• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
With all of the hype for the upcoming Final Fantasy VII Remake (especially after the recent demo leak), I've been itching to dive back into the original game in the meantime. I debated picking the PS4 version back up to finish, but the classic iffy English translation was really bugging me this time, even with some of the touchups that Square Enix has made over the years. I eventually settled on trying out the PC version, with two mods installed: Reunion, and Remako.

Here's what both mods do, for those who don't know what they are:

• The Reunion is a collection of seven mods (each of which can be enabled or disabled as the user wishes) for Final Fantasy VII that all work together to make the game a lot more polished. The mods are as follows (with some descriptions taken from the original thread on Qhimm):
    • Beacause: "Beacause is a Final Fantasy VII relocalization. It is a complete retranslation and relocalization from the ground up, using the original Japanese script. The aim is to have an end product that is accurate and professional. Official sources have been used to minimize errors in context and spelling. The project's name "Beacause" comes from a misspelling (in the original localization) of the only line spoken by Jenova." (description taken word-for-word from the original page)
    • Menu Enhancement: The Menu Enhancement portion of The Reunion fixes "thousands of menu alignment issues" and also makes many other changes to the game's user interface, including improvement to font spacing, adding the original PlayStation buttons prompts back into the game, allowing more items in menus, and more.
    • Audio Replacement: This fixes many bugs with the game's original sound module, on top of adding in sound effects recorded from the original PS1 version of the game, making it so that FMV audio is affected by the config volume settings, and also making it so that FMV audio doesn't mute when the game is out of focus.
    • Weapon: "This [work-in-progress] mod attempts to address the [game's] imbalance, and make the player think more about their actions in game. For example, in battle, rather than pressing attack continually, a player will be encouraged to think about which attacks will hurt a particular enemy. A mechanical enemy will succumb much more easily to lightning attacks than anything else. Weapon tries not to inflate difficulty artificially through high HP amounts or cheap gimmicks. Weapon will also address the game-play outside of battle. For example, script changes have been made, the price of goods will be altered, and various mini-games have been modified."
    • Model Overhaul: Self-explanatory. This mod replaces most models in the game to look less dated. This model mostly affects overworld models, but some battle models are replaced too.
    • 60 FPS Battles: This mod lets you increase the framerate in the game's battles from 15 FPS to 60 FPS (including things like the battle menu and interactive Limit Breaks), making it more responsive and more similar to the original PlayStation version. There's also an option to use interpolated model animations if you'd like to try them out.
    • SOLDIER Quest: "99 1:35 Soldiers will be hidden throughout the world as collectables."
  • Remako replaces the game's FMVs, pre-rendered backgrounds, textures in battle and on the world map, and several other textures with higher resolution versions created by taking the original files and enhancing them with an AI upscaling tool. The results look much less pixelated, and are much easier to make out details of.
Now, I initially had an absolutely grand (read: awful) time trying to get both of these installed. You're normally supposed to use a mod manager called 7th Heaven, but in order to do so, you have to convert your Steam FF7 install to the original 1998 PC version, and then there are also other things that can go wrong. I was unable to get it working correctly (the game wouldn't even start for me after the first few attempts), but thankfully, someone on Steam put up a handy guide a few hours before I started doing all of this last night, and their guide has worked really well for me. Bonus points for not requiring the conversion or 7th Heaven at all. Here's the guide if anyone's interested.

I've been playing the game for several hours today with Remako, Beacause, the model overhaul, and the 60 FPS battle mod with interpolated animations enabled, and it has been fantastic. I really think this may end up being (in my opinion) the definitive way to play the original FF7 in the modern age; the redone translation really helps make the dialogue a lot more clear to understand while still retaining a lot of the charm of the original release (and making Barret's dialogue a lot less, um, stereotypical), the updated models make the game feel a whole lot less dated, and Remako just does absolute wonders for most of the backgrounds, though some text on them still just isn't readable due to how low-res and pixelated the original backgrounds were.

