• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Dismissive behaviour in a sensitive discussion, drive by
Gamers are so sensitive.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
User Banned (1 month): Rationalizing support of conspiracy theories; false equivalencies
people shouldn't blindly believe everything they hear.

Pretty gross.

Is she wrong? Should we blindly believe everything we hear? I don't get it. It's not like conspiracy theories have never actually existed/come true before. Watergate was a conspiracy. Clinton and Monica Lewinsky was a conspiracy. Conspiracies happen. I really don't get this attitude that it's offensive to even entertain the notion of certain conspiracies. Having said that, I'm not saying the Sandy Hook thing is one, I barely even know what the incident is about.

But someone questioning what is real and what is not does not make them a piece of shit, I don't even get that mindset at all. Nothing wrong with questions.

And I'm not defending her cuz I don't even like her. at all.

-----

I can't fucking stand Rhonda Rousey. Her arrogant shit in the UFC, her terrible attitude, and how damn overrated she was really turned me off. She was "the best of all time" until she got knocked back down to earth (quite literally) *twice* and then basically quit the sport.

As for her being transphobic, that's a shame if she is. It would make me like her even less. But is it actually true? I haven't looked into it much but it seems others are doubting this claim. I can't speak on it much til I know more.

I can't speak on this domestic abuse or Saudi apologist or whatever thing either. Would need to look into it. I skimmed and read somerhing about her abuse thing being blown out of proportion.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Seen the thread and didn't know what the hell was going on. Had to Google. It would probably be a good idea to update the OP with relevant information because I assumed she was a guest character...

...but it's somehow worse than that. They're adding jank voice acting to compliment the jank animations. (amazing that they appear as terrible as ever from the 2 min video I watched)

But yeah, Rousey is a terrible person who needs to go away.

Edit: never mind. Just seen the "as Sonya" bit. Must've read right over it.

Beastie91

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Bay Area CA
You're just about to hit it big in your chosen profession.
You find out your partner has taken nude pictures of you without your permission.
When confronted they block you from leaving your apartment.
You know MMA.

How do you handle this situation?

That doesn't excuse it. But she probably thought her career was over, her trust in her boyfriend was gone, she had no idea what he was gonna do next but she obviously didn't want to be a victim. She slapped him first and he wouldn't budge, so she escalated. After she got him out of the way the dude followed her to her car and got in with her. She threw him out. It's not like she was unprovoked and slapped him upside the head for cooking the wrong thing for dinner.

So you beat them down then continue to write in detail how you beat them down? idk just imagine if this was a man in mma doing this to a woman whatever she thought dont make it okay.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I came in here thinking she was in the game as a character and that got me thinking that a real life person in Mortal Kombat that you could brutally kill would be kind of gross....

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
On top of everything else she's a fucking terrible actress, voice or otherwise.

Fucking this. She has the acting range of a piece of fucking wood.

And am I correct that people are saying that she recently brought up how she's a Sandy Hook conspiracy theorist?

How fucking stupid can she be? Having it be 100% proven that she was a truther in the past, I would have thought she'd try her best to avoid that being brought up at this point in her career. Movie deals, WWE contract.. etc.

Are wrestling fans calling for her to be terminated????????

Nov 2, 2017
I think shes definitely a bit of an idiot, but the domestic abuse and saudi apologist stories seem more like sensationalist headlines to me? That dude seemed like he deserved a fucking beating and the saudi comment seems naive and uninformed, but not necessarily "I support this evil regime"

The Saudi comment definitely cannot be categorized as naive. Her comments were in the context of WWE taking a lot of shit for doing a big event in Saudi Arabia right in the aftermath of the Khashoggi murder, the second in a series of events they'd started earlier that year by producing a bunch of propaganda for how great of a place Saudi Arabia is.

She wasn't unaware of the criticisms of Saudi Arabia, those comments were her defending the country (and the ability of the WWE to cash a fat paycheck from the Saudi royal family) in the face of being presented with those criticisms.

qq more

Oct 25, 2017
Is she wrong? Should we blindly believe everything we hear? I don't get it. It's not like conspiracy theories have never actually existed/come true before. Watergate was a conspiracy. Clinton and Monica Lewinsky was a conspiracy. Conspiracies happen. I really don't get this attitude that it's offensive to even entertain the notion of certain conspiracies. Having said that, I'm not saying the Sandy Hook thing is one, I barely even know what the incident is about.

But someone questioning what is real and what is not does not make them a piece of shit, I don't even get that mindset at all. Nothing wrong with questions.

Wow, you seriously don't know what the Sandy Hook incident was? Have you been living under a rock?

Sandy Hook is a school shooting incident with resulted in 28 deaths (including the shooter), 20 of which were children. Then there is a dipshit conspiracy theory (that Alex Jones of InfoWars came up with) in that all of it is staged which resulted in the victims' parents getting harassed over this. It's an absolutely disgusting conspiracy theory to even support.

