• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
was one of the best games of 2017, and one I recommend wholeheartedly, just so long as anyone playing the PC version grabs the unofficial FAR patch by "Kaldaien". Folks were hoping that today's release of the GOTY (Game Of The YoRHa) edition of the game would fix that, and include a patch from developers Platinum. Sadly, that's not the case. If you didn't own it previously, the price on the single piece of DLC has been cut, and includes the GOTY perks – some skins for your pod drone, and a machine mask to hide your tears. See the braggadocious trailer below.

Long story short, though: The PC version of Nier: Automata is (assuming you use the unofficial fix-pack) still the best version of a great game. It looks the best, it runs the best, and supports the widest range of controllers. The fact that they never released an official patch is galling, and something I hope Square Enix address in future, but thanks to the wonders of the internet, solutions are just a few clicks away. Let's just celebrate by playing the game again and trying (and failing) not to cry as the poor, sad robots repeat their cycle of tragedy once more.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/02/26/nier-automata-goty-edition-doesnt-include-any-patches/

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
So the disc on the GoTY is still the vanilla 1.00 version from before?

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I already own Automata on Steam so I checked to see what upgrades there were, and I literally can't find any. It uses the same store page as the vanilla version, so it claims that I already own it, but I never got any kind of upgrade or update to the game, so I'm confused on what they even changed? The DLC is still listed separately too.

Oct 25, 2017
Having played it on Pro I'm itching to go back on PC. But this is BS and I'll likely wait to get it for $10 or less off CDK.

ussjtrunks

Oct 25, 2017
are you fucking serious, I've played it already with FAR but its an absolute disgrace they couldnt even spend 2mins patching the fullscreen bug

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I already own Automata on Steam so I checked to see what upgrades there were, and I literally can't find any. It uses the same store page as the vanilla version, so it claims that I already own it, but I never got any kind of upgrade or update to the game, so I'm confused on what they even changed? The DLC is still listed separately too.

Nothing about the game itself has changed. Squeenix just replaced the standard edition with a game + DLC bundle.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
yea it's too bad square enix doesn't care to patch the game, no one should be surprised by this

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Wow, Square enix have no shame. First they did some shady business with the Nier Automata PC release date fiasco and now this.. the hell enix?

Dom6

Oct 26, 2017
On Steam, is it a completely different entry in your library if you purchase it? Or is it just a bundle of the base game + dlc?

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was pretty clear this was just a repackage of game+dlc... never even alluded to additional patches.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Baffles me how such a shoddy port won PC game of the year on here. That being said, thank god for the modding community for saving it.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
This cannot continue.

I actually didn't expect any effort from SE. It's still disappointing, though. When it comes to Nier on PC, they clearly don't give a shit.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Im still in because duh this game was great even from the Demo.

But yes, it is very lame they didnt even decide to fix whatever issues the other version had.... Not a good look

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Is there a digital Game of Yorha on PS4, like a new bundle with the dlc, themes and avatars at a discount? Ill wait for a end of year sale if not or a possible switch port.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Just finished beating it again not too long ago.

One of my favorite games of all time. Shame about the PC version. I would double-dip if they made some official updates to it. I don't mind relying on FAR and the community, but in a GOTY edition, I really shouldn't have to.

sanhora

Oct 25, 2017
It's just straight up baffling how Square has treated the PC version. This is a game that will continue to sell well for years and they couldn't do the bare minimum and patch it even once.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Disappointing, but not surprising. Are there any good sales for the GotY version? I don't really want to play Nier, but I need to before this fall so I won't be completely lost in Final Fantasy XIV's Yorha: Dark Apocalypse raid series.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Disappointing, but not surprising. Are there any good sales for the GotY version? I don't really want to play Nier, but I need to before this fall so I won't be completely lost in Final Fantasy XIV's Yorha: Dark Apocalypse raid series.
I think GMG has it for $34 USD, also it may be about $30USD during the summer sale.

To be fair, looking at Steamdb apparently there IS some kind of patch/update/whatever going on
https://steamdb.info/app/524220/depots/

It's been at QA for 7 days already.
Who knows.
I hope that this means something positive in the end.

