• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
We aren't going to see ITX variants for a long time
Not even this one?

www.evga.com

EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC GAMING, 08G-P5-3663-KR, 8GB GDDR6, Dual-Fan, Metal Backplate

The EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti lets you take on the latest games using the power of Ampere - NVIDIA's 2nd generation RTX architecture. Get incredible performance with enhanced Ray Tracing Cores and Tensor Cores, new streaming multiprocessors, and high-speed G6 memory. Combined with the next...

Feb 12, 2019
graphic_card.png

Managed to snag a 3060ti during the most recent Newegg drop, thanks to HotStock notifications. Because I clicked "add to cart" on the literal first thing it notified me about, I ended up paying $480 for one of ASUS's ridiculous cards (not entirely sure what the extra $80 gets me other than "it has three fans") but I'm just happy I managed to get something.

Anyway, for the rest of you still searching, I'm pulling for you. This is dumb and ridiculous.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
graphic_card.png

Managed to snag a 3060ti during the most recent Newegg drop, thanks to HotStock notifications. Because I clicked "add to cart" on the literal first thing it notified me about, I ended up paying $480 for one of ASUS's ridiculous cards (not entirely sure what the extra $80 gets me other than "it has three fans") but I'm just happy I managed to get something.

Anyway, for the rest of you still searching, I'm pulling for you. This is dumb and ridiculous.
Nice, and that's the app I'm using as well to get notified of the RTX 3060 Ti.

Eternia

Oct 25, 2017
graphic_card.png

Grats. The TUF has a really nice (and gigantic!) cooler. I don't know if it'll show in gaming performance but as someone who has picked bad or poor budget/midrange cards, I got really tired of noisy and hot coolers. Now this runs super cool and is whisper quiet even in my Meshify C running only two 120mm front fans. What a difference coming from my previous EVGA FTW2 1070 Ti that also had coil whine.

The only negative is now I'm bothered by the GPU sagging so I need to find something to prop it up.

WRC

Oct 28, 2017
this graphic card stock is ridicously absurd, in spain retailers have 0 cards, and even then i saw a 3060 ti for 580€ like wtf?? and now because they have 0 stock on all the mkodels even past ones like 2000 series or xt on amd, they now are selling like 1660 ti for 350€, it's a completily joke all arround...

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
Just an FYI, there's a Discord for local Micro Centers. If you happen to live within a reasonable distance of one, it's one of the easiest ways to get a graphics card since they don't sell them online. They're very helpful, and often the guys who wait in line for hours will let others know the daily stock situation so you don't have to freeze your ass off.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Just an FYI, there's a Discord for local Micro Centers. If you happen to live within a reasonable distance of one, it's one of the easiest ways to get a graphics card since they don't sell them online. They're very helpful, and often the guys who wait in line for hours will let others know the daily stock situation so you don't have to freeze your ass off.

[Hidden content]
Thanks for this, will be useful since both Microcenters in Georgia are an hour plus away from me.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Hoping for another 4:00 pm #dump from Newegg. I'll be prepared this time!

Edit: yesssssss got the Gigabyte Gaming OC Pro! Accidentally ordered an extra PSU from one of the previous bundles though, so that's annoying. >_>

Last edited:

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
damn, was F5'ing the whole time on multiple product pages, and never saw the 'notify' link change to order, rip.

Oct 25, 2017
damn, was F5'ing the whole time on multiple product pages, and never saw the 'notify' link change to order, rip.
CTRL+Shift+R clears the cache for the page when refreshing (with limited success), and I recommend you use the general search page versus individual product pages to make sure you see stuff in stock.

Oh also all of the past few NE drops have been combos, not individual cards. Gonna have to cough up an extra $50-200 and return the unneeded bonus after you get the card.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope people are patient and don't pay scalper prices for these cards. Small die, only GDDR6, shortages shouldn't last very long. This is no 3080, so please don't FOMO thinking it will be the same.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
Gpus are growing so fast I didn't expect my 2080 to only have 1 year before being out done but 60 series.

Scubamonk

Oct 30, 2017

[Hidden content]
Thanks for the heads-up. Got one right down the street.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope people are patient and don't pay scalper prices for these cards. Small die, only GDDR6, shortages shouldn't last very long. This is no 3080, so please don't FOMO thinking it will be the same.
It's almost twice cheaper though which means that the demand on it will be several times higher than on 3080.

saelz8

Dec 25, 2017
Finally. I wasn't playing with this one. Missed the Newegg combo drops on Thursday, so made sure I was ready on Friday. Did a test run order with the Newegg app using Apple Pay 15 minutes before the drop was expected. Made sure my session was active and didn't require re-authentication or sign-in.

