• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Normally I don't like anything Fortnite related but if it leads to users demanding RTX and DLSS in other games accelerating adoption I'm all for it.

Also I predict it now that streamers won't use this ever because they don't like how they suddenly have 380 instead of 400 fps.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Won't RTX give you a competitive advantage?

Reflections could theoretically do so, but Fortnite is a pretty long range and fast paced game much of the time, and competitive players will still likely value pure framerate for a constant benefit over the slight benefit in edge cases.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Precisely reflections. In those fully reflective windows for example, you could notice a player behind you that somebody playing without RT wouldn't
I think you'll find players more likely to keep settings lower so they have less details to worry about and a higher framerate.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty impressive implimentation. The game obviously isn't that impressive looking, but this makes a difference.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Almost every streamer that I watch play the game with every settings on Low in order to have the best framerate possible

But it would be an amazing option to have on next gen consoles at 1080/60, if possible

I would rather play that way instead of 4k/60, I think

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
It's not just reflections it's the entire suit.
GI, Shadows and AO. Only thing missing is raytrace transparencies. It's scheduled for this September.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Is it odd I'm downloading this just to check out RT? Never played it so hopefully I won't annoy people if I'm literally just walking about.