• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing so many Tweets about stock issues on eBuyer after paying, while my order is still order placed. They're claiming they're going live at 2pm, so I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore. Still in limbo!

pavaloo

Oct 25, 2017
so a lot of outlets are doing the typical "free watchdogs + geforce now" bundle - does anyone expect amazon to do the same? have they ever?

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Never mind!

Your order for MSI GeForce RTX 3080 10GB GDDR6X GAMING X TRIO Ampere Graphics Card is being processed and payment has been taken successfully.

This means your order is moving through our warehouse and will soon be passed over to our couriers for delivery.

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck it, I'm gonna buy vouchers for Currys and hope I get one. Either get a card or stuck with £700 of vouchers and waiting for a restock 😬

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Is there consensus on which aftermarket cards or manufacturers are usually best for performance / thermals / reliability? Without spending an extra £1-200 on top?

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Scan are terrible. Definitely don't use them. In fact, that goes for everyone in here. Don't use Scan, ok? Definitely not. Nope. No-sir-ee.

(Scan are actually brilliant)

You had me in the first half haha!

Yeah that sucks somehow. Lets see how it plays out.

Yeah, lets see. I have about three cards in mind, the main one I was interested in was an EVGA card but I don't know if it will be available.

Anjoys

Avenger
Nov 10, 2017
I'm 20 minutes away from a currys pc world, I wonder if I should just go down there and see if I can buy one in-person...

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Hi! Just woke up, anything new in Germany/ Europe?

Also interested in this - gh.de has a few listed but the prices are inflated I think.
Gonna try and grab a FE today even if I'm more in the market for a 3070 with a WQHD setup. Would undervolt a little since that seems to deliver good results still.

Darktalon

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
I think EVGA accidentally priced these as Australian xD

LS3DKDA.png

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Also interested in this - gh.de has a few listed but the prices are inflated I think.
Gonna try and grab a FE today even if I'm more in the market for a 3070 with a WQHD setup. Would undervolt a little since that seems to deliver good results still.
Yeah, glad I'm awake now, time to prepare some tabs! :D
You can preorder some EVGA cards on amazon.de for the nice of just 2600€. link
Maybe the price will be adjusted at launch?
These listings are more than 12h old, I don't think inflating the price like that is allowed in Germany. #thatsillegal!

Greenlock

Oct 3, 2018
Looking at any card below 315mm. Distributor for nvidia in sweden is shite though so FE feels kinda uncertain. Any ideas on the quality on the other cards?

YonderOne

Nov 29, 2018
Perth, Australia
For Australian friends: PLE also confirms 11PM AEST for sale launch and they're also hosting a livestream beforehand with a 3080 Eagle up for grabs? (Starts at 10:45PM AEST.)

Also this (don't know if this is indicative of how many they're getting or not):

9Q5OZSP.png

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
So 2x 8 pin card or 3x 8 pin?
Decisions decisions.

Don't care much for OC but a factory 100 MHz boost would be appreciated, wondering if I can get that on a 2x8pin pin card without much trouble.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 20 minutes away from a currys pc world, I wonder if I should just go down there and see if I can buy one in-person...
They most likely won't have one in shop.
I asked them yesterday if Liverpool store will have stocks today and they said no, and instead said they will have stocks for online order from 18th.

Darktalon

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
So 2x 8 pin card or 3x 8 pin?
Decisions decisions.

Don't care much for OC but a factory 100 MHz boost would be appreciated, wondering if I can get that on a 2x8pin pin card without much trouble.
yes 100mhz is nothing. They were pushing 2050mhz in gamers nexus review at 375w limit, which is 300+? nvm looks like boost actually goes higher automatically than specified. here is exact chart. they are entering +100 to core, which should come out to clk 1810, because boost is 1710, but the reality is boost is going much higher than that automatically.

rtx-3080-fe-oc-stepping.png

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
I'm seriously contemplating selling my 2080TI and getting a 3080 but dunno if I will bother. I bought the 2080TI for 700€ as our company gives us huge discounts on these things at times, otherwise I would kicking myself right now.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017