You should really look this up before you spout this bullshit, Carlos. I can't believe I have to actually even explain half of this. Just literally google it and you'll immediately understand the problem, if not, then I don't know what to say.

You...barely know what Sandy Hook is about, but want to get involved in a topic about how it's okay to suggest it is a conspiracy?
What Imran said.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Sigh, this really upsets me. I love NRS games. They're the only fighting games I buy anymore because I love their story modes. But I won't be buying this one.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
No, but they're clearly looking to bring someone in for marketing reasons.

You're basically arguing that more famous people shouldn't be used unless there's a mandate, which would never happen.
No I'm not arguing that. You're saying no one knows who Tricia Helfer is, which is why they replaced her. But they used her just fine in Mortal Kombat X. What you want to argue is they should keep striving for more famous people regardless of what they do or say.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Educate yourself before you spout nonsense like this in the future.

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck do you bother posting then?

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I don't know what's worse, the people who keep saying that the general public won't care. Despite the fact that the average human can learn something new and then use that information to make a better decision in the future.

OR

The people who keep downplaying the Sandy Hook incident and her views on it by any means necessary. And then make it even worse by saying things like "I don't know much about what happened in Sandy Hook anyway".

YoEssay

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
User Banned (permanent): Inflammatory drive-by excusing conspiracy theories and transphobia; previous severe infractions
How much of a perfect person do you have to be to do anything anymore? You get outted for so much shit nowadays.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
How much of a perfect person do you have to be to do anything anymore? You get outted for so much shit nowadays.
I've done a pretty good job in my life of not publicly suggesting that parents of a six year old murder victim were faking their grief

It wasn't even super hard

Watch, I'm doing it right now!

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Her views are beyond "not perfect". They are HEINOUS. Like, actually loathsome, gut-churning, and beyond the pale.

Sandy Hook should be one of the most horrific reminders of one of the worst tragedies in our nation's history. It's like being a Holocaust denier; it is a grievously insane and cruel view that robs the survivors and families of their dignity and the dead of their legacy.

It should NEVER be tolerated.

can anyone actually tell me what her views are on sandy hook?
She has repeatedly endorsed, favorited, and commented on Sandy Hook conspiracy theories and videos that promoted the whole thing as a government hoax. She has deleted some of these responses and tweets. She has never apologized.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

-----

I can't fucking stand Rhonda Rousey. Her arrogant shit in the UFC, her terrible attitude, and how damn overrated she was really turned me off. She was "the best of all time" until she got knocked back down to earth (quite literally) *twice* and then basically quit the sport.

As for her being transphobic, that's a shame if she is. It would make me like her even less. But is it actually true? I haven't looked into it much but it seems others are doubting this claim. I can't speak on it much til I know more.

I can't speak on this domestic abuse or Saudi apologist or whatever thing either. Would need to look into it. I skimmed and read somerhing about her abuse thing being blown out of proportion.
giphy.gif

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
As opposed to Scorpion who is well known for his work on Obama campaign? I don't follow UFC (she's from there, right?) and she sounds like a shitty human being, but I don't see what it has to do with her being in the game? Shitty people are in everything. Have you missed who's the president?

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
She has the most monotone and boring voice ever so I am not sure why they would think she is even a good pick, there are so many female celebrities out there who would do a better job.

And then when you add on that she is a sandy hook denier, well, yeah, it's not a good look really is it? Is she a flat earther as well? lol.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
As opposed to Scorpion who is well known for his work on Obama campaign? I don't follow UFC (she's from there, right?) and she sounds like a shitty human being, but I don't see what it has to do with her being in the game? Shitty people are in everything. Have you missed who's the president?
giphy.gif

People don't feel comfortable with horrible people in their entertainment and especially supporting it (nor politics for that matter). And they are also disappointed that being horrible doesn't often have much consequences for celebrities/public figures.

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
She's also a pretty bad actress, which makes it all the more annoying. I'm okay with separating the art from the artist, but in this case the art is shit and leaning heavily on who the artist is :/

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
She thinks it's patriotic to question what happened in Sandy Hook.
"asking questions and doing research is more patriotic than blindly accepting what you're told." Was her follow-up post about a conspiracy video she deleted.
The quote says as an American she thinks it's right to question. I agree with that. If not we would be believing every cop and our dumbass president. Also the article features a link to her public apology. What's the problem?

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
She thinks it's patriotic to question what happened in Sandy Hook.
"asking questions and doing research is more patriotic than blindly accepting what you're told." Was her follow-up post about a conspiracy video she deleted.
Oh, that's it? It doesn't even sound that bad. Not to dismiss other things, I was just expecting much worse when I red that list in the OP.