• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 25, 2018

Rampage is a game in which you destroy a city, it's fun as and gets super chaotic with multiple players. Eating people on the streets or out of buildings was classic.

I wonder if they ever have thought about a remake, we obviously have the technology to do a full city. Would be awesome to just go around and destroy everything with a full scale city. Never played the PS2 one, but I remember running World Tour on my PSP and PS3.

Anyway, returning to this game brought back a lot of memories. One of the games that taught me how to play. Definitely has shown its age, but for a home console version it apparently was better than the arcade.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A shame we didn't get a double pack of World Tour and Universal Tour released as a downloadable game alongside the movie.

Total Destruction was a fun enough time. Not as good as the N64 games, but the sheer amount of monsters you could play as kept it interesting.

Rampage Through Time was absolute trash.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I love Rampage. I first played it on the Spectrum, in 1988! I've loved smashing up cities ever since. The closest thing I've played recently is Godzilla, but that was quite lumbering compared to Rampage.

Rampage-R.png

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love Rampage. I first played it on the Spectrum, in 1988! I've loved smashing up cities ever since. The closest thing I've played recently is Godzilla, but that was quite lumbering compared to Rampage.

Rampage-R.png

found out the other day you can set the players to be CPU controlled drones in the spectrum port, which is pretty cool.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it a good port? I didn't play the arcade version until around a decade later, so never compared them directly.

Played a ton of Rampage ports, they're honestly all pretty good. Even the Atari 2600 port. Rampage, like R-Type, was one of those games that just translated well to multiple computers.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Me snd my brothers loved this game on the ps1
I wouldnt mind replaying it myself altho i would want to play the better games in the series :3

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I played Rampage: Total Destruction on the gamecube. I had no idea its a series that existed long before that. Interesting.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played Rampage: Total Destruction on the gamecube. I had no idea its a series that existed long before that. Interesting.

THe original was one of the first really zany wacky games around.It's big draw was how interactive the levels were. They'd be full of all sorts of items in the building, like bathtubs or electric signs. You could interact with lots of objects in different ways, like if you ate a bathtub, it would break the pipe and water would shoot out. There was also a woman who would appear that you could grab and hold ala king kong, and doing so would raise your health IIRC.

May 24, 2019
I dunno if the NES game was just programmed terribly, but this has to be the starkest comparison between two ports on Nintendo and Sega's 8-bit consoles.

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
I have such fond memories of this game. First played it in an arcade while on vacation in the US in 1986, then got the C64 port a few years later. When I got the Master System version after that, I was really impressed with it. Completed that one quite a few times!

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I played the new one at D&B a few times and it's pretty fun. The 64 one was real good tho.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have such fond memories of this game. First played it in an arcade while on vacation in the US in 1986, then got the C64 port a few years later. When I got the Master System version after that, I was really impressed with it. Completed that one quite a few times!

I remember beating the SMS version with my dad in 2 player mode as a kid as a rental from Blockbuster. Stands out as a really strong memory because it was rare to "beat" a game back in those days, especially a rental. I also remember we just kept playing and playing, and we were both really surprised when the game actually ended.

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
I remember beating the SMS version with my dad in 2 player mode as a kid as a rental from Blockbuster. Stands out as a really strong memory because it was rare to "beat" a game back in those days, especially a rental. I also remember we just kept playing and playing, and we were both really surprised when the game actually ended.
Yeah, that was pretty surprising to me too. The arcade game is endless, isn't it?

Also: welcome back, Krejlooc! We missed your insightful knowledge of retro games and consoles :)

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
Rampage was the first game I ever got on a home system. I was gifted a Commodore 64 and Rampage at Christmas 1988.

I've always thought the game/series was super fun. My favorite is World Tour, but all of the are good fun.