If anyone hasn't seen these mods together before, I recorded some no-commentary gameplay of the game's opening and uploaded it to YouTube, which I've embedded below. Just keep in mind that the way I had my game set up is entirely optional, and the mod has a few different settings so you can make it closer to what you'd like. Namely, I had the 60 FPS battles mod enabled with interpolated animations, which causes some camera cuts to lag behind the animation. I also had transparent dialogue boxes enabled, which are similarly optional. (Also, I don't actually do much with my channel, so hopefully this video isn't seen as self-promotion of some sort)

My only real complaint at the moment is that for the relocalization, some names were changed; for instance, Marlene is now Marin. There's an option when you first install Reunion to use the original / official Square Enix translations for names, but it doesn't appear to quite affect all of them. It really isn't much of a complaint since it's pretty minor (at least so far), but still something that bugs me just a little bit. It's absolutely worth it, though, for the rest of the changes that Beacause makes to the game's script. It really is night and day for me compared to the kind of shoddy script that Square Enix has insisted on using and updating since 1997.

Has anyone else tried these mods before? How do you feel about them? And do you think they make it difficult to go back to the original game, or do you think that they make the experience different enough that they don't replace the original game?

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Yeah, I always wanted to try all of these, but the installation steps look so painfully complicated. That guide looks handy and very recent. It's still a bit too complicated compared to something like FFIX Moguri mod though. But still, thank's for the heads up, I'll keep it in mind if I have the urge to install it later.

Oct 27, 2017
With all of the hype for the upcoming Final Fantasy VII Remake (especially after the recent demo leak), I've been itching to dive back into the original game in the meantime. I debated picking the PS4 version back up to finish, but the classic iffy English translation was really bugging me this time, even with some of the touchups that Square Enix has made over the years. I eventually settled on trying out the PC version, with two mods installed: Reunion, and Remako.

Here's what both mods do, for those who don't know what they are:

• The Reunion is a collection of seven mods (each of which can be enabled or disabled as the user wishes) for Final Fantasy VII that all work together to make the game a lot more polished. The mods are as follows (with some descriptions taken from the original thread on Qhimm):
    • Beacause: "Beacause is a Final Fantasy VII relocalization. It is a complete retranslation and relocalization from the ground up, using the original Japanese script. The aim is to have an end product that is accurate and professional. Official sources have been used to minimize errors in context and spelling. The project's name "Beacause" comes from a misspelling (in the original localization) of the only line spoken by Jenova." (description taken word-for-word from the original page)
    • Menu Enhancement: The Menu Enhancement portion of The Reunion fixes "thousands of menu alignment issues" and also makes many other changes to the game's user interface, including improvement to font spacing, adding the original PlayStation buttons prompts back into the game, allowing more items in menus, and more.
    • Audio Replacement: This fixes many bugs with the game's original sound module, on top of adding in sound effects recorded from the original PS1 version of the game, making it so that FMV audio is affected by the config volume settings, and also making it so that FMV audio doesn't mute when the game is out of focus.
    • Weapon: "This [work-in-progress] mod attempts to address the [game's] imbalance, and make the player think more about their actions in game. For example, in battle, rather than pressing attack continually, a player will be encouraged to think about which attacks will hurt a particular enemy. A mechanical enemy will succumb much more easily to lightning attacks than anything else. Weapon tries not to inflate difficulty artificially through high HP amounts or cheap gimmicks. Weapon will also address the game-play outside of battle. For example, script changes have been made, the price of goods will be altered, and various mini-games have been modified."
    • Model Overhaul: Self-explanatory. This mod replaces most models in the game to look less dated. This model mostly affects overworld models, but some battle models are replaced too.
    • 60 FPS Battles: This mod lets you increase the framerate in the game's battles from 15 FPS to 60 FPS (including things like the battle menu and interactive Limit Breaks), making it more responsive and more similar to the original PlayStation version. There's also an option to use interpolated model animations if you'd like to try them out.
    • SOLDIER Quest: "99 1:35 Soldiers will be hidden throughout the world as collectables."
  • Remako replaces the game's FMVs, pre-rendered backgrounds, textures in battle and on the world map, and several other textures with higher resolution versions created by taking the original files and enhancing them with an AI upscaling tool. The results look much less pixelated, and are much easier to make out details of.
Now, I initially had an absolutely grand (read: awful) time trying to get both of these installed. You're normally supposed to use a mod manager called 7th Heaven, but in order to do so, you have to convert your Steam FF7 install to the original 1998 PC version, and then there are also other things that can go wrong. I was unable to get it working correctly (the game wouldn't even start for me after the first few attempts), but thankfully, someone on Steam put up a handy guide a few hours before I started doing all of this last night, and their guide has worked really well for me. Bonus points for not requiring the conversion or 7th Heaven at all. Here's the guide if anyone's interested.

