• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
As opposed to Scorpion who is well known for his work on Obama campaign? I don't follow UFC (she's from there, right?) and she sounds like a shitty human being, but I don't see what it has to do with her being in the game? Shitty people are in everything. Have you missed who's the president?
this is top to bottom amazing

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I thought she retweeted one video and said interesting?
She retweeted a horrible conspiracy theory video that peddle really revolting nonsense, got backlash and did a "I'm just asking questions, it's more patriotic than just accepting what you're told" rebuttal, and that's honestly more than enough. That doesn't factor in her transphobic comments or approval of certain domestic abusers either.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory Drive-by Post
Shes just voicing sonya? If thats it, who cares.

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The quote says as an American she thinks it's right to question. I agree with that. If not we would be believing every cop and our dumbass president. Also the article features a link to her public apology. What's the problem?
Yeah, if you fail to see the problem with an "apology" that has 'sorry if you were offended' in it, then I can't help ya.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like it but the character looks fun af in 11 and is one of my pocket picks. I'll get over it.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
The quote says as an American she thinks it's right to question. I agree with that. If not we would be believing every cop and our dumbass president. Also the article features a link to her public apology. What's the problem?
Sure she may not intended to insult or offend anyone (as her apology says), but she still shared a conspiracy video about a horrible event. Like take holocaust deniers as another example, you don't think there's anything wrong to peddle that kind of bullshit?

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
they sold out dude

she looks like Sonya and she obviously adds name rec but they had to have known

It's not like Mortal Kombat of all things is desperate for publicity anyway I don't get it

Or they didn't know?

Until this very thread I had no idea about most of this stuff about her. I'm not really into MMA and yet I know of Rousey and the fact that she was a "big enough name" to be in Entourage.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
So you don't believe nearly 30 kids were murdered by a shooter in december 2012?

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
User Banned (permanent): History of giving credence to conspiracy rhetoric, inflammatory whataboutism; previous severe infractions

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Oh, that's it? It doesn't even sound that bad. Not to dismiss other things, I was just expecting much worse when I red that list in the OP.
She also shared a conspiracy video, I haven't seen this particular video so I don't know what it entails. But probably has something to do with Sandy Hook being false flag and accuse people of being crisis actors.
I'll take it as a compliment. I'm really tired of this shit when threads on ERA about personalities are 10 times longer than threads about actual issues. Like this was 8 pages: Reuters: Turkish police believe Washington Post journalist Khashoggi was killed at Saudi consulate
Sandy Hook is an actual issue, it happened. Don't believe everything Rousey tells you.

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
She also shared a conspiracy video, I haven't seen this particular video so I don't know what it entails. But probably has something to do with Sandy Hook being false flag and accuse people of being crisis actors.
That guy said she removed it and apologized. Something that 99% of people don't do. (Not that I know if it's true, just that specific post said it wasn't that bad)

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
She retweeted a horrible conspiracy theory video that peddle really revolting nonsense, got backlash and did a "I'm just asking questions, it's more patriotic than just accepting what you're told" rebuttal, and that's honestly more than enough. That doesn't factor in her transphobic comments or approval of certain domestic abusers either.
I mean I'm not gonna hate on her for kicking some dudes ass that wouldn't get out of her way after taking nude pictures of her when she didn't want them. I still don't know how to feel about the comments that say she is transphobic. Seems like she was more misinformed than anything (which is a problem in the world right now). I don't think she's a saint. None of us are. But this seems kind of like a witch hunt at some point. Type her name into twitter. Just do it. Look how many people (especially women) are excited as hell about this. Now look how many people are bringing up what this very forum is bringing up. Not many. Now look at how much of this she has actually commented on. And it looks worse. I like being able to actually have a discussion about this though. It seemed for a while if you had a disagreement against the community or topic on here you would just get banned. I stand by the fact that this site says believe women all the time and we aren't believing her side. But I also stand by the fact that this site also says don't have heroes and this subject is proving why (like bill cosby, Kevin heart, Morgan freeman, chris Pratt, and so on and so on). People are human. They make mistakes. Not everything thing is as malicious as it sounds.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mortal Kombat is a DEEPLY problematic game whose major selling point is racist faux Asian mysticism stereotypes and the glorification of torture/graphic cruelty

It got exactly the person it deserved. And man not only is she a terrible person but she's the worst actor. I mean just the worst...

