• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
sGQC4dI.png

Youtube recommended me to watch a Roommania #203 Let's Play episode, shown below.

I have zero ideas how Youtube chooses the video. But it has enlightened me upon this game, and what it seems to be, so I decided to take a look at what this game offers.

It seems you are a god who controls a tenant living in a small Tokyo suburbian home. And, similar to a god game called "Black and White", you influence your tenant's needs to fulfill requirements, which I think are called "missions", that are set each passing day. As a god, to influence your tenant, you basically throw balls at objects, and throw them in a rhythm. The better the rhythm, the better it gets to fill up a meter. If you go overboard on the balls, you can "piss off" your tenant, and the tenant will ignore your demands.

Depending on what your goals are, you can really go ham on the tenant's life, or make the tenant really really diligent.

All-in-all, I think this is a really nice-looking "suburban apartment life simulator". Shame it's not localized.

Curious to see what others' thoughts of this game is, and any fun experiences with this game?

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when FuRyu announced a successor to this for PS4 and then proceeded to forget about it entirely?

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Never actually played the game, but I remember seeing it in the Official Sega DreamCast magazine back in the day as a side-story game. Seemed a little too "left field" for me to take notice, well that and never seeing it on shelves here. The whole concept is very Japanese, as in they come up with the zaniest ideas for a game about something that could be mundane to most, but still be made fun.

Then again I like Shenmue, so who am I to judge?

Gio

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Manila
I love the soundtrack to these games. Serani Poji was a real band and they put out some of the greatest shibuya-kei I've ever heard.