• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017

This was leaked via a USK rating IIRC, but this is pretty neat nonetheless. It seems that this is a western-commissioned port going by the wording (like NISA's Falcom Switch ports). Hope we see more of these in the future.

What's the verdict on the game anyway?

Patison

Oct 27, 2017
Never got around to playing Before Crime, but After Days was good. Not Ever17/999 tier good, but really enjoyable, interesting twists and likeable characters. Once it releases I'll gladly jump in!

lucablight

Oct 27, 2017
I backed this for Vita on Kickstarter but it took so long to come out I never got around to playing it.

Oct 27, 2017
The Switch port was actually announced for a while but the (good) news here is the fact it will be a Xtend Edition (whatever that means) and ININ involvement, which should result in a retail release. And also the fact that we are not getting screwed in Europe like the PS Vita owners. The game was finally out on the EU PS Store this summer, two years after the US release, but only in english speaking countries (so not France or Germany) which is beyond baffling.

solidr

Oct 28, 2017
"Root Double -Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition" sounds like a arcsys fighting game title

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Loved it on PC.
Personal recommendation for those who haven't played it: play the "After Days" route first and then the "Before Crime" one. Specific moments hit harder / cause more surprises by following that order.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was not really a fan. The amount of flashbacks bogged it down *so* much.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Good game. Basically unplayable without a walkthrough to navigate the batshit insane decision matrix.

Timodus

Oct 27, 2017
Backed this on Kickstarter for the EU/Finland Vita version and still waiting for that one to hit PSN. I couldn't find it right now but I remember Sekai Project saying that backers would get the Switch version for free.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Backed this on Kickstarter for the EU/Finland Vita version and still waiting for that one to hit PSN. I couldn't find it right now but I remember Sekai Project saying that backers would get the Switch version for free.
It finally hit the Aus PSN this July (over two years late). Check if it's up for you now?

Nvm, saw above that it's limited to English speaking countries only.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
It's releasing 26th November 2020.
File Size: 7.7GB.

Source: eShop

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
So this is finally coming out physically next week over here in Europe. Anyone else super excited for it? Or anyone who already played it digitally on Switch?

I started it on PC back when it first came out and liked the general setting, but never got far. On Switch I usually finish my VNs just because of the convenience of playing everywhere, especially in bed, so I'm looking forward to play this and make more progress.

Any word on the Switch version? Does it support touch in handheld mode? (baffles me how not all VNs automatically do this) How is the font size relative to the screen size etc.?