Last edited:

Deleted member 2085

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'm not gonna hate on her for kicking some dudes ass that wouldn't get out of her way after taking nude pictures of her when she didn't want them. I still don't know how to feel about the comments that say she is transphobic. Seems like she was more misinformed than anything (which is a problem in the world right now). I don't think she's a saint. None of us are. But this seems kind of like a witch hunt at some point. Type her name into twitter. Just do it. Look how many people (especially women) are excited as hell about this. Now look how many people are bringing up what this very forum is bringing up. Not many. Now look at how much of this she has actually commented on. And it looks worse. I like being able to actually have a discussion about this though. It seemed for a while if you had a disagreement against the community or topic on here you would just get banned. I stand by the fact that this site says believe women all the time and we aren't believing her side. But I also stand by the fact that this site also says don't have heroes and this subject is proving why (like bill cosby, Kevin heart, Morgan freeman, chris Pratt, and so on and so on). People are human. They make mistakes. Not everything thing is as malicious as it sounds.
Jesus Christ.

Dec 9, 2017
User Banned (permanent): Excusing conspiratorial rhetoric and transphobia; antagonizing other members, previous severe infractions
Yeah, if you fail to see the problem with an "apology" that has 'sorry if you were offended' in it, then I can't help ya.
She's technically right.
Not everyone was offended by her remarks. IF you were, she apologizes.

I for one was not offended. I could give a rats ass about hers, or anyone's opinion on Sandy Hook.
This thread reeks of boredom

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
So you don't believe nearly 30 kids were murdered by a shooter in december 2012?
That's not what I said but thank you for putting words in my mouth. I said I agree with questioning as an American. I know sandy hook happened. I said if I didn't question than am I supposed to believe everything that comes out of a cop or my dumbass presidents mouth? America is a little fucked up at the moment if you haven't noticed. Questioning is important

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
That's not what I said but thank you for putting words in my mouth. I said I agree with questioning as an American. I know sandy hook happened. I said if I didn't question than am I supposed to believe everything that comes out of a cop or my dumbass presidents mouth? America is a little fucked up at the moment if you haven't noticed. Questioning is important
But she was sharing a conspiracy video of Sandy Hook specifically. That's what she was "asking questions" about.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
She used that as a defense of spreading conspiracy theories. It can be true, but it doesn't defend spreading the message that family members of victims are liars

Deleted member 2085

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's technically right.
Not everyone was offended by her remarks. IF you were, she apologizes.

I for one was not offended. I could give a rats ass about hers, or anyone's opinion on Sandy Hook.
This thread reeks of boredom
Who cares if you were not offended? Who cares if anyone was not offended? What the flying fuck does that have to do with anything? She's NOT sorry that she shared a dumbass theory, she's sorry that she got flak for linking that video.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

boy, i wish understanding context and nuance was as agreeable with us americans.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
I'm gonna wait for a sale or used copy if i even decide to buy it. If they are using her for her celebrity star power then they must know the baggage that comes with it too.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
And she said interesting. I've used interesting as a word for many feeling about things. If she believes it that's her own fault. I don't.
It's pretty heavily implied she questions the Sandy Hook incident. When her excuse for sharing specific video about Sandy Hook is to doubt, ask questions and not accept what happened as the truth. She can watch those videos as much as she wants, but if she starts sharing them to her followers it gets bit different. Sandy Hook loonies who also happen to be her fans get acknowledgement for their theories they believe. Even if Rousey didn't, but only found it "interesting". It encourages the conspiracies. Even though she deleted it relatively quick, she already got congratulatory replies for it.

Last edited:

Conan

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (3 days): inflammatory meta-commentary
I wouldn't eve bother saying you don't care or something in a thread like this people are just going to accuse you of being a Sandy Hook denier. Better to just let them do their thing.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Do you also consider stuff like Avatar: The Last Airbender racist? What a ridiculous post.
No, that's not an inaccurate take. Much of Mortal Kombat's characters and lore are an awkward pastiche of cultures and religions from China, Japan, and other parts of Asia as cobbled together with all the care of a white suburban kid writing an Enter the Dragon fanfic.

And to this day, they don't even pronounce Raiden correctly.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
No, that's not an inaccurate take. Much of Mortal Kombat's characters and lore are an awkward pastiche of cultures and religions from China, Japan, and other parts of Asia as cobbled together with all the care of a white suburban kid writing an Enter the Dragon fanfic.

And to this day, they don't even pronounce Raiden correctly.

RAYDEN!!!!

Ripped straight out of Big Trouble in Little China lmao

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Regarding the domestic abuse. If you're trained to fight, you don't raise a hand to anyone off the mat unless you need to stop them from hurting someone. Doesn't matter how angry you get.

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty heavily implied she questions the Sandy Hook incident. When her excuse for sharing specific video about Sandy Hook is to doubt, ask questions and not accept what happened as the truth. She can watch those videos as much as she wants, but if she starts sharing them to her followers it gets bit different.
And maybe it is. I didn't read it that way. And if that is what she believes than screw her. But I feel the statement was because she was showing she made a mistake. Maybe I'm wrong. And that's fine too.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Yikes! Had no idea that Ronda A) Was even involved in the game and B) Had such a problematic history.

Better vetting of talent next time? I don't think she even really is that additive for marketing either? Mortal Kombat will sell just fine on name alone.