• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
well keep in mind that the show was meant to be in the MCU to begin with. But I kind of agree, in that thread I said that the series should be soft-rebooted when reintroduced to the MCU. It's tough to scale how strong Daredevil is compared to the Avengers but the tone of the series is also much darker than the films, Daredevil is in grittier situations than Hawkeye or Widow find themselves in so I don't think he former is any weaker than them. As for Kingpin, we kind of see him do things in Daredevil that a peak human might not even withstand, like getting tased and cracking concrete by punching it.
The show was very silly in 'power level' terms. Daredevil could never beat punisher in a fight despite that not really being an issue at all in the comics. And he never even beats bullseye in the show just gets beat up by him.
Yet he then goes and shows that he is a better fighter than iron fist. Very silly stuff.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
The theme slaps too.

QrVkTC3.gif

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
The show was very silly in 'power level' terms. Daredevil could never beat punisher in a fight despite that not really being an issue at all in the comics. And he never even beats bullseye in the show just gets beat up by him.
Yet he then goes and shows that he is a better fighter than iron fist. Very silly stuff.
The MCU is very silly in 'power level' terms too. We see in phase 1 that Captain America is no match for Loki, and in the same movie Iron Man is able to hold his own against Thor for a lot longer than Cap did against Loki, and Thor's strength is comparable to Loki's yet is still stronger. Then in phase 2 Cap fares better against Ultron than he did Loki and in phase 3 he's able to best Iron Man. Honestly Cap's strength really annoys the shit outta me in the MCU.

On the contrary though with Daredevil, I like how he doesn't always win. It makes the show more compelling than some of the stories told in the MCU films in my opinion, making the character look and feel more vulnerable. It's been a while since I watched season 2, but didn't Punisher win against Daredevil by realizing his strengths and using them against him? Shooting him close to his helmet and then forcing him to deal with hypersensitivity the next day which for him is 10x worse than the average person

Last edited:
OP
OP
MegaManTrigger
Oct 26, 2017
The show was very silly in 'power level' terms. Daredevil could never beat punisher in a fight despite that not really being an issue at all in the comics. And he never even beats bullseye in the show just gets beat up by him. Yet he then goes and shows that he is a better fighter than iron fist. Very silly stuff.

This isn't comics though.

If there's one thing the show constantly gets right, it's how exhausting it is to fight and how grounded the fights are in realism. When Matt's dealing with the Punisher who isn't gonna give up, even with bloodied, and without weapons (after all he's a great hand to hand combatant), or how Matt has to be smart about Bullseye being able to create distance between them

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
The MCU is very silly in 'power level' terms too. We see in phase 1 that Captain America is no match for Loki, and in the same movie Iron Man is able to hold his own against Thor for a lot longer than Cap did against Loki, and Thor's strength is comparable to Loki's yet is still stronger. Then in phase 2 Cap fares better against Ultron than he did Loki and in phase 3 he's able to best Iron Man. Honestly Cap's strength really annoys the shit outta me in the MCU.

On the contrary though with Daredevil, I like how he doesn't always win. It makes the show more compelling than some of the stories told in the MCU films in my opinion, making the character look and feel more vulnerable. It's been a while since I watched season 2, but didn't Punisher win against Daredevil by realizing his strengths and using them against him? Shooting him close to his helmet and then forcing him to deal with hypersensitivity the next day which for him is 10x worse than the average person

No he shot him right in the head which knocked him out because it hit him in the armor plate. I don't think punisher had any clue he was blind or had super hearing.
This isn't comics though.

If there's one thing the show constantly gets right, it's how exhausting it is to fight and how grounded the fights are in realism. When Matt's dealing with the Punisher who isn't gonna give up, even with bloodied, and without weapons (after all he's a great hand to hand combatant), or how Matt has to be smart about Bullseye being able to create distance between them

Im saying the writers had no problem giving people he was up against power buffs while simultaneously nerfing Matt. I think they were just punisher fans.
What's the point of punisher using guns if he is a good enough hth combatant to beat Daredevil in a straight up fight anyways?

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, the show is still one of my favorite Marvel things ever. Been a huge fan of the character since I was a kid and damn it felt good seeing the character get the respect he's always deserved.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
Season 2 has too many magic ninjas to be the same kind of great TV as season 1.

Really loved S1 though, I don't think any other Marvel streaming or TV series has topped it.

S2 did suffer from the Defenders setup.

S3 was back in form tho. So good.

