• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Jade Tailor, known for playing Kady on The Magicians, is expressing interest while seemingly also coming out as bi at the same time.

twitter.com

Jade Tailor on Twitter

“Soo... since #rubyrose is no longer playing #Batwoman on #BatwomanCW I think they should cast someone with fighting skills (like krav maga) who has already played a bad ass on screen the last 5 years and loves working crazy hours! Just saying @TheCW I’m right here waiting🙋🏻‍♀️”
twitter.com

Jade Tailor on Twitter

“@SarahBekett @TheCW I agree that it is important to represent the LGBTQA+ community as a whole. Not just a lesbian. One letter that people rarely acknowledge is the B in those letters”

I saw those Krav Maga clips on twitter. I should watch more of the magicians. Totally down for her.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I saw those Krav Maga clips on twitter. I should watch more of the magicians. Totally down for her.
1) Magicians is great
2) I totally support her getting the role just based on seeing her in Magicians
3) that subtle-yet-not outing of herself as bi while also backhanding the always there "B is always left out" that the LGBTQ+ community seems to have.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

edit:

tweet deleted but it was a link to this article

www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Batwoman’ to Feature New Lead Character After Ruby Rose’s Departure

Whoever ends up under the cowl in season two of 'Batwoman,' they won't be playing Kate Kane. Following the surprise departure of Ruby Rose from the title role at the end of The CW superhero drama's first season, the show has opted to create a new character to play Batwoman rather than recast...

Last edited:

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
That just seems unnecessary. Losing Kate Kane means losing the connection to Bruce Wayne, Alice and Luke Fox.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
The only way I can see they new a Batwoman without Kate Kane is do Barbara Gordon? I haven't seen the season yet but they haven't explained what happened to her character did they?

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So what does that mean for Alice, Luke, Mary, Sophie, etc... Everyone that's not Kate Kane only exists on the show because they're in Kate's orbit. The only exception is the dad, and he sucks anyway. Take Kate out of the equation and you might as well just create a new show.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't it be easier, and make more sense for one of those other two ex-gfs of hers to take over as Batwoman?

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
The only way I can see they new a Batwoman without Kate Kane is do Barbara Gordon? I haven't seen the season yet but they haven't explained what happened to her character did they?

Well they do say create a character so I am guessing that means an original take?

Instead of Wayne's cousin maybe it's a daughter? (Just spitballing) maybe she was trained by Talia, Nyssa, and Thea with their new League of Heroes.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Strange choice, going to lose alot of connections to the lore unless she's a lost cousin or some other nonsense

Oct 25, 2017
Their solution is really just to Poochie her?

I must go, Gotham needs me.
Note: Batwoman died on the way back to Gotham.

Just recast, damn.

Strax

Oct 28, 2017
Ah, yes, Dougray Scott. The actor most notable for being fired from playing Wolverine in the X-Men movies. Yeah, I doubt anyone would realize he's gone.

That's a bit of a simplification and kinda untrue. He wasn't Wolverine because MI2 took too long to shoot and he's clearly best known for role and guest starring in Desperate Housewives for 18 eps, which was one of the biggest TV shows of 2000s.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
And there goes any interest I had in batwoman season 2, since it's basically a season 1 redo with a seemingly lesser character.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
As I said earlier, its a dumb. We know the excuse too as its built in. Time skip 3-6 months, Kate hasn't spoke to anyone since Bruce reached out to Luke so she went searching, Gotham needs a protector so her old buddy from training came to town to Azrael it.

What turns out to be a couple of months gig turns out to be.....TBA with the person smiling and the group happy.....Forget all of that and just have the new person Kate.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
It's going to be a completely new, out lesbian character playing Batwoman?

Ryan is the most dangerous type of fighter: highly skilled and wildly undisciplined. An out lesbian. Athletic. Raw. Passionate. Fallible. And very much not your stereotypical All-American hero.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's just uh... Alice and her dad I guess?

but then also uh what about everyone else so intrinsically linked to Kate's identity like Mary and uh Sophie?

I could live with starting over for everyone else (Well except for Mary too I guess)

But Alice was straight up carrying the show. Now there's no meat to whatever relationship she'll have with this new person. It doesn't even matter anymore how she's dealt with. Damn shame.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
There are three Black Canaries folks.

Not that I approve of the situation, but the Arrowverse will survive, though perhaps not the show.

EDIT: Four.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There are three Black Canaries folks.

Not that I approve of the situation, but the Arrowverse will survive.

Not even close to the same thing.

Also no one said the entire Arrowverse is screwed lol, it's just this one show that made a dumb decision

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Cancel Batwoman. Shelve the "Green Arrow Babies" pilot. Make a "Birds of Prey" series focused on Laurel and Alice, who's on a "revenge to redemption" arc after Hush kills Kate.