• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
For those who bought on Overclockers, stock is being processed, with the warehouse staff apparently expecting the majority to be shipped Thursday. There were a few oversold though, so there's a slim chance you might be offered an alternative card

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Did anyone ever find out how Best Buy is moving or not moving their stock? It seems clear the items aren't warehoused and then shipped to the store in question when ordered.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I clicked the 3060ti alert the moment it showed up, Best Buy said available at my store for pickup in 5 days. Then the button took 10 minutes to turn yellow, and by that point it was sold out at my store, and then again at 9 miles away, and then sold out within 250 miles. I still have the card in my cart, I just can't check out :(
same shit, incredibly frustrating.

Shinoblee

Oct 28, 2017
Know that this isn't the thread for it but me and a friend seem to have scored a 3090 fe from best buy app. In store pickup. Might want to watch them for a minute.

scurker

Oct 25, 2017
How often does Best Buy Restock?

They've only had a couple of restocks so far. Last week on Dec 2 around 10:30am EST / 6:30am PST, and later that night around 9pm EST / 5pm PST. Today was the first once that I'm aware of since the initial release. If you missed out on this one I would check back later tonight.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo I used the HotStock app for an alert for the founders edition on BestBuy.

Thanks for whomever suggested using that earlier in this thread.

I'd highly recommend it!

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
stupid ol me, have another card listed for hotstock
Other cards went in stock at the same time, so if you had the right one, you could have tried for the FE when that card's alert went off - this was my mistake, I only thought of the Founder's Edition; only after I failed getting it did I think to look at the third party 3060's on BestBuy, and some of those had been in stock. Had I thought about that I could have tried for both Founder's and a third party

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Other cards went in stock at the same time, so if you had the right one, you could have tried for the FE when that card's alert went off - this was my mistake, I only thought of the Founder's Edition; only after I failed getting it did I think to look at the third party 3060's on BestBuy, and some of those had been in stock. Had I thought about that I could have tried for both Founder's and a third party
I'm probably gonna skip best buy anyway. their method seems arcane, even when I do make it on time. or maybe I'm just unlucky

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I'm really impressed with how well the Gigabyte card I received overclocks. I haven't done much fine tuning, but I was able to get an extra 10% in performance out of it pretty easily. +175 to the core (boosts to around 2150+ MHz and might be able to do +200, gonna have to test more) and +800 to the memory (this might be able to go a little higher as well but had issues at +1000). It barely ever exceeds 65C when benchmarking and wasn't hitting the power limit from what I could tell in PrecisionX.

Also DLSS is an absolute game changer. I know people have said that before, but doubling or tripling performance with almost no perceptible loss in IQ is seriously amazing.

The Kidd

Oct 27, 2017
For the people who ordered from Best Buy, have you been told that your order is ready? Mine is still being prepared and I'm scared they don't actually have one at my store location.

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
I managed to find a 1660 Ti for retail price for pickup at a local Best Buy so I'm gonna have to wait until stock is back in to get a 3x series NVIDIA card. I'm done with refreshing pages etc. until next year.

Oct 25, 2017
Realization just hit me with my 3060 Ti being ready this Saturday.

My monitor (Atron Vision AVF240) has no DP port. Only DVI-D, which has been my main cable, and HDMI 1.4 (which is only spec'd at 1080/120).

No modern card has DVI-D, only DP and HDMI 2.0/2.1 (1080/144+ easily).

I just now tried HDMI on my monitor and while HDMI works, when I increase it to 144Hz through a custom resolution (many monitors can do 144Hz on HDMI 1.4 if they lack extra stuff like VRR), it mostly works except in a few fringe cases where colors are too dark. Messenger (in dark mode) causes weird blue dots on my taskbar, and I just watched an MKBHD video that, while mostly consistent, had some dots on his forehead at times.

What do? I assume there are no adapters to make stuff work in the meantime due to analog-to-digital conversion, and I'm not really interested in getting a new monitor unless it can do 1440/144 around $200, so I'm blanking out.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017

My monitor (Atron Vision AVF240) has no DP port. Only DVI-D, which has been my main cable, and HDMI 1.4 (which is only spec'd at 1080/120).

I just now tried HDMI on my monitor and while HDMI works, when I increase it to 144Hz through a custom resolution (many monitors can do 144Hz on HDMI 1.4 if they lack extra stuff like VRR), it mostly works except in a few fringe cases where colors are too dark. Messenger (in dark mode) causes weird blue dots on my taskbar, and I just watched an MKBHD video that, while mostly consistent, had some dots on his forehead at times.

What do? I assume there are no adapters to make stuff work in the meantime due to analog-to-digital conversion, and I'm not really interested in getting a new monitor unless it can do 1440/144 around $200, so I'm blanking out.
Just use 120hz. The difference between 120/144 isn't that great, and indeed without VRR, 120hz is better for video content anyways.

Unless you're a competitive gamer, the difference in render time isn't going to effect you much.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space

Accept 1080p/120Hz and crank the hell out of the graphics settings?

That's really not a bad idea, it's how I use my RTX 2080 and 1080p/140Hz display.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I'm already planning on cranking the settings, 1440p will probably come next year or so. My dilemma was mainly 120Hz vs 144Hz.
I think you'll be fine with 120Hz vs 144Hz, the difference in perceived fluidity isn't earth shattering between them. Now 144Hz vs 240Hz is a different story. I've been spoiled by 240Hz and I feel my next upgrade is going to have to be to a 1440p/240Hz monitor, unless I buy a 2021 OLED.

My dream is that 2021 OLEDs support 240Hz on the lower resolutions. HDMI 2.1 technically supports 240Hz in 1080p and 1440p.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Newegg is starting to put this on all the RTX 3000 series card combos. So no more buy and returning the unwanted ram/mobo/psu/etc.

unknown.png

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Just means people will have to go through the minor hassle of reselling instead of returning.
True, but if it gives me an extra chance to actually grab a card b/c someone doesn't want to deal with that minor hassle then I'm happy. I'd have bought a ram combo by now if they had one in stock.

Edit: Did anyone try to get a card from Zotac's site? They had some 3060 TIs and 3070s. Their site crashed on me and I can't be bothered tonight to F5 for half an hour.

Last edited:

CursedOctopus

Oct 27, 2017
According to streetmerchant, the 3060ti keeps going in and out of stock at Newegg from a computer store across the world that is charging $850 for the card and about $150 for shipping with about three weeks shipping time. I think people are putting it in their carts and then having second thoughts and that's why I'm getting multiple alerts. I've had about 20 in stock notifications coming in about 2am. I really want the card, but I'm hoping stock will be better in three weeks...

Deleted member 19293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum

Various EVGA 3060 ti are showing up as "coming soon", same as next gen consoles (X, S, and PS5) so are likely being dropped sometime this morning if anyone is ready to hit F5 like crazy.
Well there was an internal memo that got leaked showing the PS5 restock. So I have no doubt the company will get them, just seriously doubt they'll be any in 250 miles of me.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Hey I got an order in! Didn't think it was possible.
nY7iWMp.png

Strix, so it costs as much as a 3070, heh. Oh well, I'm happy. Set to ship tomorrow!