• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
What a shitshow, as expected.

This is one of the shittiest paper launch i've seen in hardware.

PS5 comparatively, even though i did not order one ( i could yesterday ), is a million times smoother than this shit.
PS5 actually had an inventory to sell, and didn't have bots and miners trying to snatch it the second it was up. Maybe PS5 going at random times was a blessing in disguise so they can't plan to take everything for themselves.

RJeddy

Dec 4, 2017
Did Amazon's supply even become available? It's the only site that didn't seem to crash but I dont think their pages changed at all?

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone actually see it say "in stock" on Nvidia?

No

But i had US & Canada pages up. US went from notify to out of stock, while Canada, i had filtered 3080 only, and it kept being "notify me" even long after US was out of stock.. i removed filter, and voila, out of stock, put filter on, notify me, filter off, out of stock..

Some cache in the Nvidia server is fucked. Bots/scalpers went around these?

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
People saying the PS5 was a breeze because they aren't in the Us lol. We were struggling with Best Buy's site for two hours last night until amazon randomly put them up

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
I did not have a chance to even add anything to any carts. I all vanished instantly.

Belladonna

Oct 30, 2017
Nvidia stock backend has been throwing error 500 for a while now. I'm not sure they ever put the cards as available because the site can't even check the stock for existing cards lol

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Made it to the end of ordering on Newegg only for it to be like "Yeah we don't got those any more" lol

Still holding out hope for B&H since they've been down from a bit before 9.

May 26, 2018
And now it's sold out on best buy for me.

Regular human beings never had a chance. Hyper bot-powered scalpers somehow had their foot in the gate from microsecond 1.

Internet merchants, y'all done fucked this up lol

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
lol @ whoever told me it wouldnt be as bad as PS5. Newegg is fucking worse than bestbuy.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
looks like i got lucky with scan. MSI trio, delivery tomorrow :) got my conformation email. Nvidia never worked. just stuck on notify me

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Haha, got my order in at least. Though, it is not for certain I will get an card right away with my stores rules. Though they keep an ordered order list, so I would be near the top at least.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Tried several of them but only saw them instock on Newegg. I clicked add to cart but the page crashed and by the time it came back it was out of stock.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Seems like I got one from Scan.

But damn they charge straight away, no time to even procrastinate over this decision it's like no fuck you gimme money now.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

nvidia.de worked again, but link doesn't really work :>

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Sorry for being a bit of an idiot, but how do bots get it first? Is it just computer software designed to buy as soon as it goes live?