I've been playing the game for several hours today with Remako, Beacause, the model overhaul, and the 60 FPS battle mod with interpolated animations enabled, and it has been fantastic. I really think this may end up being (in my opinion) the definitive way to play the original FF7 in the modern age; the redone translation really helps make the dialogue a lot more clear to understand while still retaining a lot of the charm of the original release (and making Barret's dialogue a lot less, um, stereotypical), the updated models make the game feel a whole lot less dated, and Remako just does absolute wonders for most of the backgrounds, though some text on them still just isn't readable due to how low-res and pixelated the original backgrounds were.

If anyone hasn't seen these mods together before, I recorded some no-commentary gameplay of the game's opening and uploaded it to YouTube, which I've embedded below. One thing I'd like to note: I had the 60 FPS battle mod enabled with the interpolated animations, but YouTube has seemingly decided to upload the video at 30 FPS instead. The settings I used caused a bit of weirdness with some of the camera cuts in battle, so if any of them look a bit odd, that's why. Just keep in mind that the way I had my game set up is entirely optional, and the mod has a few different settings so you can make it closer to what you'd like, if you even want to enable it to begin with. I also had transparent dialogue boxes enabled, which are similarly optional. (Also, I don't actually do much with my channel, so hopefully this video isn't seen as self-promotion of some sort)

My only real complaint at the moment is that for the relocalization, some names were changed; for instance, Marlene is now Marin. There's an option when you first install Reunion to use the original / official Square Enix translations for names, but it doesn't appear to quite affect all of them. It really isn't much of a complaint since it's pretty minor (at least so far), but still something that bugs me just a little bit. It's absolutely worth it, though, for the rest of the changes that Beacause makes to the game's script. It really is night and day for me compared to the kind of shoddy script that Square Enix has insisted on using and updating since 1997.

Has anyone else tried these mods before? How do you feel about them? And do you think they make it difficult to go back to the original game, or do you think that they make the experience different enough that they don't replace the original game?

The collection should include the Néo-Midgar mod, it's a French retranslation and is very useful: https://ff7.fr/neo-midgar/

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I always wanted to try all of these, but the installation steps look so painfully complicated. That guide looks handy and very recent. It's still a bit too complicated compared to something like FFIX Moguri mod though. But still, thank's for the heads up, I'll keep it in mind if I have the urge to install it later.
I'll at least vouch for the guide in the OP as being much less painful to follow than the original install guides for these mods. It does still require a lot of steps, but it's a lot more easy and error-proof, I've found.

I definitely recommend giving these mods a try sometime, or at least some combination of them. I really like that you can enable, disable, or customize many of them as you see fit.

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
It took me a solid 8 hours of testing and retesting to get everything to work...but I can confidently tell you it's worth it.

The scenario updates in New Threat alone are actually incredible, and worth the title of 'Remaster' even if it's fanmade. If you enjoy FFVII, it's worth the effort and time.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I believe the newest version of Beacause can be installed through an .exe file very easily. It's the other mods that still require 7th Heaven.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Quick question. I just build my rig not to long ago. Do I need a separate HDD or SSD to make the remako mods work?

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I was an idiot and recorded my video in the OP at 30 FPS instead of 60. I re-recorded some gameplay (with a lot more included), currently uploading to YouTube. I'll put it in the OP once it's done.

I believe the newest version of Beacause can be installed through an .exe file very easily. It's the other mods that still require 7th Heaven.
The guide I linked to in the OP doesn't require 7th Heaven at all, thankfully. You can install all of the ones I mentioned without needing it.

Quick question. I just build my rig not to long ago. Do I need a separate HDD or SSD to make the remako mods work?
Nah. You should be able to install this on your main drive if you wish.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Remako is... ok. Man does it ever make a mess of some of the backgrounds. Take a look at what it does to the floor grates and walls while you're going through the security gates in Mako Reactor 1, as just one example.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I was an idiot and recorded my video in the OP at 30 FPS instead of 60. I re-recorded some gameplay (with a lot more included), currently uploading to YouTube. I'll put it in the OP once it's done.

