• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Moose the Fattest Cat

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Their newest single is a perfect encapsulation of the D.

Recently went back to listen to the most recent two albums, and... Rize of the Feenix kicks major ass.

The old HBO show still rules.

I made a best of / somewhat narrative playlist you can use as an intro/overview/revisit.

Long live the D

Last edited:

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
The D still rules. Fuck, now I'm listening to them on Spotify.

Beezleboss is such a boss of a song.Apparently they have a show coming up in The Netherlands next month.I might have to consider it.

Last edited:

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Despite following Jack Black's YT channel so seeing quite a bit of the band over recent months... I've just realised I've never actually sat down and listened to anything of theirs. Gonna rectify that over the next few days.

OP
OP
Moose the Fattest Cat

Moose the Fattest Cat

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
The D still rules. Fuck, now I'm listening to them on Spotify.

Beezleboss is such a boss of a song.Apparently they have a show coming up in The Netherlands next month.I might have consider it.

It's a fun revisit! I put together this best of / somewhat narrative Spotify playlist.

edit: added it to the OP

Last edited:

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
puck123.jpg

chogidogs

Oct 25, 2017
Legit one of my favorite bands. They are so good at condensing their ideas and not overstaying their welcome.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I've found the quality of their work to have declined over the years but there's always at least a couple good songs on everything they put out.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Saw them live a little while back. They did their latest CD in its entirety and then performed a setlist full of most of their best songs (the only stand out omission was Master Exploder). Had a great time and the were fucking hilarious.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
somewhere on the internet there exists a video of me and my friends singing "fuck her gently"

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
I'm a massive fan and got to meet the band after the Atlanta show last August. Hilarious people and Jack gave me his half eaten burger from Wahlburgers. Rize of the Fenix is their best work, and doesn't g

Hell yeah...

I especially love this forgotten dreamy gem, the Jesus Ranch song

In Atlanta, a guy in the audience next to me kept shouting Jesus Ranch the entire show and after the normal show and encore, the band acknowledged him and played it. Was the first time it had been played in a loooong time and you could tell in some spots, but it was an experience to hear it pulled out like that!

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't get Rize on first listen when it came out, then gave it a second listen about a month later and it became my favourite D album and still is. Señorita is an absolute tune.

Alastor3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

A lot of people doesn't know but they released a new "movie" made in MS Paint with lots of new songs

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Listening to Rize of the Fenix for the first time in awhile, and wow, that's a tasty jam.

Wait a minute, 2012??? Time, you foul beast, slow up a sec.

OP
OP
Moose the Fattest Cat

Moose the Fattest Cat

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Well it's a damn good song :)

I love Death Star over how silly it is, as well as 39.

I also love the Flutes and Trombones skit track haha

Every song on the album is great, honestly. Rize of the Fenix is definitely their best overall album, I think, with the best ratio of tasty jams to skippable tracks. I only really skip the Classical Teacher skit.

No one's even brought up the MVP track of the album -- The Ballad of Hollywood Jack and the Rage Kage