I imported the first two seasons in EU blu ray. S3 has yet to see a disc release. :(

OP
OP
MegaManTrigger
Oct 26, 2017
Im saying the writers had no problem giving people he was up against power buffs while simultaneously nerfing Matt. I think they were just punisher fans.
What's the point of punisher using guns if he is a good enough hth combatant to beat Daredevil in a straight up fight anyways?

I can't recall a situation where someone was given more power buffs midway through a season.

Also, I don't understand your other point. I'm on the Punisher arc, and the fights often had Matt disarm Punisher, so he was forced to convert to hand-to-hand.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I still remember he Russian brothers. The one who ruined the date and you knew shit was gonna go down and the other one who ppl ended up liking in the end. I love Daredevil, it's the king of the Netflix Marvel stuff which I generally liked. I'm one of the few I guess who doesn't hate Season 2 at all, 1 and 3 are much better easily but I did like Season 2. Daredevil isn't a totally grounded character so magic undead ninjas and other crazy shit is the norm.

OP
OP
MegaManTrigger
Oct 26, 2017
Just finished Season 2, it was a lot better than I had remembered.

Highlights were:

- Daredevil and Punisher's discussion of superhero ethics
- People v. Frank Castle
- Murdock's meeting with Wilson Fisk

The Hand really only becomes stupid in the final episodes. As much as I dislike them, there were moments that I liked. Particularly with Elektra and Murdock doing the whole Roxxon recon and the fights that ensued.

All S2 reminds me, is how poorly the Hand were integrated, and left me very sour on the Defenders when we still had zero idea what the fuck the Black Sky is!!!!

All I care about is finally re-experiencing S3. This is one of my all-time favourite seasons of television. I'm most especially looking forward to re-exploring Ray Nadeem's character.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
God, the Defenders and all the build up was such a massive wet fart. Thank God Season 3 got it's focus back

Turin

Oct 27, 2017

Eh. The events played out more sensibly than you're making them out to have.

First of all, he beat Franks ass on the boat in S2 in their final fight once he decided to try. Frank even acknowledged DD "wouldn't let him have it". And he basically won the first fight before Frank pulled the gun.

Bullseye was getting his ass kicked 70-80% of the time when they fought and only kept ticking because he had the armored suit and Matt didn't(as acknowledged by Melvin). And in the last fight Matt basically had him figured out, though Fisk finished him off.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
The show was awesome, I recently rewatched it all, and finally watched Iron Fist for the first time which wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought.

But other than the second half of season 2 the entire show is awesome, and even the second half of 2 has some good stuff in it still with Elektra. I still enjoy her and Matt's dynamic even if those episodes as a whole aren't very good.

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching this myself the now and I forgot how godamn good season 1 is. There's that little wobble at the start with Healy where you think it might be a case of the week show and then the plot keeps escalating.

I like Foggy and Karen. They're good comic reliefs in a show that's insanely grim. My only issues with those characters is that they don't take Fisk etc seriously and treat it like they're the Hardy boys solving a case even though Matt, Daredevil and Ben are like Jesus christ take this insane murder man crime syndicate seriously. Stop being so godamn reckless.

Can't wait to watch season 2 and 3 again.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Season 1 is a masterpiece, but there was one thing I wish they did. with how the story progressed, I felt that Karen should have been told of his identity in the season finale. It would have at least made the outings more interesting. Having it played out for another season was grating.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on S3E3 now. It's so funny the night and day difference in quality between this and the other Netflix Marvel shows. With Punisher or Jessica Jones, the hour just dragged. And I would take a long time to watch the next episode. The pacing was glacial. I've watched 3 episodes tonight if Daredevil. As soon as one episode ends I'm ready to immediately start the next one.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
S3E4 -this is the episode where Matt visits the prison. Holy cow what an episode. Insane!!

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I really enjoyed the tone of daredevil and how much tension they built in making Matt struggling to keep his head up from being one step behind in most cases. It's also probably the most vulnerable I've felt a super hero protagonist to be in terms of ability. He was constantly getting stomped in combat like a sports franchise you still root for in down seasons.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to finishing up this today. That finale is straight up one of the most cathartic endings of anything I've ever seen. Talk about nailing the ending.

tumblr_inline_ph4p9gXVDa1qhtea7_500.gifv

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
I've watched DD S1 twice, S2 either 1.5 times or twice, not sure anymore. I couldn't get into the other shows besides Punisher, so I didn't watch Defenders.

Reading this thread I can go and watch S3 without Defenders? I'd probably rewatch S1 and maybe skim S2 or read a synospsis before, so it'd take a while to start with S3.