The guide I linked to in the OP doesn't require 7th Heaven at all, thankfully. You can install all of the ones I mentioned without needing it.

Nah. You should be able to install this on your main drive if you wish.

Yea but I won't get the trophy support, so that's why I didn't bother yet. Won't do it until like first week of February.

OldGamer

Jul 6, 2019
Reunion (aka the DLPB Translation) seems like the way to go as far as retranslation mods go, but it looks like it is still being polished to this day.

Not too interested in the HD packs. The graphics and resolution I'd rather not monkey with.

SuperHans

Oct 27, 2017
Wish there was a way to mod the shadows in the battles. Always hated those big dark circles.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
The new video finished uploading. It shows off the 60 FPS battles better, and also goes a bit beyond the Mako Reactor; I stopped playing after meeting up with Tifa.

Wish there was a way to mod the shadows in the battles. Always hated those big dark circles.
They do stick out a bit, yeah.

Yea but I won't get the trophy support, so that's why I didn't bother yet. Won't do it until like first week of February.
That's fair. I wish there were a way to run these mods without disabling achievements. (Unless there is a way and I'm not aware of it?)

Remako is... ok. Man does it ever make a mess of some of the backgrounds. Take a look at what it does to the floor grates and walls while you're going through the security gates in Mako Reactor 1, as just one example.
Some of it can look a little dodgy, yeah. Certain text in backgrounds that wasn't readable before sticks out like a sore thumb. I still think the mod is worth using though, since it makes most of the background elements look a lot more clear and defined.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
OP, what version are you playing? How did you get the PSX controller layouts like that? I NEED TO KNOW.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
REALLY? Man, I gotta get this SSD in Feburary but I can't do the 60FPS battles it seems too smooth. I prefer the cinematic way like in the original. I know 15-30 FPS.
The 60 FPS is 100% optional. Reunion's config file lets you choose between disabled, enabled (basically only affects the menu navigation, interacting with certain Limit Breaks, etc.), or enabled with interpolated animations (which is what I've been using). If you just enable it without the interpolation, the animations are normal, but the menu just feels snappier. I recommend at least doing that.

Last edited:

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I installed this and now Reunions setting to make running the default move speed doesn't work.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017

The work they did in Remako is pretty nuts... makes me want to try this.

Just wish someone would make an easy installer for all of this.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Reunion is simple to use, plus the 60fps mod is a must. Remako and 7th Heaven are a pain in the ass though.

EDIT: Woah, a new guide? Need to try it ASAP.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
FF7 mods are amazing, the only problem & it's a big one, the modding community really doesn't get along, the creator of the reunion mod hates 7th heaven, which i get because it's one of the worst mod managers ever with DRM on top because im a pirate apparently, yarr harr. I mention this anyway because there is no good way to get reunion & new threat working together because reunion hasn't been updated for 7th heaven, it really really sucks.

Last edited:

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely enjoy the Reunion mod and think it's pretty essential, the amount of work that went into the relocalization is extremely impressive. I've played with the enhanced graphics mods as well, and I think the experience is different enough that I can say it doesn't really replace the original game for me, but it's still a fun way to play.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Jesus Christ, I'd never even gotten past Midgard in FFVII, so I bought a PSClassic just now to finish it, and I'm on my way to the forest of the ancients, but this video looks freaking insane in comparison, guess I'll have to replay some of the game once I'm done with it

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
I still have yet to figure out how to install Nomura Concept Mod (not the name) since I started to use Final Heaven. It has Stopped my most recent playthrough in its tracks in Wall Market after finding the mod on Nexus.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks OP for bringing this alternate (and faster) way to install reunion + remake to our attention, without the need to convert the steam version.

I just played the bombing run with all the original content except for remako, the 60fps interpolated animations (which have some issues here and there, like the damage appearing before some movements are completed) and the FF7 remake version of the song.

