• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nothing

Oct 30, 2017
I rang up SCAN UK who said their NDA means they couldn't even tell me the TIME today that orders would be going up. Poor dude was like "if you Google it and then guess I might be able to tell you if you are in the right ballpark" haha. I did and guessed "2 o'clock" and he replied "yes, just have your lunch first".

So 2PM UK time seems to be when the NDA and embargo lifts on orders in the UK. Anyone selling it before that time is breaking what seems to be a very strict NDA. So, basically, if you're in the UK, I'd chill for a few hours. I'm working but my girlfriend is primed and ready to repeatedly refresh the page on the Nvidia website for a FE card from 1:55!
The guys at my Microcenter did this too. Since when do regular sales associates have NDA's??? That's not even a thing.

btuger

Nov 26, 2017
e43kh1t.jpg

😮
I really hope so. I am going for an EVGA FTW3 either way but those red accents were bothering me.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
I rang up SCAN UK who said their NDA means they couldn't even tell me the TIME today that orders would be going up. Poor dude was like "if you Google it and then guess I might be able to tell you if you are in the right ballpark" haha. I did and guessed "2 o'clock" and he replied "yes, just have your lunch first".

So 2PM UK time seems to be when the NDA and embargo lifts on orders in the UK. Anyone selling it before that time is breaking what seems to be a very strict NDA. So, basically, if you're in the UK, I'd chill for a few hours. I'm working but my girlfriend is primed and ready to repeatedly refresh the page on the Nvidia website for a FE card from 1:55!
Legend. Thanks for this. Indeed, super frustrating way of handling this whole thing.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Went ahead and notified my credit card company about large purchase. Hoping to get a FE from Nvidia. Catch y'all in the morning.

Oct 29, 2017
If EVGA can still decide to change a design at this point, then I'm going to bet some of the cards from other vendors that didn't have a date yet literally do not exist outside of renders.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who doesn't know that much about graphics cards, what are the differences between 'founders edition' and the ones by other companties? Any companies that I should avoid?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
swappable outlines? :O

Went ahead and notified my credit card company about large purchase. Hoping to get a FE from Nvidia. Catch y'all in the morning.
I'm glad someone is listening to our advice.

Nothing will suck more than thinking you placed an order only for your CC to call you 2 hours later to tell you the charge didn't go through because they thought it was fraudulent.

Please, folks: Call your CC company NOW or in the AM and let them know a charge is coming and to not flag it. Don't become a horror story.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who doesn't know that much about graphics cards, what are the differences between 'founders edition' and the ones by other companties? Any companies that I should avoid?

The third party ones sometimes have better headroom for overclocking due to their cooling solutions. I'm personally avoiding ASUS because they use Uyghur slave labor.

Oct 29, 2017
swappable outlines? :O

I'm glad someone is listening to our advice.

Nothing will suck more than thinking you placed an order only for your CC to call you 2 hours later to tell you the charge didn't go through because they thought it was fraudulent.

Please, folks: Call your CC company NOW or in the AM and let them know a charge is coming and to not flag it. Don't become a horror story.
Good reminder. My CC that I used for online purchases has gone insane as of late. Flagged a mere $30 purchase the other day.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
Sooo... after all the reviews and testing, are the results pointing at a PSU upgrade being essential? I'm running a 650w PSU. I saw a review saying a minimum of 700 is required but not sure if that's just being on the safe side.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
Sooo... after all the reviews and testing, are the results pointing at a PSU upgrade being essential? I'm running a 650w PSU. I saw a review saying a minimum of 700 is required but not sure if that's just being on the safe side.

Depends on what else is being paired with the GPU..650W should be fine provided you aren't planning on doing an aggressive OC or running a super power hungry CPU

I forgot where but there was a review that said 650W was fine with an AMD 3600X...

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018

Will depend what else is in your system. In the Linus review the card power draw itself was directly measured and was consuming up to 350W on its own.

Provided it is a decent PSU it would probably be fine but I honestly think I would want more.

Oct 29, 2017
It's being on the safe side since they don't know what CPU you have. For instance, If you have a 32 core Threadripper that could be around 300W already not counting the GPU, but a 3600 should be fine.