Is there a digital Game of Yorha on PS4, like a new bundle with the dlc, themes and avatars at a discount? Ill wait for a end of year sale if not or a possible switch port.
Ya there is a digital bundle on PSN and it cost $40USD. Yoko Taro did want Nier A on N/S but will SE be willing? If it does happen that must have been a real "passion project" (not sure what else to call it) for who ever is working since I imagine it would a pretty big technical undertaking seeing how the game does not run very well on PC,PS4 and Xbox

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I think GMG has it for $34 USD, also it may be about $30USD during the summer sale.

I hope that this means something positive in the end.

Ya there is a digital bundle on PSN and it cost $40USD. Yoko Taro did want Nier A on N/S but will SE be willing? If it does happen that must have been a real "passion project" (not sure what else to call it) for who ever is working since I imagine it would a pretty big technical undertaking seeing how the game does not run very well on PC,PS4 and Xbox
Aye, if it was PG porting it would take at least 2 years from now considering all PGs projects. I will probably cave and get the GoY on PS4.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
It runs. And the PC and PS4 versions are on the same patch.

Anybody expecting more was bound to be disappointed.

Still the game of the year, and not even close.

Deleted member 51266

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
This game sold about a million copies on Steam. Times like this make me believe that PC gamers don't really care about the quality of ports.

ussjtrunks

Oct 25, 2017
its simple shit that could be patched in mins thats the main offenders though, fullscreen resolution being broken is a farce in 2019

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
This game sold about a million copies on Steam. Times like this make me believe that PC gamers don't really care about the quality of ports.
I mean...the community work-arounds solve most issues. If those didn't exist opinions and sales would probably be different.

Plus, depending on the specs on your rig, you could power through any and all issues with barely more than the occasional hitch/hiccup. Anyone with a GTX 980 or better then or now was good to go regardless of patches and community fixes.

Deleted member 51266

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I mean...the community work-arounds solve most issues. If those didn't exist opinions and sales would probably be different.

Plus, depending on the specs on your rig, you could power through any and all issues with barely more than the occasional hitch/hiccup. Anyone with a GTX 980 or better then or now was good to go regardless of patches and community fixes.
Port was still barely playable even with the mod fix for me with massive framerate drops. I could brute force it now with my current rig but I've lost interest.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Port was still barely playable even with the mod fix for me with massive framerate drops. I could brute force it now with my current rig but I've lost interest.
unfortunate :-(

I played it with a 980Ti at launch and the only issue I really had was some sort of glitch that wouldn't allow the prequel mission to complete and move onto the space station and intro. I believe the issue was related to ultra-wide monitors or something. I do remember some framedrops, but nothing really bad. But yea if that was your experience, I too would put it on the shelf until I could more comfortably power through it with a hardware advantage. It's well worth your time, IMO.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I looked on SteamDB and there's some new "DLC" items in the GotY edition, such as the wallpaper set. How can we get these if we already purchased base game + DLC? https://steamdb.info/app/524220/dlc/

Your only option is to remove the game from your account and buy it again.

To be fair, looking at Steamdb apparently there IS some kind of patch/update/whatever going on
https://steamdb.info/app/524220/depots/

It's been at QA for 7 days already.
Who knows.

Ironically, the qa-test update was actually triggered by the data depots being removed from the branch, and the latest public "patch" was just the wallpaper DLC being rolled into the public branch. No actual game data has been modified.

Last edited:

Deleted member 28967

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Controversial i know and will accept the backlash but they deserve to be review bombed( simply stating the lack of any post release support ) at this stage on PC. I think it is absolutely insane that they didnt even patch basic things but feel its ok to release a GOTY edition, i absolutely hate the idea of review bombing Yoko Taro or Platinum but we have no voice for SE and leaving it out to die at release but trying to cash in more. Its not that it would even require much to fix, FFS this GOTY PC edition annoys me.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Mostly disabling seems really https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=914437196 on top of bug fixes

Yeah that's shit, Square really needs to just make the PC version proper the FAR mod not a good replacement to downgrade to make it playable enough
Yes, it's mostly disabling...but that's mostly because people looking for FAR are looking to improve performance rather than enhance the graphics. It does have features to enhance the visuals as I recall. But that's just not why people install it. They're trying to get smooth performance by any means necessary.

nank

Banned
Feb 5, 2019
That sucks. So the
doors locked behind the robots saying "not ready yet" was fucking nothing?

Sad.