Unfortunately, i wasn't able to speed up the game with select + x, and the trainer i made with cheat engine isn't compatible with the 60fps battles. If only there was an easy way to have the qol options from the ps4/switch versions.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
I installed this last year but it failed to work with ReShade ( I needed that for a scanlines shader overlay, with Reunion I got a black screen when switching from the menu to the dungeon/town screen). So I ended up uninstalling and playing it on the Switch.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Those 3d models when walking around look like the models used in battle. That's actually a pretty cool idea, still retains the low-poly PlayStation look to the game. The original graphics still have a special place in my heart though.

I haven't tried any of those, but now you kind of made want to lol.

My FF7's: Original Mint PS1 Black Label (w/ manual), Switch Dual Pack, PC

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who is interested in a new take on FF7 should try the New Threat mod.

Its essentially a complete remix, remaster of the whole game. Rebalanced moves, stats, new enemies, new quests, new bosses. A bit of everything.

Its a much more difficult game as well. For those looking for more challenge.

[FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)

Lastdancer

Nov 1, 2017
I'm currently in the process of using the guide linked in the OP to mod my steam copy for use with Reunion and Remako mods. However, I do want to try the new threat mod, too. Is it going to cause trouble if I install new threat after I finish installing the Reunion and Remako mods?

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I seem to have hit an impasse in my game. I'm at the part right after the sewers and train graveyard where you run up the pillar's stairs in Sector 7 (seeing Biggs and Jessie along the way). When I talk to Barret at the top, Cloud and Tifa go to move to their positions for the cutscene, but Tifa just keeps running into the middle of the pillar. This happens even if I disable Remako and the model overhaul mod. Anyone seen this before?

EDIT: Tried disabling Reunion and Remako entirely, and I'm still running into the problem. Really hope it isn't somehow a problem with my save file or something. :|

Last edited:

Lastdancer

Nov 1, 2017
it would have to be an issue with the game files, I'd imagine, rather than a save file. Maybe something to do with the game file/s that were patched when the reunion mod was installed?

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
it would have to be an issue with the game files, I'd imagine, rather than a save file. Maybe something to do with the game file/s that were patched when the reunion mod was installed?
True, the save file being the problem wouldn't make much sense. I'll try playing the vanilla game with a fresh install and see what happens.

EDIT: Just tried a fresh install and it's still doing it. Hm.

Last edited:

Pavemaniac

Sep 10, 2019
Good to see someone spreading the word about The Reunion Mod, LukarWuff. Hopefully once R07 is released - the version where the localization is expected to be finalized, the mod will go on to become more widely name-checked amongst fans and regularly recommended to first-time players.

My only real complaint at the moment is that for the relocalization, some names were changed; for instance, Marlene is now Marin. There's an option when you first install Reunion to use the original / official Square Enix translations for names, but it doesn't appear to quite affect all of them.
That's strange. Marlene's name should be unchanged if you chose the 'incorrect/original' names (or whenever DLPB named the option) when installing the mod. Seeming as you've had to reinstall the mod, maybe it will corrected. You should probably notify the official Qhimm thread if her name is still appearing as 'Marin'.

Some of it can look a little dodgy, yeah. Certain text in backgrounds that wasn't readable before sticks out like a sore thumb. I still think the mod is worth using though, since it makes most of the background elements look a lot more clear and defined.
Satsuki's SYW Mod is generally the recommended HD mod to use. Satsuki doesn't have a flashy site and won't be spotted hoping around Reddit to promote his mod but he does run it through more stringent control checks and is constantly improving his work.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
NGL that video looks great and makes me wanna try but it looks too complicated and time consuming to install.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I still haven't been able to get my Sector 7 Pillar bug fixed. I ended up just switching back to the PS4 version. :(

Oct 27, 2017
Murfreesboro, TN
Anyone who is interested in a new take on FF7 should try the New Threat mod.

Its essentially a complete remix, remaster of the whole game. Rebalanced moves, stats, new enemies, new quests, new bosses. A bit of everything.

Its a much more difficult game as well. For those looking for more challenge.

This is what I recommend veterans to play instead of Reunion or Remako. It's absolute perfection when it comes to putting your knowledge of the battle mechanics to the test and never felt cheap or unfair.