Filtered my search in the Newegg app just to the combos I wanted ("3060 ti msi combo") so they were the only results, then waited. Refreshed on both the site on my computer, as well as on my phone, about every 30 seconds in order to not be IP banned.

3 minutes or so after 4PST. Refreshed, and selected the cheapest "MSI 3060 Ti Combo" which showed in stock. Pressed Apple Pay. Checked out, all within the span of 10 seconds. An 'Apple Pay was charged' email was sent to me immediately.

Checked my order history to discover, despite selecting a combo, the transaction was actually for a single card. Lucky.

In summary: I got the card I intended to get, but despite expecting to pay more for a combo and likely return the add-on item, it actually checked-out for a single card. Win-win.

Also, Apple Pay is a killer-app in the COVID-Era consumer, limited supply, arms race. It's literally the fastest way to pay.

f6DpUPo.png

CLFN

Sep 6, 2018
I ordered 1 from memory express and it still hasn't shipped yet.
Anyone else get 1 from memory express?

edit: nevermind my order status got updated to " Status: WaitingForParts "
guess the scalper bots beat me.

Last edited:

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017

[Hidden content]
Aight lemme see this.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018

[Hidden content]

let me see that content, pls!

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone that got a Best Buy order in at launch.. is everyone's expected availability to pick up this Wednesday?

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

[Hidden content]
Let me see what you got.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Australian retailers once again gouging hard on this, the damn retailers in my country have moaned for years about digital & people buying from overseas until the government stepped in with regulations & taxes, all right that's fine, but then they charge $750-799 for this when it should be $599 or less, for comparison, i got a GTX 980 for $699 in 2014, which was $549 in USA, it was actually cheaper to buy from retailers than overseas at the time.

Shit i might as well grab a Series S & become a mainly console gamer until Amazon can destroy my countries retailers for good, it's a shame Bezos will get even richer & people will lose jobs, but the greedy folk at the top have it coming.

Last edited:

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Australian retailers once again gouging hard on this, the damn retailers in my country have moaned for years about digital & people buying from overseas until the government stepped in with regulations & taxes, all right that's fine, but then they charge $750-799 for this when it should be $599 or less, for comparison, i got a GTX 980 for $699 in 2014, which was $549 in USA, it was actually cheaper to buy from retailers than overseas at the time.

Shit i might as well grab a Series S & become a mainly console gamer until Amazon can destroy my countries retailers for good, it's a shame Bezos will get even richer & people will lose jobs, but the greedy folk at the top have it coming.

FWIW I heard nvidia set the base price here at 688 so if you even wanted an official version from australia it's still not going to be 599 lol.

scurker

Oct 25, 2017
Did Best Buy ever do another drop? I've been watching them pretty closely and haven't seen anything.

Aside from NewEgg are there any other online retailers I should be keeping an eye on? I don't have a microcenter near me.

Oct 25, 2017
Did Best Buy ever do another drop? I've been watching them pretty closely and haven't seen anything.

Aside from NewEgg are there any other online retailers I should be keeping an eye on? I don't have a microcenter near me.
Nothing yet, I really want the FE so I'm kinda hoping we'll see something this week.

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017

[Hidden content]

Thank you! I think this is going to be my best chance at this point.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
From benchmarks I've seen it averages around 10% weaker than a 3070. So realistically you could prob overclock it to 3070 speeds and save $100. I ordered one of these earlier and also use Virtual Desktop if that gives you any indication of how comfortable I feel about it.
That's regular usage right? the 3070 has more tensor cores I presume, so it would be better at raytracing, and possibly DLSS?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't check out because it's not available anywhere. where the fuck is the available at then?

EDIT: now not available in 250Mi. this method is the worst

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Would a card like this be able to endure the whole generation?

The price seems to be very reasonable.

For some reason i feel this is going to be the average PC player choice this gen, like the 1060 was.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I clicked the 3060ti alert the moment it showed up, Best Buy said available at my store for pickup in 5 days. Then the button took 10 minutes to turn yellow, and by that point it was sold out at my store, and then again at 9 miles away, and then sold out within 250 miles. I still have the card in my cart, I just can't check out :(