• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
Just looking at this makes me realize Sony is such a pompous company not putting their legacy games in 4K. It's such a shame. Thank you Emulation community.

Oct 30, 2017
Killzone is absolutely gorgeous.

I'm still holding out that Sony does some PS2/3 emulation at some point. Whether it's PS5 or PS5 Pro.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Can't wait to one day run the PS3 R&C games at 4K60 since Sony will probably never make that happen officially

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not quite sure these are a straight upgrade as it looks like there's a lot of post-processing that's missing or altered. PS2 emulation is similar with a ton of game-to-game hacks to get around weird-looking bloom at higher internal resolutions.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
GoW looks pretty fucking good. Kratos's model is still great

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I need to check this out. I'd love to make some space under my TV if I can play the games I like on emulator. So far they didn't work.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Is there a trick to get killzone games to work? Last time I tried which is not long ago I can't even get it to boot.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Can this play Idolmaster One for All, Metal Gear Solid Collection, and Umineko PS3 well? I'd like to rip my copies and get rid or my PS3 at some point.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Removing a major aesthetic quality of SOTC isn't really an upgrade, but still good progress in general.

Wish they would fix performance and stability issues in RR7.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
The technical part of this is really interesting. Basically what they do is to disable MLAA, which takes up to 2 SPU, and that lowers CPU requirements considerably. And since 4k is almost free (any card above a 1650 can do it), you downsample.

It's not accurate to how the PS3 operates but it's all benefits from an user standpoint.

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just looking at this makes me realize Sony is such a pompous company not putting their legacy games in 4K. It's such a shame. Thank you Emulation community.
There's nothing pompous about it. This is way harder than it seems. You don't just take a PS3 game, load it on a PS5 and hit "4k resolution." There's a reason these emulators have taken years to be created.

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
There's nothing pompous about it. This is way harder than it seems. You don't just take a PS3 game, load it on a PS5 and hit "4k resolution." There's a reason these emulators have taken years to be created.

They are a multi-million $ conglomerate. When did I say you put it on PS5 and then it says 4K res? Obviously work has to go in. To think a small emulation community is working on making what seemed impossible done on PC.

VoidCommunications

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 2, 2020
Is the emulator finally able to play Ratchet into the Nexus? Been waiting to rip my copy so i can finally play it.
Looks like it just makes it ingame from the wiki, probably has plenty of bugs. I believe the Ratchet games are some of the most difficult to emulate. They tended to really use everything the hardware had to offer and in unique ways to get the best performance.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
The integrated Patch Updater is a really really nice touch. Modern emulation scene really is doing some cool stuff nowadays.

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
Game updates are the best feature. I would hate to be stuck on version 1.0 when so many titles were polished or improved after launch.

Just make the games playable on PS5, Sony. I miss Pacific Rift, GOW Ascension and a few others.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Insane improvements, to see Killzone 3 at 60fps is insane tbh.