Pavemaniac

Sep 10, 2019
For those who are interested, here are some screenshots of Satsuki's HD Mod. Warning - It also contains the usage of Kaldarasha's Character Overhaul Mod that comes optional with The Reunion Mod, if you're adverse to them:
006.jpg

009.jpg

002.jpg

013.jpg
000.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg
014.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

008.jpg
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg
I still haven't been able to get my Sector 7 Pillar bug fixed. I ended up just switching back to the PS4 version. :(
Bizarre issue, never heard/seen it from other players. So you did a complete wipe & fresh reinstall on Steam without mods an still had the issue, right? I wonder if it's a Windows settings conflict. Playing the game on newer versions of the operating system can sometimes throw-out unusual issues, depending on personalised setups.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Bizarre issue, never heard/seen it from other players. So you did a complete wipe & fresh reinstall on Steam without mods an still had the issue, right? I wonder if it's a Windows settings conflict. Playing the game on newer versions of the operating system can sometimes throw-out unusual issues, depending on personalised setups.
Yeah, I made an archive of my modded install so I could go back to it later if needed, then deleted the install and redownloaded the game from Steam. The only thing I made sure to keep from the modded version was my save file. I'll try again later and see if maybe running the game in compatibility mode might fix it, but I'm not sure.

The weird thing is that normally in that scene (or at least this is how it was when I played on PS4 last night), Tifa runs to be northeast of Barret, while Cloud runs to a spot to Barret's southeast. However, on my PC, Cloud ran to Barret's southwest, while Tifa ran east of Barret, which is what was causing the problem since she just continuously runs into the pillar.

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I made an archive of my modded install so I could go back to it later if needed, then deleted the install and redownloaded the game from Steam. The only thing I made sure to keep from the modded version was my save file. I'll try again later and see if maybe running the game in compatibility mode might fix it, but I'm not sure.

The weird thing is that normally in that scene (or at least this is how it was when I played on PS4 last night), Tifa runs to be northeast of Barret, while Cloud runs to a spot to Barret's southeast. However, on my PC, Cloud ran to Barret's southwest, while Tifa ran east of Barret, which is what was causing the problem since she just continuously runs into the pillar.
I'm currently playing the Switch version. I had a similar issue with another NPC in Corel that got stuck in place and bounced back and forth for about 2 minutes until she finally said her line and I was able to move again.

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
I got these mods working, but I ended up having a similar issue the OP did but mine was in the Honey Bee. In the group room one of the guys can't get into position and it causes you to have to Alt F4 out of the game. I could just go to the other room but I have a feeling, with the issue the OP had and my issue is just a sign of things to come. I probably wont continue with this.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I got these mods working, but I ended up having a similar issue the OP did but mine was in the Honey Bee. In the group room one of the guys can't get into position and it causes you to have to Alt F4 out of the game. I could just go to the other room but I have a feeling, with the issue the OP had and my issue is just a sign of things to come. I probably wont continue with this.
I was actually about to post in this thread with an update: I got it fixed a few minutes ago thanks to a suggestion from someone on the Steam forums.

In my case, I had Cloud as party member number one, and Tifa as party member number three, with nobody in the second spot. Moving TIfa to my second spot fixed the issue, and she moved to the right spot for the cutscene that I had been stuck on previously.

The part you're at has Cloud as the only party member, right? Check to make sure he's in your first slot. That may be the problem, if he's in either of the others.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
I'm currently in the process of using the guide linked in the OP to mod my steam copy for use with Reunion and Remako mods. However, I do want to try the new threat mod, too. Is it going to cause trouble if I install new threat after I finish installing the Reunion and Remako mods?
no, as far as i know new threat doesn't work properly if you have reunion installed cause their custom exe aren't compatible, you have to choose one.

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
He was in the first slot, I tried moving him to different slots and got the same result. I'll mess around with it some more by turning off some of the mod options.

Cheers.

lake

Oct 27, 2017
Decided a while back if I'm ever giving FF7 a second shot (bounced off it hard in '97) it'll be on my CRT, to make it look all pretty and such, and better, IMO, than AI-enhanced backgrounds look on PC. But I am tempted by some of the PC gameplay/menu mods, so now I'm wondering if I could have my cake and eat it too by running the PC version at 320x240 on CRT. Kinda doubt it goes sub-480 though.

I'll probably ending up going PS1 w/ retranslation and whatever other minor mods that version may have.

Edit: Actually I might be in luck re: PC @ 320x240.

Last edited: