, 2017
Strike Back casts so many badass women a replacement should be easy to find imo however unfortunate the situation may be.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not sure if her leaving and being replaced would have that great an impact on viewership because I don't think she really brought that much to the role that I can't imagine she would have gotten if it weren't for her name value which I don't think translated to anything with this show.

The show was not on the fence. It got an early renewal.

Why do people just keep making stuff up?
Honestly it sounds like the shit the gater crowd tried to push, ignoring the viewership numbers, only to be shut up by the early renewal. Aside from Batwoman being one of the most watched shows on CW TV, live TV is pretty much secondary or even lower for WB CW shows.
Maybe she can stand in for the replacement.
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the new actress is going to look quite a bit different than Ruby.
Legends lost Arthur Darvill first, then Broadway Legend Victor Garber, and now Brandon Routh. They've lost their top-billed actor more often than any show I've ever seen.
TBH, they might have been the top billed but Caity Lotz has pretty much been the lead since the start or at least from season two on. She's the only one IMO whose leaving would signal the end of the show.

Yeah she was the favorite among LGBTQ+ people who hated Ruby's casting. Though a lot of those people were total assholes about it and were part of why Ruby quit social media for a while and I think quit Twitter?
Ruby made shockingly little impact as Kate. She had no presence or X factor like the other Arrowverse leads do. It was weird seeing a show where the lead would blend into the scenery, although it wouldn't surprise me if the writers gave her less to do after some of the stuff that's going around.

She was better as Batwoman, she had the physicality for fights and the expressionless demeanor works for the character. As long as she didn't need to say a line that conflicted with her accent lol
Almost any word that put any emphasis on an O sound.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
TBH, they might have been the top billed but Caity Lotz has pretty much been the lead since the start or at least from season two on. She's the only one IMO whose leaving would signal the end of the show.

I honestly think Legends COULD survive without Sara, but it's the kind of thing you'd have to build to gradually like they (kinda) did with Ray. If Caity just randomly said "FUCK IT I'M OUT" you know something went extremely, extremely wrong behind the scenes.

Luckily it looks like most of the main cast is making it to next season, if the promo I've seen for S6 is any indication.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah she was the favorite among LGBTQ+ people who hated Ruby's casting. Though a lot of those people were total assholes about it and were part of why Ruby quit social media for a while and I think quit Twitter?
It would be kinda messed up if they gave that crowd what they wanted to replace the person they harassed off social media..

I honestly think Legends COULD survive without Sara, but it's the kind of thing you'd have to build to gradually like they (kinda) did with Ray. If Caity just randomly said "FUCK IT I'M OUT" you know something went extremely, extremely wrong behind the scenes.

Luckily it looks like most of the main cast is making it to next season, if the promo I've seen for S6 is any indication.
I don't agree. If Caity Lotz leaves Legends is done.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Honestly it sounds like the shit the gater crowd tried to push, ignoring the viewership numbers, only to be shut up by the early renewal. Aside from Batwoman being one of the most watched shows on CW TV, live TV is pretty much secondary or even lower for WB CW shows.

There is a specific alt-right comic site that I won't link to here that has been obsessed with tearing down Batwoman, as they were with Captain Marvel, trying to push a narrative that Batwoman was a disaster. When it was renewed, they had to change their narrative, just as they did when Captain Marvel was a massive hit.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So will they just act like this new actress has always been Kate?

Or will they introduce them as a new character to take over the mantle?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So will they just act like this new actress has always been Kate?

Or will they introduce them as a new character to take over the mantle?

It'll need to be the same character. Batwoman is Kate Kane. You can't just write her out and replace her with someone else.

This is Barry we're talking about.

I feel like we've had enough story arcs about Barry making peace with his mother's death that even despite him being a big dumb idiot even he's smart enough to know that won't go well.

Oct 25, 2017
I think with just how the Arrowverse is, that Batwoman S2 can afford to address any changes directly, with there being several entities capable of rewriting and changing someone's appearance.
Kate waking up and not recognizing herself would be one hell of a season book.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
It's comic books. There are seven hundred ways you can swap actresses, if they even bother to acknowledge it.
  1. Barry fucked something up.
  2. The Legends fucked something up.
  3. "Aftershocks from Crisis".
  4. Mxyzptlk "changed the artist".
And so on.

My bet's on them just recasting with no stated in-universe excuse. Maybe a jokey lampshade or two with someone asking if she did her hair differently or whatever.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
She's a horrible actress so pretty much anyone will be an upgrade. If it turns out to be Beatriz, that would be a ginormous upgrade.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's comic books. There are seven hundred ways you can swap actresses, if they even bother to acknowledge it.
  1. Barry fucked something up.
  2. The Legends fucked something up.
  3. "Aftershocks from Crisis".
  4. Mxyzptlk "changed the artist".
And so on.

My bet's on them just recasting with no stated in-universe excuse. Maybe a jokey lampshade or two with someone asking if she did her hair differently or whatever.

It'll probably be this. Batwoman isn't really keyed in enough with the rest of the Arrowverse yet for an offhand Legends or Barry joke.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Okay, there is a simple solution. Rachel Skarsten should take on the role, solves the Alice issue.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I think with just how the Arrowverse is, that Batwoman S2 can afford to address any changes directly, with there being several entities capable of rewriting and changing someone's appearance.
Kate waking up and not recognizing herself would be one hell of a season book.

There's no chance that they do that nor should they. They don't want viewers to keep being reminded of the change.

They'll just recast and move forward.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
That's not a good look as it means you can and might do it again. Not only that but its hard to just leave a show early with what is probably a pretty ironclad contract.
Unless she has no interest in another tv roll, so it's whatever to her.

But just read the rest of the thread with hints dropped that she was canned, so eh.

Welcome to four seasons ago?

Don't worry, I'm sure Sophie will have exactly no chemistry with anyone they cast.
Lmao

Look, Barry fucks up a lot, but I'm fairly certain even Barry Allen isn't stupid enough to try and save the same person twice.
SureJan.gif

This is exactly the kind of thing Barry would do on a whim cause he's bored at home on a Tuesday. Some people knit, some people fuck up time and get people erased from existence.