• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PS3 emulation going places!

I really need to buy a drive to dump my games asap...and a new SSD to store them, too. D:

Jan 21, 2019
Emulators sound so fucking awesome until you sit down and try to finish a game and you never managed to get the settings just right and you get some weird graphical glitches here and there.

That said, I love emulators and I love what people are achieving. Keep on keeping on.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The real Dante has returned

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Demon's Souls playable in 60 FPS/4K from start to finish nowadays? PS3 emulation looks really good.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Always wanted to play this game on PC.. loved even the animal movie that was released with the game too

Edit: animated, not animal movie šŸ˜

Last edited:

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
My I don't have a working ps3 cobsole, but I still have a few games. I must try this ps3 emulator some day.

anastiel

Banned
Mar 14, 2019
Dante's Inferno is the latest game to be declared fully playable and glitch-free in the open-source PS3 emulator RPCS3. "Issues with Physics made it impossible to finish some stages normally" before now, and there were some problems with cutscene audio stuttering and generally stability, but that's all solved and it's looking lovely in 4K. I mean, as lovely as Hell is ever going to look.

RPCS3 also recently added support for 3D games, on the off-chance you want to play any of those.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
RPCS3 really has come a long way. It gives me hope that the PS5 could support official BC, as unlikely as that still seems.

Y'all haven't lived until you've played Demon's Souls at 4k/60.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
VF5: Final Showdown is apparently playable. What's a good way to extract that game from my PS3?

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Emulators sound so fucking awesome until you sit down and try to finish a game and you never managed to get the settings just right and you get some weird graphical glitches here and there.

That said, I love emulators and I love what people are achieving. Keep on keeping on.
That sounds like 2000s era emulators.

Emulators nowadays are great and more streamlined. Usually, they only require some tinkering at the beginning.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Is it easy to rip games from ps3 discs? I would love to replay ninja gaiden sigma 2 in 4k 60fps if its almost glitches free.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Is it easy to rip games from ps3 discs? I would love to replay ninja gaiden sigma 2 in 4k 60fps if its almost glitches free.
I have a PC Blu-ray drive that can read straight from the discs. That seems to be the easiest way.

Edit: I have this guy, though there are other models listed on the RPCS3 ripping guide that may be cheaper.

Jan 21, 2019
That sounds like 2000s era emulators.

Emulators nowadays are great and more streamlined. Usually, they only require some tinkering at the beginning.
I played a couple of PS2 games on the current version of pcsx2 and all of them need some tinkering in the beginning but at some point in the game they started having weird graphics bugs. Probably due to new scenes having graphical stuff that weren't there at the beginning. I'm not complaining, there are so many variables and it's still an awesome experience to play PS2 games at 4K.

Dolphin is much better though except the weird occasional stutter.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
I never played the game, but looking at the game play video it's an unapologetic rip off of the original GOW games. Down to the tone of the game, gameplay flow and level design.

MykhellMikado

Alt account
Banned
Jan 13, 2020
Just for reference for those wondering:

compatB_Sep2019.png

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I tried out Ridge Racer 7 at 4k60 a few weeks back. It worked flawlessly for the couple of hours I played it. Very impressive how far this emulator has come.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I played a couple of PS2 games on the current version of pcsx2 and all of them need some tinkering in the beginning but at some point in the game they started having weird graphics bugs. Probably due to new scenes having graphical stuff that weren't there at the beginning. I'm not complaining, there are so many variables and it's still an awesome experience to play PS2 games at 4K.

Dolphin is much better though except the weird occasional stutter.
By current, are you referring to 1.4 or the 1.5 development builds? 1.4 is years out of date.

Also, with PCSX2, I recommend using something like Launchbox with the PCSX2 plugin, PCSX2Bonus, or Spectibis. Then you can use use the Emulation wiki for recommended settings and pre-configure each game that way so you don't have to go back and adjust settings every time you want to play a different game.

Every other modern emulator is far superior to PCSX2 in that regard since they all pretty much let you save third party configs natively inside of the UI instead of writing background config files.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
By current, are you referring to 1.4 or the 1.5 development builds? 1.4 is years out of date.

Also, with PCSX2, I recommend using something like Launchbox with the PCSX2 plugin, PCSX2Bonus, or Spectibis. Then you can use use the Emulation wiki for recommended settings and pre-configure each game that way so you don't have to go back and adjust settings every time you want to play a different game.

Every other modern emulator is far superior to PCSX2 in that regard since they all pretty much let you save third party configs natively inside of the UI instead of writing background config files.
does this still work with the current version of launchbox? i remember the update to it moving to web based or whatever messed with PCSX2 plugin for a while

Jan 21, 2019

Yeah I mean 1.5. and thanks, I will look into that.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
I played this last year on Xbox One BC and was really surprised how much I enjoyed it after writing it off as a bad God of War clone when I played the demo when it first came out. Would love a sequel that will never happen.

Dec 15, 2017
I beat Demon's souls with a lowly fx 6300 at stock speeds. Yeah, FPS were lower than 30 sometimes and had some sound glitches here and there but overall it was great. I was trying to beat the game for a second time when it crashed on the Blue Dragon bridge. When resetting the game gets stuck in the Checking Trophies screen... anyone has a workaround for that?

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I love RPCS3, it's incredible how far they've come recently.

My holy grail would be emulating the client side of PSN so that Demon's Souls can connect to the private servers people have said up to maintain the online, that would be absolutely incredible. However with how quickly they're fixing all these different games to work (whoever made Drakengard 3 a priority, I love you) I can't really complain that they're not dropping everything to work on backwards engineering a huge feature for a single game.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Nice! Great to hear how far they've come. Can't wait for the Uncharted series to be playable. One of my favorite franchises ever and would be glorious to play at 4k/60 on PC